3 3
timski

THE Vaccine

21 hours ago, Westerly said:

... are 65+ get to cut to the front of the line. Do it that way and not a single dose ever will have to be thrown away. Right now there are thousands of doses that went into the trash last week which is BS.

Speaking of the front of the line, Canadians love US health care:

Canadian snowbirds chartering private jets to fly south for faster COVID-19 vaccine access.  " flying private means Canadians can bypass airport security lines and busy boarding gates, limiting their exposure to others....

but said about 20 passengers have confirmed they were flying to Florida to get the COVID-19 vaccine. She added that inquiries have been increasing since mid-December....getting the COVID-19 vaccine, with private charters costing anywhere from $25,000 up to $80,000 per trip....

"This is not just people that are going to stay down in Florida, this is even people that were willing to go down with a couple of days to get the vaccine and then fly home again," Brind said."

Thanks America. Free enterprise works best when:

"I’ve seen people where they have a perfectly healthy child, and they go for the vaccinations and a month later the child is no longer healthy."

Donald Trump on vaccines, 2012

8 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Speaking of the front of the line, Canadians love US health care:

Canadian snowbirds chartering private jets to fly south for faster COVID-19 vaccine access.  " flying private means Canadians can bypass airport security lines and busy boarding gates, limiting their exposure to others....

but said about 20 passengers have confirmed they were flying to Florida to get the COVID-19 vaccine. She added that inquiries have been increasing since mid-December....getting the COVID-19 vaccine, with private charters costing anywhere from $25,000 up to $80,000 per trip....

"This is not just people that are going to stay down in Florida, this is even people that were willing to go down with a couple of days to get the vaccine and then fly home again," Brind said."

Thanks America. Free enterprise works best when:

"I’ve seen people where they have a perfectly healthy child, and they go for the vaccinations and a month later the child is no longer healthy."

Donald Trump on vaccines, 2012

Yea, good luck. That might be a waste of $80,000. Demand in some areas is low, but in most cases it's through the roof and even those who desperately need it cant get it.

Well,  I lucked out this evening.  My wife the MD finally got to the top of the list and I drove her to the clinic where they were doing the vaccinating.  After her dose they had 5 shots left out of an allotment of 60 for today, all spoken for.  Once each carton (10 doses)  is opened they have to use them all or discard any unused.  

Then someone on the list called in and cancelled, and by then I was the only unvaccinated person left in the clinic.  SO I got their last remaining dose for the day and an appointment for the second shot next month.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, kallend said:

Well,  I lucked out this evening.  My wife the MD finally got to the top of the list and I drove her to the clinic where they were doing the vaccinating.  After her dose they had 5 shots left out of an allotment of 60 for today, all spoken for.  Once each carton (10 doses)  is opened they have to use them all or discard any unused.  

Then someone on the list called in and cancelled, and by then I was the only unvaccinated person left in the clinic.  SO I got their last remaining dose for the day and an appointment for the second shot next month.

Good for you, another case of right place, right time.  I am now on a call list when more vaccines become available in my area.

Operation Warp Speed, or Operation FUBAR?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/01/15/trump-vaccine-reserve-used-up/

Coronavirus vaccine reserve was already exhausted when Trump administration vowed to release it, dashing hopes of expanded access

When Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar announced Tuesday that the federal government would begin releasing coronavirus vaccine doses held in reserve for second shots, no such reserve existed, according to state and federal officials briefed on distribution plans. The Trump administration had already begun shipping out what was available beginning at the end of December. Now, state and local officials across the country are realizing their limited vaccine supply will not immediately increase, dashing hopes of dramatically expanding access for millions of people.

20 minutes ago, kallend said:

Operation Warp Speed, or Operation FUBAR?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/01/15/trump-vaccine-reserve-used-up/

Coronavirus vaccine reserve was already exhausted when Trump administration vowed to release it, dashing hopes of expanded access

When Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar announced Tuesday that the federal government would begin releasing coronavirus vaccine doses held in reserve for second shots, no such reserve existed, according to state and federal officials briefed on distribution plans. The Trump administration had already begun shipping out what was available beginning at the end of December. Now, state and local officials across the country are realizing their limited vaccine supply will not immediately increase, dashing hopes of dramatically expanding access for millions of people.

But if a reserve had existed, they would have released it right? And it's the thought that counts, right?