vpjr

PT6-20 Cessna U206

Each target phase date is so hard to predict. I could come up with a date but would be lying to myself and you. If I knew the true future dates I may not have tried to begin. It is going forward and should have a picture of the prop hanging soon. My best guess for kit sales would be 25 over 5 years just in the skydiving world.

As I am moving forward with this PT6-20 U206 project I am looking for comparison information on the Soloy 206. I have my fantasy projected performance numbers on my aircraft and need to know real world numbers on the Soloy. Fuel burn per load, Turn around time per load / altitude, Rate of climb through 10,000 ft, idle fuel flow, and any other useful information. I understand that most of the Soloy 206s used for skydiving are in Europe so feel free to give me the Liters / Meters and Ill do the conversion.

Lots of the small stuff. Cowl internal ducting with inertial separator, Exhaust, engine controls, discussions over oil cooler installation and fuel boost pumps. Not flying yet but still moving fwd. Thanks for the interest.. Ill post visual progress photos as they come up.

Not sure on fuel burn, but the Soloy I was jumping in Germany was averaging 17 minutes to 14k ft (on my alti), I think it was 4500m for everyone else on the load. I was jumping at FSV Saar in 2003-2004. I always thought it was the ultimate small DZ airplane. I'm interested to see your PT-6 powered version in action.
Blue Skies,
Adam
I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . . — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry