Westerly

SARS-CoV-3?

60% of new cases in London, and has spread to all districts of Wales.  People crowding on trains to leave London before lock down are spreading it everywhere. If you are going to watch past the intro/bottom line, I suggest a playback speed of 1.25 or faster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MINIibH2Iaw

Edited by headoverheels

1 hour ago, Erroll said:From what I have read the new  mRNA vaccines will be effective against these new strains as well.

That’s the theory. Unless the spike protein changes and the immune response it no longer able to target it. Unsure what the chances of that would be with a mutation. I’m guessing possible but unlikely.

At the end of the day though, until we have a concerted international effort to eradicate this quickly, and across the third world too, we’re at risk of ongoing mutations that could make the virus resistant.

Nothing I have been able to find leads me to be too concerned. It is not a new virus, it is one or two of the many small mutations presently found in the world. There is a lot of press coverage, some of it a little sensational, and some concern that this one may be a better spreader. There is no indication that the vaccines would not work. 

My concern is more around the lethality of it. To date, the mutations don’t seem to be more lethal, just more transmissible. No guarantee that future mutations don’t go the other way and full vaccination will take years, if it is ever even completed.

Interview with the director of the Dutch Institute for public health and environment (in Dutch, but Google translate is your friend).

https://www.nu.nl/coronavirus/6097969/van-dissel-over-coronamutatie-moet-echt-nog-het-nodige-worden-onderzocht.html

In a nutshell, don't panic. If it looks, walks and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck. But we're going to do research anyway; in case it's just Billvon.

• Like 3

On 12/22/2020 at 2:23 AM, Baksteen said:

Interview with the director of the Dutch Institute for public health and environment (in Dutch, but Google translate is your friend).

https://www.nu.nl/coronavirus/6097969/van-dissel-over-coronamutatie-moet-echt-nog-het-nodige-worden-onderzocht.html

In a nutshell, don't panic. If it looks, walks and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck. But we're going to do research anyway; in case it's just Billvon.

Very interesting and informative, thank you for the share.

Thoughtful interviewing and straight forward answers, that is rather refreshing.