vpjr

PT6-20 Cessna U206

Outside photos.

Nice! Gonna climb like a scalded cat! How soon before new weight and balance?

COOL!!! WE GET TO SCALD CATS DURING FLIGHT TEST OF JRs PT6-20 206!!! SIGN ME UP!!!!

:D:D

But seriously... Jr, I'm kinda surprised to see there's nothing tying the upper and lower reinforcement doublers together. Obviously not necessary ??? , but how did y'all come up with "how much" reinforcement was necessary?

Just needs some duct tape... that'll hold that engine on there!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Cessna has some internal hat structure that runs diagonally. You see the external reinforcement, it attaches the the internal hat structure, that attaches to the cabin box. This is a lot more than the Soloy at 420hp. Can anyone tell me how the airframe holds up to the to skydiving hours with the Soloy?

Cessna has some internal hat structure that runs diagonally. You see the external reinforcement, it attaches the the internal hat structure, that attaches to the cabin box. This is a lot more than the Soloy at 420hp. Can anyone tell me how the airframe holds up to the to skydiving hours with the Soloy?

The first post suggests the installation would be flat-rated at 350 HP

"The aircraft targets would be 350hp to 13K MSl"

Beautiful.
Going to 450 HP will allow it to keep wing extensions or it will be too much of stress for the airframe? i'm asking because a friend of mine put a Garret on a C-195 and he had to cut a foot or so off the wing tip on each side :S. That's is a hell of jump plane.
BTW, thank you for the pictures!

No Drogue, no JUMP!!

Im not sure why he would have to remove the wing tips from the 195. . Ive seen the aircraft on Youtube and noticed that. By removing the lenght of wing he could have gained a higher manuvering speed so the aircraft could cruise at a higher speed. We wont have any limitations on wing extensions and infact will recomend the Flint extensions that will give a gross weight increase of 200lbs. Carved foam shape is covered in fiberglass and we are now bondoing the plug smooth. After cutting off the plug it will be time for the torque and gust load pull test on engine mount / firewall installation.

Looking good Jr.

Let us know when the Turbine 206 Boogie is! ;)

hell yeah! + 1 i'd like to get in on that. I've never done a 206. b4 be cool to do my beer! one on a turbine version.
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Moving fwd slooooowwwwwlllllyyyy.

Don't worry, I'm fairly certain that plane is going to haul some serious ass when it gets in the air, that will make up for it.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message