Not A Good Time to Be A Nuclear Scientist...

Yeah. Fools and idiots love the idea of 'killing the enemy'.

The reality is that he wasn't that big of a figure in the current nuke program and killing him will make it harder for the West to enter into good faith negotiations with Iran.

Of course, Trump is doing just about everything he can to leave Biden with a series of crises and doing as much damage to prevent Biden from being able to resolve them.

From the WaPo article you linked:

Former CIA director John O. Brennan, a strong Trump critic, tweeted that the attack was “a criminal act & highly reckless. It risks lethal retaliation & a new round of regional conflict,” he wrote. “Iranian leaders would be wise to wait for the return of responsible American leadership on the global stage & to resist the urge to respond against perceived culprits.”

3 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Yeah. Fools and idiots love the idea of 'killing the enemy'.

The reality is that he wasn't that big of a figure in the current nuke program and killing him will make it harder for the West to enter into good faith negotiations with Iran.

*** BULLSHIT AND BULLSHIT. He was a major player (or at least one of the only ones left - hahaha), and there's no such thing as "good faith negotiations" with the Spawn of Satan (the mullahs - even their own subjects hate them)

Of course, Trump is doing just about everything he can to leave Biden with a series of crises and doing as much damage to prevent Biden from being able to resolve them.

From the WaPo article you linked:

You also conveniently left out the part about how HE (Brennan) WAS SILENT about the four Iranian nukies who got whacked during the Obama Administration. Hypocrisy sux.

Edited by Guest

Mark, what about the adage of "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind? Do you think those things happen in a vacuum, and that people who now feel they've been attacked won't retaliate? Or are you hoping they're cowering because they're so shit scared?

If it's that last, remember that we just don't have the endless resources as compared to other countries that we used to. We can't throw endless manpower -- we don't have as much of it, and we value those individual lives more highly, than either China or India.

Feeling alive because of the death of someone else is shameful.

Wendy P.

4 minutes ago, lippy said:

I'd suggest you tone it down 15-20% there Mark, you're about to blow a gasket in your championing of death this morning.

Any time my country's enemies assume room temperature, I do a sack dance in the end zone. xD BTW It's evening over here and will be pitch dark in less than an hour. I'll toast to this fucker's death.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Mark, what about the adage of "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind? Do you think those things happen in a vacuum, and that people who now feel they've been attacked won't retaliate? Or are you hoping they're cowering because they're so shit scared?

If it's that last, remember that we just don't have the endless resources as compared to other countries that we used to. We can't throw endless manpower -- we don't have as much of it, and we value those individual lives more highly, than either China or India.

Feeling alive because of the death of someone else is shameful.

Wendy P.

The world is a safer place for all when it's rid of vermin such as that POS.  He was working on nukes for the radical islamic terror regime. And as for retaliation - LET THEM.

And if "an eye or an eye" wasn't pursued, no one would ever have gone after Reinhard Heydrich. Some people just need killin'.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, markharju said:

The world is a safer place for all when it's rid of vermin such as that POS.  He was working on nukes for the radical islamic terror regime. And as for retaliation - LET THEM.

Um, Mark -- that's right up there with "glass fucking parking lot." What part of the recent Iraq and Afghanistan unpleasantness was worth the financial cost to the US, and the life cost to the rest of the world? Or is it just Muslim blood that pleases you?

Wendy P.

21 minutes ago, kallend said:

Having worked at Los Alamos and written data analysis software for Los Alamos, Livermore and Oak Ridge, I guess that makes me a nuclear scientist.

I worked at Los Alamos for a short time too.  But that makes me a nuclear engineer, so I'm safe.

(edited)

Update from about 72 hours ago regarding this event:

This FARS blurb contradicts other reports that there were operators involved. I read this as the mullahs being unable to admit that a foreign hit squad pulled this off (and got away with it), so they made up a magical, self-destructing weapons system that they could blame it on. They must really think their own people (and the rest of the world) are actually buying this crap ^.^

BTW another IRGC goon (correction: another "austere religious scholar" - hehehe) ate a missile in Syria near the Iraq border the very next day ]:)https://www.reuters.com/article/iraq-iran-syria-militias/air-strike-kills-irgc-commander-at-iraq-syria-border-iraqi-officials-idUSKBN28A2SB

Based on reports of secondary explosions (the goon was reportedly in a truck carrying kaboom items into Syria with "From Iran with Love" printed on them), the missile with his name on it appears to have been HE-based and not the kinetic "Flying Ginsu" (AGM-114 R9X [see https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/agm-114r9x.htm ]) that was alleged to have diced Soleimani ^.^

I love a happy ending B)

Edited by Guest