Domestic Terror Charge in Rail Sabotage WA State

Here are some of your "peaceful protestors", in my home state of Washington. Antifa has moved on, as I predicted on this forum months ago, to "direct action". But you won't read about this in the urine-stream media: they're too busy blaming conservatives (read: white males) for everything that's wrong with both the US and the world.

Look for more "direct  action" from these cowardly fuckers, involving explosives. Coming soon to a railroad bridge near you.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdwa/pr/pair-charged-interfering-safety-railroad-tracks

Edited by Guest

Well, I found links in NY Times, MSN, Fox News, and Heavy.com. And it looks like they've been doing it since January. They posted something on an anarchist website (kind of like Nazis are different from conservatives, anarchists are different from liberals) saying "action was “in solidarity with Native American tribes in Canada seeking to prevent the construction of an oil pipeline across British Columbia, and with the express goal of disrupting BNSF operations and supplies for the pipeline,” according to the complaint."

Wendy P.

2 hours ago, markharju said:

Here are some of your "peaceful protestors", in my home state of Washington. Antifa has moved on, as I predicted on this forum months ago, to "direct action". But you won't read about this in the urine-stream media

Google News Search: BNSF Railway shunt crime
About 3,240 results (0.21 seconds) 

Includes: 
New York Times
Seattle Times
MSNBC

Looks like your problem is you are reading nutso right wing sites and not sites like the New York Times.  If you did you'd be better informed.

When I was a kid we'd do that to get the crossing gates to go down on the two train crossings we had in town.  We'd take a metal bar, put it across the tracks about 100 yards from the crossing and the gates would go down.  Then we'd take it off and run away.  Never knew I was a domestic terrorist.  

6 hours ago, billvon said:

Includes: 
New York Times
Seattle Times
MSNBC

Looks like your problem is you are reading nutso right wing sites and not sites like the New York Times.  If you did you'd be better informed.

When I was a kid we'd do that to get the crossing gates to go down on the two train crossings we had in town.  We'd take a metal bar, put it across the tracks about 100 yards from the crossing and the gates would go down.  Then we'd take it off and run away.  Never knew I was a domestic terrorist.  

Uh, Bill, the the URL I supplied was from the Justice Dept.

(edited)
8 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Well, I found links in NY Times, MSN, Fox News, and Heavy.com. And it looks like they've been doing it since January. They posted something on an anarchist website (kind of like Nazis are different from conservatives, anarchists are different from liberals) saying "action was “in solidarity with Native American tribes in Canada seeking to prevent the construction of an oil pipeline across British Columbia, and with the express goal of disrupting BNSF operations and supplies for the pipeline,” according to the complaint."

Wendy P.

I don't know about this particular pipeline construction, but I can tell you that when I was in Kosovo the huge urban myth was that the US interceded in the Balkans so that a pipeline could be run through it from Russia.

20+ years after the crisis...no pipeline that I know of.

Also, there was a stockade at Bondsteel which was alleged to contain extraordinary-rendition characters. However, in the 3-1/2 years I was there, the only occupant of that stockade was a soldier who was being held for processing and transfer out of theater for court-martial because he had allegedly engaged in horseplay with a live weapon and accidentally shot another grunt (who survived [edit to add: I state "alleged" because I do not know the outcome of the court case. I can promise you that there was one because up to a misdemeanor-level offense, a soldier would receive non-judicial punishment; the nearest JAG offices were in Germany]). The fences of the stockade were never cordoned and the lights were always off. Nobody ever came or went from there at any time. I lived there 24x7 so I (or others) would definitely have observed it. There were other means which I will not go into; however, consider that a small military outpost is like a ship - there are no secrets.

This anecdote bears only an oblique relation to my post; I place it here as an example of not believing everything you read. That said, I do  believe what the Justice Dept has said. It may be that these accused will be exonerated; presumption of innocence and all that, but given that the entire weight of the Feds is coming down on these two, I wouldn't count on it.

Edited by Guest

I was simply countering your statement that it wasn't to be found in the MSM. I don't think derailing trains is funny, and if they did it, and said they did it, then it should be an easy conviction.

The comment about anarchists is just to avoid conflating anarchists with garden-variety liberals.

Wendy P.

11 hours ago, markharju said:

Right.  I was countering your silly claim that it wasn't being covered in the media.  It's a great example of not believing everything you read. 

12 hours ago, markharju said:

Sure, but what does that have to do with you reading nutso right wing sites instead of the New York Times?

