vpjr

PT6-20 Cessna U206

FAA and EASA has some sort of bilateral agreement of certifications. So will this STC be available for EU-registered aircrafts also?
AvGas costs about 3$ per liter (over 10$/usgal) and JET-A around 1$ per liter so anything running on kerosene would be an awesome product.
Currently operating U206C with io-520.

Your plane looks very good. Nice to see that there are still people having faith in the general aviation.

STC SA04034CH has been signed by the Chicago ACO For the PT6 on the U206. They Put it in the mail and have not sent an electronic copy for me to be able too give the model / Sn, engine model, etc yet. Ill have to wait some more to answer any questions. My main focus is to install the next 2 kits on my other U206C models (if they are on the list). Only a little over 6 years........... It feels like another week wont come fast enough.

Van, Do you plan to tour with this airplane any this summer? Maybe we can plan something this to Wichita, K50?

I'll round up as many skydivers as I can. I kind of wonder if the novelty will being in more people than we need to keep it turning.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

The wing extensions are not required. The Sportsman leading edge cuff is Required. You can add any other STC. Any mechanic can install with an IA. Kit includes Engine mount and mounting hardware, Cowl, Wiring, Instrumentation, engine controls.

TommyBotten

I if understood https://www.faa.gov/news/updates/?newsId=83865 and http://www.easa.europa.eu/system/files/dfu/FAA-EASA_TIP_%20Revision_5.pdf correctly, STCs approved in the US are automatically approved in EASA as well.

No, they are not automatically approved. You have to go throught some hoops to get FAA approved STC approved by EASA too... However it shouldnt be that big a problem...

great Job,,,, to follow through with Your quest !!! to this successful result.....
any info, that you might share, regarding rate of climb?
loads per tach hour?
fuel burn per tach hour ?
it's been my observation that the exhaust port,,, off a turbine puts out Big Time HEAT..... mostly noted when boarding a running aircraft, on a busy day....IS the exhaust on the 206 conversion an Issue, for jumpers using a step of the U206 ??? OR is it a NON Factor??? have a great 2016 season.
jmy

I only have a few of loads out if it. 60 degrees F, 6 jumpers, starting at 880ft msl and going to 14K msl, 14min chock to chock, 7.5 gals average. Front float did not notice the exhaust on exit. No hot fuel or turns yet but a good pilot knows how to use beta range to control the exhaust for fuelers or loading. if the last jumper to board is standing at the door adjusting their leg straps you put the exhaust on them and they get in.. Maybe your that last jumper.:D

vpjr

I only have a few of loads out if it. 60 degrees F, 6 jumpers, starting at 880ft msl and going to 14K msl, 14min chock to chock, 7.5 gals average. Front float did not notice the exhaust on exit. No hot fuel or turns yet but a good pilot knows how to use beta range to control the exhaust for fuelers or loading. if the last jumper to board is standing at the door adjusting their leg straps you put the exhaust on them and they get in.. Maybe your that last jumper.:D

hahahHAH.... very GOOD !!! I'm "base material " always have been. So I Would Be boarding first or second and seldom LAST :oB|;)...Plus... I am always geared up and ready...:) before I head to the plane !!!B|
Thanks for those details,,,, sounds wonderful ...
jmy
A 3914

I stood next to a Turbine 206 in Lincoln California a couple years ago as the pilot fired up that engine. No jump door of course. He knew we were all wanted a ride. Just an old man pilot with a shit eating grin on his face ....... I thought for sure it was the only one in the world. He flew away never to be seen again ..... [:/]

Life is short ... jump often.

jumpsalot-2

I stood next to a Turbine 206 in Lincoln California a couple years ago as the pilot fired up that engine. No jump door of course. He knew we were all wanted a ride. Just an old man pilot with a shit eating grin on his face ....... I thought for sure it was the only one in the world. He flew away never to be seen again ..... [:/]

Soloy offered(s) a 206 conversion years ago. But I don't think many were done for USA flying. I'm told most went to Europe.

But what Van Pray Jr has done here I think is a game changer.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

Aerial Transport is looking for a full time mechanic to work for us. The plan is to begin the conversion of our next 2 U206s to the PT6A-20 in March. The goal is to lease out a couple of the planes after the conversions. We plan on continuing converting more aircraft for other purchasers of the kits so this job can go on for a while. Great position for entry level mechanics to experienced A&P. The position is in https://www.google.com/maps/place/Skydive+Flying+V+Ranch/@38.890963,-91.7539513,12z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000:0xd709c095684b9814 Williamsburg, Mo USA. Please share this post with anyone you think may be interested in the position. Thank you. Email [email protected] www.aerialtransport.com

Well it has been a good season with my PT6A-20 U206. I have put on the plane a little over 200 revenue hours flying jumpers. The 2-3 Cessna Drop Zones love the plane. The DZOs have found this 1 plane will do more than trying to run 3 and way smoother. We consistently finish all the work before sunset and the fun jumpers get to jump between Tandem loads. Cool days we do almost 4 loads a clock hour with fueling, Hot and heavy days its 3 loads a clock hour with fueling. 6 jumpers 500msl - 13.5sml. Derated inexpensive engine, 6 jumpers, fast times, Great dispatch reliability and lower cost per seat for the 7000 seat per year 182 DZ. It took a while but Im so glad that its working out. The company that I was working with seems to be doing the right thing now. They delivered my kits to me complete but Not on time. Since then they have delivered to others 3 kits complete and early. Email me at [email protected] if you want some more info.