hcsvader

400 jumps velo 111

DcloudZ

July 6, 2013

What are you trying to achieve by posting a date?

1. Humour?
2. To scare Ledballoon into buying a Sabre2 170?
3. To let everyone know you're a cool skydiver with knowledge about a secret game?

Fail x 3.

Bounce bingo is not big and it's not clever. It's a douchey affectation like spelling skills with a "z".
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

DocPop

***July 6, 2013

1. Humour?
3. To let everyone know you're a cool skydiver with knowledge about a secret game?

Fail x 3.

Bounce bingo is not big and it's not clever. It's a douchey affectation like spelling skills with a "z".

+1

-ftp-

It's humorous to me, and I am sure a few others, that you are even in a thread like this preatching ANYTHING.

Don't forget where you were once chief, that's all that can be said.

Oh I haven't forgotten. I've taken things much more seriously since my youthful dz.com days. I've taken numerous canopy courses, got a CP judge rating, been asked to be an S&TA and haven't downsized for two years.

I want to make a change for the better but I think some of the "tough love" BS that goes on here is counter-productive and amounts to nothing more than a dick-measuring contest.

Chief, Out.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

DocPop

***July 6, 2013

1. Humour?

Fail x 3.

That's cool bro

ETA: In case it wasn't clear, I dgaf what you think:)
You make yourself sound like someone who thinks he's better than people who smoke even though you quit 2 weeks ago
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

hcsvader

So who's letting him jump in Florida?

Deland
Apopka

Don't want to see me friend dead.

Thanks for the heads up and good for you for posting this. It's not just him you are saving but others as well...he is flagged in our system t Skydive Spaceland Clewiston. Wish we had more like you......

All without ever seeing me land

To Tobyiscool (that name's lame btw): My parachute's size is unrelated weiner, I can post some shots or get some affidavits maybe :P Rob has some weiner shots from Newcastle where I got attacked with a tree branch before diving into a pond. I wasn't looking that big at the time please don't post those Rob! haha

I've landed this chute into wind, xwind, downwind, on rears only, a bunch of canopy drills and 270'd it at night. I had a good look made sure the landing area was clear picked the spot I wanted and landed at that spot on my feet. John LeBlanc amongst other people saw it. I'm going to get shit now probably. I'm not dropping a name to look cool but to show that people are aware of what I'm jumping, that these people are not stupid, and I've been allowed to keep jumping it

I'm not causing undue danger to those around me. I always fly a pattern. I abort turns.

One instructor who had been very vocal telling me I was going to die recently complemented me. He said nice set up height, nice landing. It made me feel good that although I'm SHIT compared to those who are AWESOME, he wasn't being negative to me and I wasn't being dangerous

To the guy who said "what if I was at work with you and saw you doing something dangerous" - you haven't seen me do anything

If I'm running a crew with a new guy I work with them for a bit. Sometimes they have different techniques, use different equipment, have different names for things etc. Once I know what to expect from them I don't ask them to do anything I know they aren't capable of, or anything I'm not prepared to do myself. What I've learnt is that there are a million different ways to do anything, it's not important what way specifically we do them, just so long as everyone is pulling in the same direction we should succeed.

Pretty reasonable I think. I might be an adrenaline junky but I am a reasonable human being and I've approached this in an aggressive but logical manner. I know I can make mistakes. I know if I fuck up, which could be on my next jump, I can kill myself and others.

ledballoon

... I know I can make mistakes. I know if I fuck up, which could be on my next jump, I can kill myself and others.

Do you mind telling me where you jump? I really don't want to be anywhere near someone who thinks like this.

It's one thing to be super aggressive to the point where just one fuck-up will kill yourself, but it's another if you are doing things that could take out another.

wow.. writing anything on here is a minefield of semantics

What I meant by that post is: I don't think I'm incapable of making mistakes, making mistakes is always a reality and I consider this fact ESPECIALLY when my actions endanger others. Swoopers make mistakes. Every single one of em.

NOT: I fuck up left right and center and I don't care if I kill other people in the process.

