NewGuy2005

AirPods Pro - Do they hurt your ears?

I got a pair to use for music and podcasts as well as use them for hearing aids. With IOS 14 they added some features that allow you to incorporate the results of a self administered hearing test to modify the sound to accommodate your personal hearing loss profile.

It works great, but they are killing the outer part of my ear. Has anyone else had this experience? Did you ever get used to it?

I don't use airpods, but I do use hearing aids. Hearing aids are much smaller and designed for comfort in long term use, but still bother people a little if they use them all day. AirPods? I looked at them (pictures) I can not imagine trying to use them as hearing aids for more than maybe an hour or two tops. Costco is the best place to get a reasonable price on hearing aids if you feel they would improve you life.

Thanks.  I may end up doing that.  My hearing loss has tested to be "slight," so I am going to try going this route for a while.  They do compensate for my own specific frequency loss, so they do the same thing, but probably with less precision than real hearing aids.  One thing is sure.  They do help.  They just hurt the outer part of my ear.

That's why I wanted to try the AirPods first.  I spend a lot of time listening to music and podcasts, so I want the priority to be on sound quality.

There's another over the counter hearing aid from an Australian company called Nuheara.  They supposedly have great sound quality for music.

13 hours ago, Kenzdik96 said:

Speaking of Airpods, you can actually buy proper earbuds/headphones from reputable companies like Bose or Sennheiser where you will get an order of magnitude better sound quality for equivalent or lower price. 

I needed some of the features the AirPod Pro offers for mild hearing loss.

Edited by NewGuy2005

On 12/24/2020 at 7:11 AM, wmw999 said:

I have some Bose noise canceling earbuds. They are magic. Because of the noise cancellation, I can listen at a much lower volume. 
Wendy P. 

I second this.

The true wireless Quiet Comfort earbuds are awesome and super comfy.