In your post you said it was an example of Antifa moving to direct action. The Justice Department link doesn't mention Antifa, so where did you get that from? It was either from a nutso right wing site or your own imagination, like so much else of what you post. If you had bothered to read about it in the New York Times instead of assuming like a good little right wing robot that the New York Times wouldn't cover it then you'd know they were anti-pipeline, not antifa

22 hours ago, markharju said:

Here are some of your "peaceful protestors", in my home state of Washington. Antifa has moved on, as I predicted on this forum months ago, to "direct action". But you won't read about this in the urine-stream media: they're too busy blaming conservatives (read: white males) for everything that's wrong with both the US and the world.

Look for more "direct  action" from these cowardly fuckers, involving explosives. Coming soon to a railroad bridge near you.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdwa/pr/pair-charged-interfering-safety-railroad-tracks

Off topic Mark, just trying to feel you out. Kosovo, you military (former) or contractor??? Your link to your home state is no shocker. 

(edited)
38 minutes ago, timski said:

Off topic Mark, just trying to feel you out. Kosovo, you military (former) or contractor??? Your link to your home state is no shocker. 

Both. Former military, and former whore of war. And now retired.

Edited by Guest

On 12/5/2020 at 8:03 PM, markharju said:

I don't know about this particular pipeline construction, but I can tell you that when I was in Kosovo the huge urban myth was that the US interceded in the Balkans so that a pipeline could be run through it from Russia.

20+ years after the crisis...no pipeline that I know of.

Also, there was a stockade at Bondsteel which was alleged to contain extraordinary-rendition characters. However, in the 3-1/2 years I was there, the only occupant of that stockade was a soldier who was being held for processing and transfer out of theater for court-martial because he had allegedly engaged in horseplay with a live weapon and accidentally shot another grunt (who survived [edit to add: I state "alleged" because I do not know the outcome of the court case. I can promise you that there was one because up to a misdemeanor-level offense, a soldier would receive non-judicial punishment; the nearest JAG offices were in Germany]). The fences of the stockade were never cordoned and the lights were always off. Nobody ever came or went from there at any time. I lived there 24x7 so I (or others) would definitely have observed it. There were other means which I will not go into; however, consider that a small military outpost is like a ship - there are no secrets.

This anecdote bears only an oblique relation to my post; I place it here as an example of not believing everything you read. That said, I do  believe what the Justice Dept has said. It may be that these accused will be exonerated; presumption of innocence and all that, but given that the entire weight of the Feds is coming down on these two, I wouldn't count on it.

We don't believe everything we read already. We read you, that is example enough.

4 hours ago, obelixtim said:

We don't believe everything we read already. We read you, that is example enough.

The cute & funny thing is that you don't have to believe me - you can find out for yourself. Or you can pound sand. Up to you.

31 minutes ago, markharju said:

The cute & funny thing is that you don't have to believe me - you can find out for yourself. 

Oh indeed. For instance because Wendy and Bill didn't believe you they found out you were indeed just lying again, and you can read about it in the mainstream media. Because I didn't believe you I found out you were just making stuff up again too, and they don't appear to have been doing it as part of or for the cause of antifa.

(edited)
9 minutes ago, jakee said:

Oh indeed. For instance because Wendy and Bill didn't believe you they found out you were indeed just lying again, and you can read about it in the mainstream media. Because I didn't believe you I found out you were just making stuff up again too, and they don't appear to have been doing it as part of or for the cause of antifa.

A communist is a communist and should be flung from a helicopter (I don't care about causes - just actions. These people were alleged to have engaged in active sabotage of commercial infrastructure. I really don't give a fuck about why). Is that clear enough for you?

Edited by Guest

(edited)
On 12/5/2020 at 1:08 AM, billvon said:

Includes: 
New York Times
Seattle Times
MSNBC

Derailing tanker cars full of toxic chemicals is all in good fun. Such hijinks. It is to laugh. 49 USC § 20151

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, markharju said:

A communist is a communist and should be flung from a helicopter (I don't care about causes - just actions). Is that clear enough for you?

That is not clear to anyone with a working grasp of English, since the parenthesis entirely contradicts the point.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, jakee said:

That is not clear to anyone with a working grasp of English, since the parenthesis entirely contradicts the point.

Some people...<sigh>

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cause

4: a principle or movement militantly defended or supported

the insurgents' cause

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, markharju said:

A communist is a communist and should be flung from a helicopter (I don't care about causes - just actions. These people were alleged to have engaged in active sabotage of commercial infrastructure. I really don't give a fuck about why). Is that clear enough for you?

I don't understand this morbid fear of Communists. I do understand the insecure individual who has this absolute need to have some sort of scary monster to project the multiple insecurities they hold. 

