1 1
brenthutch

2020 climate fails

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

We did have a recovery in the third and fourth quarter but with Biden killing tens of thousands of jobs in his first 48 hours, it doesn’t look like the recovery will continue.:`(

Still having trouble with those concepts of time series and compounding percentages, I see.

(edited)
7 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Ah yes, the : Trump is responsible for everything good and COVID is responsible for everything bad argument. Brought to you by the party of taking responsibility.

You are so spun up with Trump rage you can’t even read.  I never said HE developed the vaccines. I don’t like Trump, never did.  I blame him for loosing the House in the midterms and perverting the GOP.  If he had just turned off Twitter, stayed in the executive residence, eating Big Macs, watching FOX news, let his staff run things and signed whatever a Republican Congress sent him, we would have all been better off.  But blaming Trump for COVID is like blaming Obama for the Gulf oil spill.  I really don’t understand the Trump phenomenon, I don’t get the blind devotion and I don’t get the raging hatred.  

Edited by brenthutch

19 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

You are so spun up with Trump rage you can’t even read.  I never said HE developed the vaccines. I don’t like Trump, never did.  I blame him for loosing the House in the midterms.  If he had just turned off Twitter, stayed in the executive residence, eating Big Macs, watching FOX news, let his staff run things and signed whatever a Republican Congress sent him, we would have all been better off.  But blaming Trump for COVID is like blaming Obama for the Gulf oil spill.  I really don’t understand the Trump phenomenon, I don’t get the blind devotion and I don’t get the raging hatred.  

You forgot the teary eyed emoticon that shows you really mean what you say. For your sake I hope we're not the focus group for some important presentation you have planned. 

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I really don’t understand the Trump phenomenon, I don’t get the blind devotion and I don’t get the raging hatred.  

Simple.  Replace Trump with Biden.  You know the blind, irrational hatred you feel when you hear his name?  The sort of deep hatred that would lead you to post fact-free things like:

but with Biden killing tens of thousands of jobs in his first 48 hours, it doesn’t look like the recovery will continue

Like that.  Same sort of irrational hatred.

8 hours ago, jaybird18c said:

Al described Armageddon and said it’s our fault.  You shouldn’t even be here.  Al got a Nobel Peace Prize for it.  At least that was for something other than skin color, though.  There’s always that.

Obama didn't get the prize for skin color. He got it for not being George W. Bush, a president who opened up a war in the Middle East that is still festering.

It's not much of a reason to get the prize, I agree. But mischaracterizing the reason is wrong.

Wendy P.

8 hours ago, jaybird18c said:

Al described Armageddon and said it’s our fault.  You shouldn’t even be here.  Al got a Nobel Peace Prize for it.  At least that was for something other than skin color, though.  There’s always that.

And for that you also get a prize. You guy's ought to get together and post for each other just to see if we can catch it. 

19 hours ago, kallend said:

Still having trouble with those concepts of time series and compounding percentages, I see.

https://fredblog.stlouisfed.org/2020/06/dating-a-recession/

As I said, we will just have to wait to see what the official date of the end of the recession is.  Biden killing thousands of jobs in his first 48 hours is not a good start.

8 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Biden killing thousands

I often wonder how some folks with short attention spans and strong biases get the wrong idea about things they start to read but don't finish. Could it be intentional hyperbole or is it just lazy writing?

55 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

https://fredblog.stlouisfed.org/2020/06/dating-a-recession/

As I said, we will just have to wait to see what the official date of the end of the recession is.  Biden killing thousands of jobs in his first 48 hours is not a good start.

Trump killed 3 million jobs.  We will see in four years who was better for job growth.

12 hours ago, jaybird18c said:

Avoid race baiting, please.

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

I often wonder how some folks with short attention spans and strong biases get the wrong idea about things they start to read but don't finish. Could it be intentional hyperbole or is it just lazy writing?

No doubt it's often intentional...Head over to FoxNews.com anytime and look at the headlines.  They're al about getting people riled up in as few words as possible

(edited)
6 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Obama didn't get the prize for skin color. He got it for not being George W. Bush, a president who opened up a war in the Middle East that is still festering.

It's not much of a reason to get the prize, I agree. But mischaracterizing the reason is wrong.

Wendy P.

Used to be that someone had to actually do something truly extraordinary to get that recognition.  Gore and Obama blew that curve.

Now BLM has been nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize.  When does this leftist B.S. ever end?

Edited by jaybird18c

27 minutes ago, jaybird18c said:

Used to be that someone had to actually do something truly extraordinary to get that recognition.  Gore and Obama blew that curve.

Now BLM has been nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize.  When does this leftist B.S. ever end?

When evangelicals stop pretending that they are a religion and not a white fascist front.

Why Is a ‘Christian Crowdfunding Site’ Letting Proud Boys Leader Enrique Tarrio Raise Money?   So far more than $90,000 has been raised for the head of the far-right extremist organization, even though it seems to violate the platform’s terms of service

'People have used GiveSendGo to contribute nearly $5,000 to fundraisers for both the central Texas and central Washington Proud Boys. “Our state is under attack by overt and covert communist groups like antifa and BLM,” reads the central Texas campaign page. “They have billionaire donors and leftist politicians to help fund their destruction. We have YOU to help prevent it!”

Trump Supporters Used GoFundMe To Get To DC — Now The Pages Have Been Removed Trump supporters used the popular crowdfunding platform to raise money to attend the president’s rally in Washington, DC.

1 hour ago, jaybird18c said:

As were Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini. They're not left-wing. Also the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, and LBJ during the Vietnam War. Lots of people can be nominated.

There have been nearly 4500 nominations just up until 1967. Lots of those were multiple nominations for a single person or organization, and from the actual recipients, the number of nominations doesn't appear to be a factor.

Nobel Prize Nominations Archive

Wendy P.

2 hours ago, jaybird18c said:

When the Presidential Medal of Freedom isn't awarded to crackpot radio hosts and the Presidents golf buddies? 

On 1/29/2021 at 6:52 PM, jaybird18c said:

You think? I wonder how many Peace Prize laureates you've ever heard of?

The nomination process for a Nobel prize is astonishingly open. A huge number of people can nominate potential recipients. That said, what's your problem? BLM has helped bring about a truly extraordinary change in how race relations are viewed and discussed across most of the western world and beyond.

24 minutes ago, jakee said:

You think? I wonder how many Peace Prize laureates you've ever heard of?

The nomination process for a Nobel prize is astonishingly open. A huge number of people can nominate potential recipients. That said, what's your problem? BLM has helped bring about a truly extraordinary change in how race relations are viewed and discussed across most of the western world and beyond.

And that would be his problem. I think your skills are better spent slapping me around. At least I enjoy it.

• Like 1