hcsvader

400 jumps velo 111

English guy.

Iain Jenson

Sorry mate, dont give a Fuck if your mad at me for this post.
Thought you had gotten smarter with your jumping.. Obviously not .

Don't want to see you dead dude.

Florida people please help.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

English guy.

Iain Jenson

Don't even know the guy, but "+1".

If he gets within reach of the PD guys he might just lose the thing. ;)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

English guy.

Iain Jenson

I hope you find someone to shut him down.

He has to be alive to be mad at you.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

What's his wing loading?
What canopy experience does he have?
What canopy did he down size from?

Numbers and canopy size need to be assessed on a case by case senerio.

I have don't many canopy camps and lots of crw. I'm a lot better canopy pilot than most people with the same jump numbers as I have.

So in saying, yeah he's chosen a serious canopy but does he know how to fly it?
*IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED... SKYDIVING IS NOT FOR YOU!!!*

What's his wing loading?
What canopy experience does he have?
What canopy did he down size from?

Numbers and canopy size need to be assessed on a case by case senerio.

I have don't many canopy camps and lots of crw. I'm a lot better canopy pilot than most people with the same jump numbers as I have.

So in saying, yeah he's chosen a serious canopy but does he know how to fly it?

400 jumps + whatever experience + Velo at any wing loading = bad
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

I'm a lot better canopy pilot than most people with the same jump numbers as I have.

I know.

We all are.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Haven't I told you I'm a swoop god :p

I just re-read what I wrote and cringed :p

I ment to say I've done a lot more canopy work than most jumps with around the same numbers.

I'm a lot better canopy pilot than most people with the same jump numbers as I have.

Good for you, and this OK to admit given that you don't fly canopies/WL or engage in manuvers that are considered outside of what would be considered 'safe' for your experience.

So if you're an ace canopy pilot with 200 jumps, that's good. However, you should still be on intermediate canopies loaded at 1.3 or less, and you should not be swooping in any way. But if you can fly an appropriate canopy cleaner and more accurately than other guys with 200 jumps, good for you.

Good for you, and this OK to admit given that you don't fly canopies/WL or engage in manuvers that are considered outside of what would be considered 'safe' for your experience.

So if you're an ace canopy pilot with 200 jumps, that's good. However, you should still be on intermediate canopies loaded at 1.3 or less, and you should not be swooping in any way. But if you can fly an appropriate canopy cleaner and more accurately than other guys with 200 jumps, good for you.

Dude. I'm totally hard core. I've been watching vids on you tube and everything!

Lol. Read my above post.

I'm no swooper. I just know how to fly my canopy safely and accurately. Especially in weather that's less than perfect.

I hold them once a month at the bar.

All you need is a sub 100 sq/ft canopy and money for a carton.

We will sit there and talk about how awesome we are while watching vids of people screwing up on YouTube.

Only sky gods need apply.

Rob, your Mom says my canopy is awesome and YOU need to stop getting your cock out in public before you catch something that doesnt wash off

AND when you did your first BASE jump off a dodgy little 53m bridge in Australia with a landing area the size of a beach towel, I undstood why and I would have helped cart your ass off to hospital had you fucked yourself up, being as you're a grown ass man and can make your own damn decisions

I told you Jaymo flew by me on a high pull in a wingsuit, once. I did not say I am jumping with the PDFT or that they or any other instructor is endorsing my canopy choice by being in the same airplane as me or being on the same DZ.

I had a KA120 before it and to me at least this canopy is more
enjoyable from opening to landing. it is harder to turn vertical speed into forward speed with it definitely, but it opens be

tter lands better is more stable harder to stall has greater range of flight. I've had it for the last few weeks and put 50 jumps on it here its not a secret, I can't really hide the thing.

Best of luck Iain.

Hope you make it.

Lets not forget that my mate who helped me jump off that bridge just died under a similar canopy and he had 4x the jumps and experience you do.

