gowlerk

Nashville Christmas morning bombing

Most likely terrorism of some kind. Although it is always possible that it is mere criminal activity with other motives. So, let the guessing start. Is it a right wing attempt at throwing shit into the fan, or is a left wing Antifa attack? I considered starting a poll of our guesses, but somehow that seemed a little too flippant, even for me.

Edit, I completely forgot about  honouring those who live in fear of other religions with a consideration for the possibility of some kind of Islamic, Hindu, or even Buddist conspiracy being involved. It appears there may have been an attempt to lure first responders in before the blast. Thankfully none seem to be injured.

Edited by gowlerk

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

I heard about it on my class B RV group as well; only there, they were bemoaning the likely new issues that people will have with long-term parking their RV's in town...

Wendy P.

After 9/11 RVs and trucks were banned from the Hoover Dam crossing.

7 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Edit, I completely forgot about  honouring those who live in fear of other religions with a consideration for the possibility of some kind of Islamic, Hindu, or even Buddist conspiracy being involved. It appears there may have been an attempt to lure first responders in before the blast. Thankfully none seem to be injured.

That's a little PC even by Canadian standards. For sure it wasn't roaming bands of rogue Amish. 

57 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I doubt religious terrorist are going to warn everyone to evacuate.  I fear this is alt right work.

I don't see religion behind it, at least not overtly. They seemed too concerned with human life to be followers of any of the currently popular deities.

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

I don't see religion behind it, at least not overtly. They seemed too concerned with human life to be followers of any of the currently popular deities.

So must be trump/GOP aligned. Sort of like a neutron bomb, wipes out economies, jobs, ethics, etc. but lets some people live.

3 hours ago, airdvr said:

I doubt religious terrorist are going to warn everyone to evacuate.  I fear this is alt right work.

Correct  As trump stated so succinctly “some very fine people,”  Odd that a full day has passed yet no statements from trump condemning the terrorism.

Its been 25 years since the Oklahoma City bombing. The warning this bomber made aside. Vehicle bombs like this set very dangerous precedents for the deranged.

Edited by Phil1111

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

Which makes it a fair bet that it's Donald J. Trumps work. Have you yet arrived at a sense of regret that you voted for him?

4 hours ago, airdvr said:

I saw reports that there were possible human remains found at the bomb site. Maybe just an extremely elaborate suicide from a very unwell person?

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Which makes it a fair bet that it's Donald J. Trumps work. Have you yet arrived at a sense of regret that you voted for him?

Do you regret voting for Bill Clinton?  Certainly the Oklahoma City bombing was "his work".

Just now, airdvr said:

Do you regret voting for Bill Clinton?  Certainly the Oklahoma City bombing was "his work".

Now you know damn well what the differences between Clinton and Trump are so please don't play it that way. I don't know who, why or what was behind the Nashville bombing. It could have been some poor bastard that went low on a 100-Way and just couldn't live with it if we're guessing. But in this environment it's no surprise many suspect that President Insurrection was the inspiration as he is to others who are raising hell and causing grief. And all because because Trump is a moron, a liar and a poor loser. And that is why I wonder if you've started feeling regrets. After all, if only 3 or 4 million like you would have voted for the nation instead of your personal wealth the spread would have been too great for any of the bullshit he's been heaping on the nation since election day.

A single man,Anthony Quinn Warner is a 63-year-old Tennessee resident, self employed in IT and described by neighbors as a "loner". Who recently " transferred the home to a Los Angeles woman a month before the blast." Is described as the bombing suspect.

"A quit claim deed available through Davidson County records shows that on November 25, 2020, Warner, for unclear reasons, gave the property in Antioch to an unmarried Los Angeles, California woman named Michelle Swing for zero dollars. The deed confirms that Warner was unmarried. Michelle L. Swing has ties to Tennessee and is 29 years old, according to online records. Her Facebook page is deleted. Daily Mail reached Swing and says she claimed she knew nothing about the house, but they called her “Lisa Swing.”

She told Daily Mail: “In the state of Tennessee you can deed property to someone else without their consent or their signature or anything. I didn’t even buy the house he just deeded it over to me without my knowledge. So this all very weird to me, that’s about all I can say.” According to Daily Mail, Swing declined to say whether she had ever met Warner or had family ties to him, saying, “I’ve been told to direct everything else to FBI.”

Edited by Phil1111

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

A single man,Anthony Quinn Warner is a 63-year-old Tennessee resident, self employed in IT and described by neighbors as a "loner". Who recently " transferred the home to a Los Angeles woman a month before the blast." Is described as the bombing suspect.

Definitely sounds like a guy who is now in small crispy pieces inside the truck.

8 hours ago, gowlerk said:

He may have simply been a depressed person who wanted to go out with a bang.

Uh, yeah. Thanks for that completely new idea. I guess you really needed the last word on this one?;)

Edited by jakee