vpjr

PT6-20 Cessna U206

That sucker looks pretty awesome!

Quick question though, would you expect the exhaust to get sucked into the open door and fill the fuselage?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Swoopy exhaust stacks would look sexy but I had the exhaust stacks made as straight and long as possible to get the exhaust away from the door. Right now I am not smelling any exhaust getting in the fresh air vents, or leaking past the crappy door seals. No stains yet on the wing struts or wings. We will have to see what happen when the cargo doors are of and deflector installed. I reset the torque limit red lines this morning and now it is at 400hp but a snow storm is preventing test flights.

It has been hard to get a straight answer from the company doing the conversion. I (not knowing the regs) have been told the airframe and fuel system must handle 150% of the engines rated power. Then the certified number would be 550 hp. If you run a -20 at 550 hp it wont last long. Run it at 640 ITT and you get 450hp on a hot day for take off and 350hp going through 10K. The engine would last a very long time and performance would be great. Next thing on my work cards is 400hp, 425, 450. I am working on calibration of the fuel flow tomorrow. Hopefully more flight test Thursday. Snow storm here today.

Still my turn and guarding the seat for a while. So far very easy to fly. I believe this will be a great airplane for turbine upgrade transition for pilots. Go from the 182 to the PT6-206 to the Twin Otter.

Does it move the CG much and does the nose feel heavier/lighter?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Putting the batteries in the back put the CG range in like the standard airplane. The aircraft is within the fwd cg limit with just pilot and within at the aft limit fully loaded. I currently have a 140lb weight in the 3rd row bolted down for ballast during flight test to move the CG closer to the center of the envelope.