baronn

Cessna 182 interior re-do

rmarshall234

I think it would be way too heavy. Also, poor choice if there's an onboard fire. Whatever you use it must be approved for it's fire resistance capabilities. You should check the regs..

I hadn't thought of the regulations... Good tip. Plane modifications are regulated for safety reasons aren't they?

Yes they are. And with a certificated airplane like a Cessna 182, even more so.

To the OP, I would suggest starting with Advisory Circular AC 43. 13 -1B, Acceptable Methods Techniques and Practices. You can probably find what you need there pretty easily, without going thru part 23 - which would be much more of an investment. But helpful, if you need to sleep. Good luck.

If you are looking for simple ( and which would add the least amount of weight) then I agree with DBCOOPER. Just primer it. If it needs to look pretty then add a coat of paint.
There are aftermarket interior pieces that you can buy. Aeroplastics is one manufacture.

If you're looking for the DIY project and want something very durable, not too heavy then I'd use Kydex. Most jump planes that have redone interiors are done in Kydex.
It's easy to work with, easy to cut, easy to form/mold. Can by attached using simple fasteners (I.E. sheet metal screws, pop rivets).It meets all the requirements of Part 23.
But that in turn means that it can be pricey.