Do you fly your parachute thinking you will never make any mistakes and are incapable of hurting anyone?????

I like adrenaline. training on swoops all day and having good landings is satisfying, which is almost all my landings. makes me think it was a decent day an enjoyable use of time and I would like to do that again. I'm not an evil child snatching daddy slaying friend dismembering merchant of death. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your jumpsuit!

You're on a hiding to nothing trying to justify or clarify your point of view. Coincidently, so are the rest of the people who are hoping you will see sense.

I don't think you're alone in your your approach, but I do believe it is mistaken. I think you are a product of a generation that believes that avoiding the hard work gets good results. Like a kid who believes playing guitar hero is more beneficial than doing their scales.

The irony is that if you are truly skilled, the person you are most depriving of mastering the discipline is yourself. There is so much that you simply aren't grasping about the process of learning, risk mitigation and development that it is sad.

Also don't mistake peoples frustration with you as seeing you as evil. I'm pretty sure the general feeling is the frustration of having to put up with an adult, behaving like a spoilt brat. Knowing that in all likelihood we collectively will be cleaning up your mess. Whether that mess is a post in bonfire asking for funds for an injured jumper, having to deal with the fall out from a fatality and the emotional trauma that involves etc.

Ultimately I think Rob had the right approach, you have no intent of listening or learning, therefore protect the rest of the people he cares about, by giving the heads up to avoid jumping with you. I don't see any alternatives.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Divalent

***... I know I can make mistakes. I know if I fuck up, which could be on my next jump, I can kill myself and others.

Do you mind telling me where you jump? I really don't want to be anywhere near someone who thinks like this.

It's one thing to be super aggressive to the point where just one fuck-up will kill yourself, but it's another if you are doing things that could take out another.

Seems like he jump at Deland
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

To the guy who said "what if I was at work with you and saw you doing something dangerous" - you haven't seen me do anything

Way to dodge the question. I expected nothing less.

Once I know what to expect from them I don't ask them to do anything I know they aren't capable of, or anything I'm not prepared to do myself

And if you tell them something they are doing is dangerous and they tell you that you have no idea what you are talking about... then what?

And your tower rat exp = ZERO in skydiving.

I know if I fuck up, which could be on my next jump, I can kill myself and others.

Ah, you see. YOU might be fine with you killing others to satisfy your ego... the others may not be willing to put your life in the hands of a person who is fine with risking their life.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Agreed. I shouldn't have written anything.

I played since I was 7, went to music school then played professionally for a few years. I spent 8-10 hours a day or more for about 6 years of that time practising, the rest maybe 2-3hrs a day. worked hard at it for many years.

I work in a hard job. I started pushing boxes and worked my way up. Now I can find work around the world in a cut throat industry developing contacts by working hard at what I do. I've worked my share of 100hr weeks

it sounds like you're talking about pedagogy and the difference between the epistemology of "knowing that" and knowing how

you've summed me up as a spoilt brat which is your prerogative. you misinterpreted the line about being evil, it was light hearted and meant as hyperbole

ledballoon

Agreed. I shouldn't have written anything.

I played since I was 7, went to music school then played professionally for a few years. I spent 8-10 hours a day or more for about 6 years of that time practising, the rest maybe 2-3hrs a day. worked hard at it for many years.

I work in a hard job. I started pushing boxes and worked my way up. Now I can find work around the world in a cut throat industry developing contacts by working hard at what I do. I've worked my share of 100hr weeks

it sounds like you're talking about pedagogy and the difference between the epistemology of "knowing that" and knowing how

you've summed me up as a spoilt brat which is your prerogative. you misinterpreted the line about being evil, it was light hearted and meant as hyperbole

Just shut up already

>I know if I fuck up, which could be on my next jump, I can kill myself and others.

So you know you are doing something that could kill someone else - and you don't really care, you are just going to do it anyway?

That right there is the best possible argument for regulation. Not to save people from themselves, but to save people from other skydivers who just don't give a shit.

