"Jihad Squad" Member Tlaib Publishes Genocidal Tweet

One of the Islamofascists who somehow got elected to Congress has tweeted the following:

"From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free."

"Rashida Tlaib RT's out the same message that got Marc Lamont Hill canned from CNN.

From the River to the Sea, Palestine will be Free – code for eradicating the State of Israel and its millions of Jews.

Reminder – this is a sitting U.S. Congresswoman pic.twitter.com/zEWOptrGPW

— StopAntisemitism.org (@StopAntisemites) November 30, 2020"

See also https://jewishjournal.com/commentary/blogs/242943/palestine-river-sea-always-call-annihilation-not-liberation/

and https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-the-dsa-went-from-supporting-israel-to-boycotting-the-jewish-ethnostate

I believe in justice for Palestine (I lived in the West Bank for several months in the mid-2010s while between assignments in the ME and the HOA - wonderful people [seriously - they're great]; however, I naturally didn't tell them what I did for a living - hah), but not this.

Edited by Guest

Interesting how Palestinian dog whistles get your blood flowing, while racist ones just go right past. That said, yes, she's deliberately inflammatory. Kind of like Strom Thurmond and George Wallace used to be, and kind of like Trump is. She has that right, just as they do -- only she has less power, as a House member, rather than a Senator, Governor, or President. And let's not even get into sexist stuff.

Wendy P.

3 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Interesting how Palestinian dog whistles get your blood flowing, while racist ones just go right past. That said, yes, she's deliberately inflammatory. Kind of like Strom Thurmond and George Wallace used to be, and kind of like Trump is. She has that right, just as they do -- only she has less power, as a House member, rather than a Senator, Governor, or President. And let's not even get into sexist stuff.

Wendy P.

It's not a "dog whistle" - it's in the PLO charter.

You identify with the Zionists; she identifies with the Palestinians. They have conflicting priorities. Kind of like your priorities with killing Iranians who offend you with their jobs, and those of lots of other people.

I have a Palestinian cousin -- he's one of 12 children in his family, with extremely widely-ranging religious beliefs (from Evangelical Christian to conservative Muslim). He keeps very quiet indeed about this issue, but he was born there, and went through refugee camps to get here as a teenager (I think). He's been a citizen since the 1960's. I'm telling you that simply because it's more complicated than "Jews good -- PLO bad." Palestine had lots of inhabitants, including both Arabs and Jews, before 1940.

The cost of WW2 to the Jews was inconceivable. The cost to the Palestinians of Israeli independence was "The war culminated in the establishment of the State of Israel by the Jews, and saw the complete demographic transformation of Palestine, with the displacement of around 700,000 Palestinian Arabs and the complete destruction of most of their villages, towns and cities" (from Wikipedia).

England felt they could "give" it to the Jewish inhabitants because they had taken it away from Turkey as part of the end of WW1.

Too many people give themselves the right to decide for other people. English and Spaniards and Portuguese in the New World (well, then followed by everyone else), Europeans in general in Africa, English in NZ and Australia -- the list goes on and on.

So I gues what I'm saying is if she says that, what of it? We have plenty of people who call for the forcible eviction of Palestinians from their land, why should it be so awful for Palestinians to call for the eviction of Israelis from their land? It's more "eye for an eye" stuff, which costs everyone in the long run, but she doesn't have fewer rights than the Israeli sympathizers.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

You are wrong about me "identifying with the Zionists". Quite the contrary. I believe that the Palestinians have been getting a raw deal all along (especially from the PA itself!) and deserve justice as well as their own state and national identity. Tlaib quoting the PLO charter was in my opinion going too far.

Edited by Guest