hcsvader

400 jumps velo 111

ordered my T last week good sir

what I was going to suggest was a sweep stake, bets would be placed on blocks of ten jumps over the next 200 jumps eg jumps 380-389 would be one block, so on and so forth. If I don't go in in 200 jumps, I get the money

for future safety I propose SkyCops. Issued with microlights, uniforms, bullhorns and air to air tasers they will control unruly canopy pilots. They will drop Stop signs hung from balloons and hide behind clouds waiting for people to fly through them. All skydivers will be forced to dress like Mario Kart characters and if they have a turtle shell or banana about their persons are permitted to lob such items at the coppers with fervent alacrity

I hope that clears everything up. It's been emotional.

ordered my T last week good sir

what I was going to suggest was a sweep stake, bets would be placed on blocks of ten jumps over the next 200 jumps eg jumps 380-389 would be one block, so on and so forth. If I don't go in in 200 jumps, I get the money

for future safety I propose SkyCops. Issued with microlights, uniforms, bullhorns and air to air tasers they will control unruly canopy pilots. They will drop Stop signs hung from balloons and hide behind clouds waiting for people to fly through them. All skydivers will be forced to dress like Mario Kart characters and if they have a turtle shell or banana about their persons are permitted to lob such items at the coppers with fervent alacrity

I hope that clears everything up. It's been emotional.

Or maybe you can stop being an idiot and realize that people are acutally concerned about your safety and not how cool you look!!!!

Or maybe you can stop being an idiot and realize that people are acutally concerned about your safety and not how cool you look!!!!

Don't deny us all the chance to see some awesome video.

As much as it would be cool to see some awesome video! I think we can all agree we dont want to see someone get hurt, no matter how dumb he is!

I guess darwin, err I mean time will tell.

Don't deny us all the chance to see some awesome video.

As much as it would be cool to see some awesome video! I think we can all agree we dont want to see someone get hurt, no matter how dumb he is!

I guess darwin, err I mean time will tell.

;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

There are two essential parts of being a good pilot, one part is flying skill and the other is judgement.

You may be ahead of the curve in skill but you are way behind in judgement.

That is why people are giving you a hard time.
Life is ez
On the dz
Every jumper's dream
3 rigs and an airstream

There are two essential parts of being a good pilot, one part is flying skill and the other is judgement.

You may be ahead of the curve in skill but you are way behind in judgement.

That is why people are giving you a hard time.

That is an awesome post.

It pretty much takes any argument out of it.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

I absolutely hit in apopka because I dug my hole before I got in the plane

at deland I spent 15-20 jumps orienting myself with the DZ, seeing where the long flat obect free areas are, and I got used to the place. I didnt do that in Apopka

I had nothing but good landings at Deland, despite pushing it. the reason I tried downwind, xwind etc was because it pissed me off that my landing safely was contingent upon landing directly into the wind all the time, what if I got in a situation where I had to land downwind and hadnt planned for it? so I went and tried it, then when the tail wind hit the back of the canopy and launched me forward at nitrous speed I got quite addicted to it and the ridiculous amount of ground you cover. it feels fkn awesome.

At apopka I fcked up by not accurately judging how I felt before I got in the plane, I was a little sick and my acuity was not what it should have been. still my arrogance and comfort level derived from all the positive experiences over rode my ability to see I was digging a hole for myself. I didn't look for outs, and even when I saw my base leg was noy panning out as I had expected, I still went for it. I broke several of my own rules and I'm not surprised I spanked my ass

As unlikely as it sounds from reading my past posts, I do not like taking arbitrary risk. I take an envelope I am familiar with and if I push it to try to learn more it has to be within a relatable margin, otherwise the data is too far outside my knowledge sphere to correlate with what I already know, therefore a pointless experience. I do not initiate turns lower than my audible settings and if I do not have a set up pattern planned with lane and length decided before I enter the plane I don't go for it. obviously reality can upset the best laid plans, in that scenario I try to find the safest way to get down without hosing anyone.

thats not to say my canopy choice isnt inadvisable and I appreciate the concern and input of anyone better than me. this is just how I'm wired, this is what I like to do, this is why I skydive. It's not about looking cool I'm not about the serious looking sunglasses crowd, I'm about those feelings that take me outside reality for a brief moment and just feel amazed to be alive and blown away by the experience I just had. Like MOTHERFUCKER WOOOOOOOHAAA

If you are hell bent on swooping that canopy on every jump I hope you are doing hop and pops so you don't take some other poor bastard with you in your blaze of glory.
Life is ez
On the dz
Every jumper's dream
3 rigs and an airstream

so I went and tried it, then when the tail wind hit the back of the canopy and launched me forward at nitrous speed

That displays a terrible grasp of basic aerodynamics.

On the other hand, it doesn't mean you can't swoop.

(You into BASE? What with your tower job, and skydivers being more about following rules these days, BASE would be a good outlet for your energy. :)

me too I don't want to shit in anyone's can

I like high pulls, more harness time and everyone has usually left the landing area

I've never seen a fanfare for anyone landing after a swoop. what glory? That is brain space that could be used thinking about how to swoop better. That kind of thinking is directly counter productive to achieving anything, it adds pressure that wouldnt exist if the swooper was not actively thinking about what other people think. thats a self awareness and development thing though right? we have Acid for that.

i usually get an idea of wanting to do something that germinates in my head, then I'll think about, then I try to do it. sometimes failure is a necessary part or that process, I'm trying to obviate the most deletrious aspects of that in swooping. People can think what they want of me, so long as they know I do not want to hurt or negatively affect them.

my landing safely was contingent upon landing directly into the wind all the time, what if I got in a situation where I had to land downwind and hadn't planned for it?

you're just now working on that? :D:D:D

that's the shit I've working on here and there for my last 100 jumps on my sabre 2 170.

How good a pilot can you possibly be if you didn't know you could do something on your canopy that I can do on my circus tent?

let me guess, you know the konami cheat code but think you're good at contra, too.

still my arrogance and comfort level derived from all the positive experiences over rode my ability to see I was digging a hole for myself.

Your sig line!

Rat for Life - Fly till I die
When them stupid ass bitches ask why