AKA a nutcase.

Give it up mate. Your man lost. BIGLY.

(edited)
10 minutes ago, obelixtim said:

I don't understand this morbid fear of Communists. I do understand the insecure individual who has this absolute need to have some sort of scary monster to project the multiple insecurities they hold. 

AKA a nutcase.

Give it up mate. Your man lost. BIGLY.

Sounding the alarm about radical leftists has nothing to do with scary monsters or multiple insecurities. These people were apprehended and charged with committing ACTIVE SABOTAGE. I know you don't care but that's my home state those commies are fucking with. You might feel differently if you were personally affected by it. Just sayin'.

Any anarchist knows that the best way to disrupt infrastructure is to go after railways. Blowing up bridges on Interstate 5 would cause major transportation headaches, but attacking railways can cripple an economy. They aren't stupid.

Edited by Guest

(edited)
2 hours ago, markharju said:

Some people...<sigh>

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cause

4: a principle or movement militantly defended or supported

the insurgents' cause

Yes, that's exactly the point. 

As you have just so precisely proven, communism is a cause. So you are saying that you think all communists should be killed, and you think that because you don't care about causes? So once again, no your post is not clear to anyone with a working grasp of the english language. A grasp that clearly eludes you despite your knowledge of the existence of dictionaries.

Edit: The parenthesis is also clearly a lie. You do care about causes. The main reason for the Op was clearly to try and prove you were rght in your earlier prediction about antifa, not because you're that concerned about trains. And in the thread about the racist gym manager you supported his civil disobedience because you support his cause, but you still condemned BLM civil disobedience because you do not support theirs.

Edited by jakee

(edited)

One is violent, the other isn't. One is trying to protect his livelihood, the other is trying to destroy it. Not hard to distinguish. You failed to read the entirety of my remark (causes versus actions). BTW You win. I bow to your magnificence. Kindly stop calling me a liar.

The alleged saboteurs are radical leftists. I don't really care what they call themselves and see no need to distinguish one bunch of communist whackos from another.

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, markharju said:

These people were alleged to have engaged in active sabotage of commercial infrastructure. I really don't give a fuck about why). Is that clear enough for you?

Almost like throwing someone else’s tea into a harbour. String the  commies up! Do it now!

50 minutes ago, markharju said:

One is violent, the other isn't. One is trying to protect his livelihood, the other is trying to destroy it.

One may cause people to die, the other won't. BTW, since his actions cost him a $15k fine and he's had his franchise taken away for being a racist asshole to his customers I don't think he was really trying all that hard to protect his livelihood, do you?

You failed to read the entirety of my remark (causes versus actions).

I did indeed read the entirety of your remark, that's why I know that half of it entirely contradicts the other half. If you don't care about causes why do you think all communists should be flung from choppers?

Kindly stop calling me a liar.

Then stop lying. You clearly do care about causes, as evidenced by the fact that you have overtly referenced their cause in every single post you have made in this thread - even when you were simply imagining what it might be.

... radical leftists.... bunch of communist whackos...

See, your very next paragraph puts the lie to your claim.

5 hours ago, markharju said:

Sounding the alarm about radical leftists has nothing to do with scary monsters or multiple insecurities. These people were apprehended and charged with committing ACTIVE SABOTAGE. I know you don't care but that's my home state those commies are fucking with. You might feel differently if you were personally affected by it. Just sayin'.

Any anarchist knows that the best way to disrupt infrastructure is to go after railways. Blowing up bridges on Interstate 5 would cause major transportation headaches, but attacking railways can cripple an economy. They aren't stupid.

So what about the "Alt-Right terrorists" who were trying to kidnap (and probably murder) the Governor of Michigan? 
That's "ACTIVE INSURRECTION!!!!!!!" 

I know you don't care, but that's right next door to my home state (and they were planning on coming here). 

And this isn't the thirties. Rail carries a fairly small fraction of the freight that moves in the US. 
The majority goes by truck.
Actual numbers vary depending on source, but somewhere between 15%-30% is train, somewhere between 60%-75% goes by truck. 

There are specific categories of freight that move more by train, and that's what these criminals were going after.

But if you want to 'cripple the economy', go after interstates. Particularly major interchanges & bridges. 

With 8 or 10 'good' truck bombs (OKC sized), Chicago could be crippled. Traffic could still get in & out (and past) via the surface streets, but if I-80, I-90 & I-94 were blocked, much of the upper midwest would be screwed. 
There are ways to go around, but they add a lot of distance, especially from Wisconsin, Minnesota and anywhere north & west of that. 
And there's a LOT of freight that goes east from there.