More Journalists Walk Away from Groupthink

2 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I'm not sure there is an advantage to be gained by playing this game. Do you have any examples of that?

Who am I to question orthodoxy? Same reason the left-wing reporter walked away.

36 minutes ago, markharju said:

They should be treated, not pandered to (or financed with tax dollars, or allowed to share space with REAL women, their feelings be damned. I think the feelings of the WOMEN should be considered first and last [BTW - here we see the REAL "War On Women"]).

So in other words, gender conversion therapy (which has an extremely low self-reported success rate, and an extremely high rate of greater ancillary problems) is preferable to acceptance, hormones, and surgical treatments that have a much self-reported success rate. Because some people (not all -- I'm most definitely a REAL woman who has no issue with sharing a bathroom with anyone who just keeps to themselves, and certainly doesn't have an issue with the new trend in one-person-at-a-time-I-don't-care bathrooms.

Wendy P.

9 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Because some people (not all -- I'm most definitely a REAL woman who has no issue with sharing a bathroom with anyone who just keeps to themselves, and certainly doesn't have an issue with the new trend in one-person-at-a-time-I-don't-care bathrooms.

Of all the problems and challenges women face in society, sharing bathrooms with persons in some kind of gender flux or another has to be pretty low on the list. 

3 hours ago, markharju said:

But if he's so fucked up in the head that he wants to cut his own junk off, there are those who demand that society be bulldozed to accommodate such freaks, including the outrageous demand that taxpayers fund the process. THOSE are the ones whom I reserve hate and anger for.

1) Trans people don't "cut their own junk off."  That's like claiming that an abortion rips a woman's uterus out.  Useful if you are a screaming extremist, perhaps.  But in the end it really just identifies that person as completely divorced from reality.

2) No one is demanding that society be bulldozed, any more than society was bulldozed when blacks were allowed to use white bathrooms.

I just don't believe that the streets should be repaved to accommodate them.

Great.  I don't either.

They should be treated, not pandered to

Treated?  Should black men who want to marry white women be "treated?"  Should gay people be "treated?"  Should people who don't want to have children be "treated?"  Should people who are attracted to feet be "treated?"  Is the government going to make a list of acceptable behaviors, and "treat" anyone outside those boundaries?  Because honestly you're the first one to scream to high heaven when the government gets anywhere close to that.

I think the feelings of the WOMEN should be considered first and last [BTW - here we see the REAL "War On Women"]).

The feelings of women should be considered as much as the feelings of any other people.  
I managed a trans woman for years - and I agree that her feelings should be considered just as much as anyone else's.

Furthermore, I don't question those who can demonstrate true pathology versus those who are gaming the system for their own personal advantage.

When Loving vs Virginia started moving up through the courts, that was one of the most common claims - that she didn't love him, that they were doing it just to prove a point.  They were trying to "game the system" just to ram a hateful and ungodly law down everyone's throat.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Of all the problems and challenges women face in society, sharing bathrooms with persons in some kind of gender flux or another has to be pretty low on the list. 

Yep.  At college we had coed bathrooms.  It was weird for about a week - then it was no issue.

2 hours ago, billvon said:

1) Trans people don't "cut their own junk off."  That's like claiming that an abortion rips a woman's uterus out.  Useful if you are a screaming extremist, perhaps.  But in the end it really just identifies that person as completely divorced from reality.

2) No one is demanding that society be bulldozed, any more than society was bulldozed when blacks were allowed to use white bathrooms.

Great.  I don't either.

Treated?  Should black men who want to marry white women be "treated?"  Should gay people be "treated?"  Should people who don't want to have children be "treated?"  Should people who are attracted to feet be "treated?"  Is the government going to make a list of acceptable behaviors, and "treat" anyone outside those boundaries?  Because honestly you're the first one to scream to high heaven when the government gets anywhere close to that.

The feelings of women should be considered as much as the feelings of any other people.  
I managed a trans woman for years - and I agree that her feelings should be considered just as much as anyone else's.

When Loving vs Virginia started moving up through the courts, that was one of the most common claims - that she didn't love him, that they were doing it just to prove a point.  They were trying to "game the system" just to ram a hateful and ungodly law down everyone's throat.

Hi Bill,

One of your best posts ever.  And I could not agree more.

Jerry Baumchen

2 hours ago, billvon said:

Yep.  At college we had coed bathrooms.  It was weird for about a week - then it was no issue.