I've landed this chute into wind, xwind, downwind, on rears only, a bunch of canopy drills and 270'd it at night. I had a good look made sure the landing area was clear picked the spot I wanted and landed at that spot on my feet. John LeBlanc amongst other people saw it. I'm going to get shit now probably. I'm not dropping a name to look cool but to show that people are aware of what I'm jumping, that these people are not stupid, and I've been allowed to keep jumping it,

So you have at least six jumps on this canopy?
Tobyiscool is a lame name.
You are causing undue danger to those around you.
The instructor who witnessed your landing and gave you a compliment was just trying to be nice.
You were name dropping.
You are not a reasonable human being.
You will fuck up...wether it's on your next jump or not, you will hurt yourself or others.
Contrary to your beliefs and maybe others, I don't want to say I told you so, I've walked in your shoes... Now it hurts to walk. The dick references and my silly banter is in good fun, the advice however is not, take it man, I may not be the smartest one in the room but the combination of you and this sport are going to get someone hurt or killed.
We can't all be smart....

ClippedWings

One more thing. You might say that you're not going to do anything radical with that canopy and that you will "tame" it over time, but let's be honest with ourselves, you didn't buy a velocity to fly it like a navigator, you bought it to fly it like a high performance wing that it is.

With your level of experience / skill and that type of unforgiving wing sooner or later you will do something that you do not have the skill to properly execute and there are 3 possible outcomes:

1) You break yourself to a point where you can still recover, get scared and rethink your choices.
2) You get crippled and never jump again.
3) You die and never do anything again.

Screwing yourself is one thing, but always remember others, people like your family and how they might feel when you cripple or kill yourself and for what? That extra bit of fun / pride that you can still have in the long run if you do it correctly? It's all about patience..

I wish you reflect on this and act wisely, don't be a dumbass like me, life's already hard, it's harder when you're dumb :P

Kudos Sanghi. great post.

Its only sad that you weren't this thoughtful before you steamed in! However you didn't fulfill option 3 by truly good fortune so you did kind of do pretty well overall...although I am sure it doesn't always seem so..

To the 400 jump velo poster. Im sure you won't let it be said and probably won't listen to our advise about upsizing to something like a sabre 2 150...

BUT, if not, please have video on at all times and post the footage on to the SOFPIDARF FB group.

go steady

Yo Bro send me a GoPro

I have a bunch of other expenses going out the door at the moment so have temporarily sold my gear. saddens me deeply so I've been spending my time winding you bunch of **** *** **** ****'s up instead

I could land this parachute on one leg with my eyes closed. I could jump with my helemt on backwards covering my eyes and soar gracefully over the ground like a flying fish on crack. If Bats and Luke Skywalker can do it, so can I. when I come back I expect to see a sweepstake for the next 200 jumps with ME being the beneficiary when I succeed

no where's my reach around?

ledballoon

Yo Bro send me a GoPro

I have a bunch of other expenses going out the door at the moment so have temporarily sold my gear. saddens me deeply so I've been spending my time winding you bunch of **** *** **** ****'s up instead

I could land this parachute on one leg with my eyes closed. I could jump with my helemt on backwards covering my eyes and soar gracefully over the ground like a flying fish on crack. If Bats and Luke Skywalker can do it, so can I. when I come back I expect to see a sweepstake for the next 200 jumps with ME being the beneficiary when I succeed

I will send you a go pro, once you post video of some awesome swoops across the pond on this canopy.
Clearly, you may need to borrow video until that time ;)

ledballoon

Yo Bro send me a GoPro

other expenses? So, talk is, apparently, not cheap.
have temporarily sold my gear explain how that works? Do you get it back when you decide to "change your mind"? [winny voice] "I really didn't want to sell my gear... I'm taking it back now. Here's half your money" [/winny voice]
spending my time winding you bunch of **** *** **** ****'s up instead It appears to most that others have been winding you up?

So, if I've read your post correctly, all of this was just Bull Shit because you couldn't "afford" to run in the tall grass with the big dogs? Looks like I called it from the beginning... Friggen Troll!!!!
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."