Maybe that'll help you understand why i care.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

I had a KA120 before it and to me at least this canopy is more enjoyable from opening to landing. it is harder to turn vertical speed into forward speed with it definitely, but it opens better lands better is more stable harder to stall has greater range of flight.

Is it really 'harder to turn vertical speed into forward speed' on the VE111 vs the KA120 at your loading? Or is the lack of experience and skill affecting your technique and therefore your understanding of how the canopies fly?

You were already way beyond any reasonable loading for your experience level on the KA120. You probably assumed that since you survived the few jumps you've put on the Katana that you're ready to step up to a Velo.

When the the pics or video of you pounding in are posted, don't be a pussy and try to remove them and scrub your profile. Just get off your mother, pull your pants up and be a man.

nice, I enjoyed the mother reference, you could definitely be more insulting with a bit more intelligence and effort though. 4 out of 10. FYI you dont have to repost my profile in order for people to view it, they can just click on it. that way you're saving time you could be using to be more of a man in between sitting around on DZ.com and jerking off to bukkake videos

Just out of curiosity -

Does the DZ know how much experience you have?

Have any DZs told you that you can't jump that canopy at their DZ?

You know you are way ahead of the recommended progression, what rationale are you using?

Lots of coaching?
Experience with fast motorcycles (cars or something) that give you an edge?
Natural talent and fast learner?

I really hope you don't get hurt, but more importantly, I hope you don't take anyone else out if you do.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

The screenshot of your current profile is for if or when you decide to update it, someone can see that you were jumping a KA120 @ 1.9 with only 300 jumps. And they can see it in the thread in which you admitted to jumping a Velo with less than 400 jumps. Neither one of which is a good idea.

All fun and dirty jokes aside ... don't become another statistic. There are enough examples just like you already. This is becoming a tired cliche.

Someone comes on DZ.com and talks it up about their sweet skills and how they're unique ... blah, blah, blah. And then they pound in and either disappear or have this wonderful epiphany that everyone else is supposed to admire and respect because the jumper has reformed their ways and is now a model for the youngsters.

If this is meant as a fun troll, cool. We can talk trash and ask to have the thread moved into Bonfire. There are plenty of people there with chaffed palms who can add some more humor to the discussion.

Sangi should be able to give you some valuable swooping tips ;)

hehe true that.

No matter how good you think you are, especially if you think that "I managed to live through Katana, so why can't I do the same with a Velo", an xbrace at 400 jumps is just not logical, it really isn't.

Swooping / canopy piloting isn't like freeflying for example, where you can have a few skydives, but hours in the tunnel and still be awesome and safe in the sky.

Please, please, please, don't do what I did, because at this time in your career, the risk to reward ratio is not in your favor and is totally not worth it.. Sure you can "fly and land" your Velo, but for how long until something happens that you can't handle, because you were too confident and too proud to admit that you're simply not ready no matter what you say..

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=4192725;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF578oSkrKk

I did have a lot of fun with what I did, but in the end, it wasn't worth losing my legs over it since I won't be able to have that fun anymore.. Do you want to be in my shoes?

Worst of all, don't ever think that that won't happen to you, that's exactly what I did.

Sangi

One more thing. You might say that you're not going to do anything radical with that canopy and that you will "tame" it over time, but let's be honest with ourselves, you didn't buy a velocity to fly it like a navigator, you bought it to fly it like a high performance wing that it is.

With your level of experience / skill and that type of unforgiving wing sooner or later you will do something that you do not have the skill to properly execute and there are 3 possible outcomes:

1) You break yourself to a point where you can still recover, get scared and rethink your choices.
2) You get crippled and never jump again.
3) You die and never do anything again.

Screwing yourself is one thing, but always remember others, people like your family and how they might feel when you cripple or kill yourself and for what? That extra bit of fun / pride that you can still have in the long run if you do it correctly? It's all about patience..

I wish you reflect on this and act wisely, don't be a dumbass like me, life's already hard, it's harder when you're dumb :P