Hi Bill,

I experienced something similar in Japan in 1977.  I went into the loo and there were both men & women there.  Took me back for a moment; then I just went into an empty stall and did my thing, all in private.  I would not have a problem with a similar situation in the US today.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  As to Loving vs Virginia; in the Spring of 1960 I took a bus from San Antonio, TX to Montgomery, AL ( I was in the military ).  We stopped somewhere in Mississippi to eat.  I walked into the cafe & saw a white line going right down the middle of the cafe.  I knew then that I was in the south.  It was my first truly OMG moment.  I will never forget it.

Jerry Baumchen

Edited by JerryBaumchen

1 hour ago, Dr.SkyFall said:

Why not let them speak for themselves then?

Because every time they try, they get the same treatment this left-wing reporter did: punished for straying from the Orthodoxy. The whole fucking world doesn't revolve around tranny weirdos, but anyone who dares to deviate from the Orthodoxy gets excommunicated. This whole tranny mania thing is like a "religious" cult: people are so desperate to have meaning in their empty lives that they'll latch onto anything, however insane. Mindless mobs.

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, markharju said:

Because every time they try, they get the same treatment this left-wing reporter did: punished for straying from the Orthodoxy. The whole fucking world doesn't revolve around tranny weirdos, but anyone who dares to deviate from that gets punished.

I guess then I'm not a REAL woman? Because we're no more monolithic than any other group.

50 years ago it was OK to say some things that it's not OK to say any more. Most people are fine with that. 100 years ago gay was a commonly-used word for happy. Queer was weird. 200 years ago women didn't have access to education by and large -- they weren't allowed in class. 75 years ago African-Americans weren't allowed to have equal military jobs in the US.

People rebelled against all of those changes. Some of those people who rebelled were the same people those changes were helping (in modern terms).

Suck it up cupcake -- the world is changing. Young people are changing, just as we did. It's no longer OK to grab women by the ass at work; it's no longer OK to call African-American men "boy," it's no longer appropriate to shut Jews up in segregated parts of the country.

They can hold those views. They just can't say them out loud in all company any more, without people voicing their disagreement and disapproval. They have to change their behavior, instead of expecting everyone else to change.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wmw999 said:

I guess then I'm not a REAL woman? Because we're no more monolithic than any other group.

50 years ago it was OK to say some things that it's not OK to say any more. Most people are fine with that. 100 years ago gay was a commonly-used word for happy. Queer was weird. 200 years ago women didn't have access to education by and large -- they weren't allowed in class. 75 years ago African-Americans weren't allowed to have equal military jobs in the US.

People rebelled against all of those changes. Some of those people who rebelled were the same people those changes were helping (in modern terms).

Suck it up cupcake -- the world is changing. Young people are changing, just as we did. It's no longer OK to grab women by the ass at work; it's no longer OK to call African-American men "boy," it's no longer appropriate to shut Jews up in segregated parts of the country.

Wendy P.

It's all okay if we suck it up and allow girls to be molested, just as long as there's social justice. If that ever happened to any child of mine, the ensuing justice would involve bullets. And what about all this tranny-mania affecting minors? How can anyone stand by and watch this happen or encourage it to happen? How sick can people be?

20 minutes ago, markharju said:

This whole tranny mania thing is like a "religious" cult: people are so desperate to have meaning in their empty lives that they'll latch onto anything, however insane. Mindless mobs.

What “tranny mania”? The only insane mob mania to do with transsexuals is the one you are part of.

11 minutes ago, markharju said:

If that ever happened to any child of mine, the ensuing justice would involve bullets.

Does that fantasy also involve jumping in slow motion?

How about awesome sequences in bullet-time like in The Matrix?

That movie, by the way, was directed by two trans people - the Wachowskis. (They were known as the Wachowski Brothers when they made the Matrix in 1999, but they transitioned and are now living as trans women).

16 minutes ago, markharju said:

It's all okay if we suck it up and allow girls to be molested

Seriously, these things have no connection to each other. Old guys who molest girls are NOT trans. They're heterosexual paedophiles - still wrong, but miles away from being trans. Old men like you, no offense, are far more likely to molest girls than trans women.

3 hours ago, olofscience said:

Does that fantasy also involve jumping in slow motion?

How about awesome sequences in bullet-time like in The Matrix?

That movie, by the way, was directed by two trans people - the Wachowskis. (They were known as the Wachowski Brothers when they made the Matrix in 1999, but they transitioned and are now living as trans women).

Seriously, these things have no connection to each other. Old guys who molest girls are NOT trans. They're heterosexual paedophiles - still wrong, but miles away from being trans. Old men like you, no offense, are far more likely to molest girls than trans women.

