hcsvader

400 jumps velo 111

ledballoon

Skydiving is a personal journey within a community. only we're surrounded by a higher concentration of ego maniacs and lunatics all with strong ambitions, idiosyncrasies and motivations so some things are blown wildly out of proportion

It's just a fucking parachute. We choose to jump out of airplanes. I'd like to know the first time in the sport someone said "hey, you know this might not be safe" and the other guy goes "shit oh yeah you're right. wtf are we doing?"

so many people in skydiving love an opportunity to vent their opinion and think they are always right.

great post
What goes around, comes later.

Guy with 40hrs on a cessna 150, pointing at F/A -18: "...its just a fucking aeroplane...."

I call bullshit on you being able to do 450s on a Velocity with 400 jumps, or even 270s, I have 350 jumps and might not have your mad skillz but I'm only just getting my 90's dialed in on my Sabre 2 135 without killing myself.

sparkie

I didn't want to say anything, but all of you are a bunch of losers jumping your big ass canopies. I've been hooking 720's on my crossbraced slider since jump nr 101.

~300 jumps and still on a velo 111 LMAO!

Congratulations! You're an idiot that ran the gauntlet and survived...so far. Say a prayer those that didn't.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I dont see the big deal?

A fellow jumper with just over 500 jumps had just gone onto a 109... with a 1.3 loading. So should we crusify him as well?

Yes, of course. Some don't understand that wing loading is only a part of the issue.

I'm 55kg soaking wet - after ledballoon bounces I should be good to snap his rig up once I've got my A certificate, yeah? :D:P

Ya' gotta be first to the crater.

popsjumper

***I didn't want to say anything, but all of you are a bunch of losers jumping your big ass canopies. I've been hooking 720's on my crossbraced slider since jump nr 101.

Congratulations! You're an idiot that ran the gauntlet and survived...so far. Say a prayer those that didn't.

Pops - maybe it's just me but I interpreted Sparkie's post as sarcasm.

If it wasn't then you are right on!
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

You know the ones who aren't gloating about how awesome they are???

They are the ones you can learn from, they are dead dipshit. You are everything wrong with the sport and every problem all wrapped up in a little tiny canopy. People like you will be the reason we will become over regulated, thanks though for trying to ruin my fun.
We can't all be smart....

tobyiscool1982

You know the ones who aren't gloating about how awesome they are???
They are the ones you can learn from, they are dead dipshit. You are everything wrong with the sport and every problem all wrapped up in a little tiny canopy. People like you will be the reason we will become over regulated, thanks though for trying to ruin my fun.

bad post
What goes around, comes later.

DocPop

******I didn't want to say anything, but all of you are a bunch of losers jumping your big ass canopies. I've been hooking 720's on my crossbraced slider since jump nr 101.

Thanks, I didn't think of that.
If it was sarcasm I will apologize sincerely to Sparkie and everyone for the misinterpretation.

popsjumper

*********I didn't want to say anything, but all of you are a bunch of losers jumping your big ass canopies. I've been hooking 720's on my crossbraced slider since jump nr 101.

Thanks, I didn't think of that.
If it was sarcasm I will apologize sincerely to Sparkie and everyone for the misinterpretation.

Yeah, Sparkie is a funny guy and sometimes his level of sarcasm in quite high B|
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

mx19

Just food for thought... we turned a guy away from jumping here the other day (he had planned a jumping holiday here) who turned up with 650/700 jumps and a velo.

+1

meh, why don't you send me one? you're the ones who wanna see it. I could spend that money on jump tickets.

Sangi, I am sorry for being an arrogant cock on here. A lot of it is just taking the piss. I'm not trying to swoop thinking I'm not going to get hurt, I'm expecting it at some point, I already hit once. It satiates my ADD or something I like it that's all. My main concern is not hurting or hosing anyone while I'm doing my dumb shit. I think I have shown though over the last few months though that I can fly and land my parachute safely without hurting other people.

There have been a lot of high profile deaths in this sport over the last few weeks. People with huge numbers, experience, talent and ability. That doesn't mean that people should quit skydiving. I just don't believe that the awareness of the realities should mean you give up and walk away from your ambitions. I'm trying to do this safely and still feel like I'm challenging myself and enjoying the journey. When I feel like landing a parachute becomes overly easy that's when I want to downsize it because I get bored. I wanted to downsize the 111 not because it wasn't fast enough I just flew the 103 and I liked the overall characteristics of the parachute more. Lighter fronts, and felt like more bottom end flare too, maybe because it was going a little faster? I dunno.

As for all the negativity, me personally if I read about something I find it very difficult to form a definite opinion without first hand evidence. I feel it would be ignorant on my part.

ledballoon

I think I have shown though over the last few months though that I can fly and land my parachute safely without hurting other people.

As for all the negativity, me personally if I read about something I find it very difficult to form a definite opinion without first hand evidence. I feel it would be ignorant on my part.

of the two fatal canopy collisions where I knew the deceased AND the person causing the death, both of the pilots thought they'd 'demonstrated they could fly and land my parachute safely without hurting other people yet both of them had strong negative attitudes towards safety conversations. In the case of the other two, I didn't personally know the decedent nor the person causing the collison, but posts here on DZ.com indicate they'd been talked to about canopy choices and their aggressive flying.

Most everyone in the sport has demonstrated they can fly and land their parachute safely without hurting other people. Until they demonstrate otherwise.

In the last couple of years, canopy collisions, mostly involving smaller canopies, have been a significant killer in our sport. Swooping/low turns are the other killer at the fore. Attitude plays a strong role in how one learns to play in the sky with others, and manage their own airspace.

The natural process tends to slow bad attitudes down sooner than later. Hopefully it comes in the form of just a tib/fib or perhaps a femur vs something much worse.

Hurting others doesn't just include the skydive. It also includes the friends that have to help wipe your ass for 6 months. Your family having to bury their kid. The folks that came out to enjoy watching pretty canopies but get to see someone die instead.
Summer Rental special, 5 weeks for the price of 4! That is $160 a month.

Try before You Buy with Wicked Wingsuits - WingsuitRental.com

Iian i honestly hope that you live long enough to feel the pain of having to bury one of your good friends. maybe then you will understand why i give a fuck... until then could you please lose some weight cuz your going to be a heavy fucker to throw into the ground...
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

if all goes well you will be able to report back us one that one...just ask Sangi
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)