1 1
kallend

Spam and trolling

Seems to me you've grown accustomed to living in your little left-wing bubble and can't stand the thought of sonic truth-bombs being thrown your way. I tolerate you...

Edit to add: Wendy called me out, quite rightly, for trolling a few days ago. I apologized and promised not to do it again.

Edit to add: However, I do respect the mods and they know that. Therefore I'll respect their call.

Edited by Guest

45 minutes ago, kallend said:

44% of the threads on the first page of SC this morning are right wing rants started by the same person.

He's been doing this for two weeks now.

Seems to me that this fits the definition of spamming and trolling the forum.

The useless threads will quickly fall off of the front page. You have just started your own useless thread to complain about useless threads. It will also quickly disappear. Is being annoying the same as trolling? I'm asking because although there have been several annoying threads started I'm not really sure it is the same as trolling. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, markharju said:

Seems to me you've grown accustomed to living in your little left-wing bubble and can't stand the thought of sonic truth-bombs being thrown your way. I tolerate you...

Edit to add: Wendy called me out, quite rightly, for trolling a few days ago. I apologized and promised not to do it again.

Edit to add: However, I do respect the mods and they know that. Therefore I'll respect their call.

"Truth bombs" is a very relative term. Opinion bombs maybe.

As long as they are discussed, and not just lobbed, and a source of giant picture memes being exchanged, then stuff we disagree with is just as welcome as stuff we agree with. And Gowlerk and Ryoder are absolutely right -- the ignore function and time are powerful here.

Wendy P.

29 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

The useless threads will quickly fall off of the front page. You have just started your own useless thread to complain about useless threads. It will also quickly disappear. Is being annoying the same as trolling? I'm asking because although there have been several annoying threads started I'm not really sure it is the same as trolling. 

John makes a valid point, but one mans troll is another mans republican. I imagine this is how Parler must look. Outrage of the day mixed with everyone talking about the same misinformation, b.s., lies, racism, misogyny, and absence of facts.

Its just too bad that trump supporters with a brain can't express views with logic and facts.

19 hours ago, markharju said:

Seems to me you've grown accustomed to living in your little left-wing bubble and can't stand the thought of sonic truth-bombs being thrown your way.

But they're not truth bombs. They're just a torrent of insult and awfulness from someone who is clearly just throwing a Trump-like tantrum because you can't deal with Trump losing.

I don't really get what's in it for you though. You're like one of those town centre "the end is nigh" sandwich board people walking around and shouting at people, except your sandwich board reads "I'm a terrible person". Why? Why do you want us to think that?

7 hours ago, olofscience said:

His over-compensation of masculinity (via violent fantasies etc) should give you a clue.

The rightwing guy I know at work is bullied by his wife, who knows what it is in this case...

1. Conservatives tend to focus on the negative.

2. Conservatives have a stronger physiological response to threats.

3. Conservatives fear new experiences.

4. Conservatives’ brains are more reactive to fear.

Above from Can brain differences explain conservatives' fear-driven political stances?

15 hours ago, feuergnom said:

on a lighthearted note: without these contribution it would be really quiet in here. and as annoying and otherworldly most of his post are, they are still tempting to reply to

Agreed.  After Trump lost, some of the usual conservatives here have vanished, so ron and markharju's posts keep us amused.

27 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Agreed.  After Trump lost, some of the usual conservatives here have vanished, so ron and markharju's posts keep us amused.

Reading Ron can be amusing in the same way scratching head lice can be relieving. Mark is anything but funny. It is interesting that airdvr has been on trumpbattical whilst the candidate he claimed to know who he is and who he isn't has been reacting to his obvious crushing loss by shredding the constitution, destroying faith in our electoral system, further radicalizing an already rabid base by spreading nonsense conspiracy theories, scamming the foolish out of multiple millions of dollars for his phony defense fund, ignoring the pain and suffering of anyone without a stock portfolio and, just to further baffle the already baffled, no longer dying his hair baby shit yellow. Tough day's to be a Trumpie, I guess.

On 11/29/2020 at 9:17 AM, JoeWeber said:

Reading Ron can be amusing in the same way scratching head lice can be relieving. Mark is anything but funny. It is interesting that airdvr has been on trumpbattical whilst the candidate he claimed to know who he is and who he isn't has been reacting to his obvious crushing loss by shredding the constitution, destroying faith in our electoral system, further radicalizing an already rabid base by spreading nonsense conspiracy theories, scamming the foolish out of multiple millions of dollars for his phony defense fund, ignoring the pain and suffering of anyone without a stock portfolio and, just to further baffle the already baffled, no longer dying his hair baby shit yellow. Tough day's to be a Trumpie, I guess.

I am disappointed with the election outcome.  I have no reason to suspect vote tampering.  I'm following the posts here closely.  Simply waiting for January 20th.

36 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I am disappointed with the election outcome.  I have no reason to suspect vote tampering.  I'm following the posts here closely.  Simply waiting for January 20th.

Good on you Ron for not taking the extremists seriously!  If more people took your approach we would see less strife in this country over the election.

37 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Great. But what about Trumps outrageous behavior post election.