Nonetheless I take offense.

Cute: do you perform at Bar Mitzvahs, too?

...and no, such a confrontation with a rapist would only involve the three of us: Messrs Sturm, Ruger, and myself (corrected, with apology for oversight - not directed at olofscience)

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, markharju said:

Nonetheless I take offense.

Cute: do you perform at Bar Mitzvahs, too?

...and no, it would only involve the three of us: Messrs Sturm, Ruger, and myself.

Is that a threat to Olofscience?

Also, he's right about pedophiles. And the number of young girls molested by transgender women is vanishingly small, if it exists at all. I rather doubt it does. Straight (especially white) men have powers that no one else has in American society.

Wendy P.

5 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

I was about to ask. Not that I care - he seriously needs help and this forum is no substitute.

Back to the topic anyway, in my DZ several young women have received creepy behaviour, some bordering on sexual harassment and assault. All of the perpetrators were older men, some much older. None were trans. There really is no connection.

Edit to add: there is actually one trans skydiver who jumps there occasionally, and I would definitely trust my girlfriend hanging out with her much more than the creepy old guys.

Edited by olofscience

2 hours ago, markharju said:

It's all okay if we suck it up and allow girls to be molested, just as long as there's social justice.

Nope.  Girls can't be molested.  It's against the law.

And what about all this tranny-mania affecting minors? How can anyone stand by and watch this happen or encourage it to happen? How sick can people be?

And what do minors think about pure honorable white women being debased by being with black men?  How will such disgusting acts against God and nature warp their views of humanity?  How sick can people be?

Exactly the same argument, just 50 years earlier.

If you think that there is "tranny mania" around and it is coming to get you - that's your problem.  If it bothers you, seek help.  If not - mind your own business, and extend the same rights to others that you demand for yourself.

7 hours ago, markharju said:

I do accept gender dysphoria as real. It's just as real as the others (see DSM 5) - I just don't believe that the streets should be repaved to accommodate them. They should be treated, not pandered to (or financed with tax dollars, or allowed to share space with REAL women, their feelings be damned. I think the feelings of the WOMEN should be considered first and last [BTW - here we see the REAL "War On Women"]). Furthermore, I don't question those who can demonstrate true pathology versus those who are gaming the system for their own personal advantage. This is why I think that early on in his administration, Trump should have come out as a tranny. He would have won the intersectional sweepstakes and been spared a lot of the flak he took. Okay, that last bit was a gag.

Go tell the Spartans.

3 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Also, he's right about pedophiles. And the number of young girls molested by transgender women is vanishingly small, if it exists at all. I rather doubt it does. Straight (especially white) men have powers that no one else has in American society.

Wendy P.

Of course not. It was directed at the perverts. Poor wording, with apologies for the oversight. And it isn't just the young girls...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8211325/Female-prison-officers-raped-inmates-self-identify-trans-women-claim.html

https://news.wttw.com/2020/02/19/lawsuit-female-prisoner-says-she-was-raped-transgender-inmate

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/02/24/female-inmate-claims-she-was-raped-by-transgender-woman-moved-into-housing-unit/

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/female-inmate-claims-she-was-raped-by-transgender-inmate-who-was-placed-in-illinois-womens-prison/

https://dailycaller.com/2018/05/16/colorado-transgender-prisoners-rape/

https://quillette.com/2019/10/12/male-bodied-rapists-are-being-imprisoned-with-women-why-do-so-few-people-care/

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/male-rapist-transfer-womens-jail/

"The idea that many male offenders would opt to serve their sentences in women’s correctional facilities is not something that should shock a thinking person. But it appears that common sense is forgotten once the words “gender identity” are invoked. Male offenders, including violent offenders and sex offenders, currently are incarcerated in women’s prisons in various western jurisdictions. This policy has been adopted in numerous countries under the guise of tolerance."

Next, you're going to tell me that they're not the same thing. I disagree, placing them on a spectrum of twisted humanity that is in dire need of purging.

"... just because they feel as if they are the opposite sex does not mean that their delusion must be society’s reality."

But billvon will probably compare my attitudes to Jim Crow laws...however, it's another apples-and-giraffes comparison fallacy. One's appearance (skin color/race) is something one is born with and is immutable, versus all the convenient gender-bending. If I ever get busted, I'm going to tell the jail management that I identify as a female. That'll be a great way to pass the time.

https://fairplayforwomen.com/

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P.

".and no, it would only involve the three of us: Messrs Sturm, Ruger, and myself."

Damn right it was a threat. We aren't allowed to say what he is without getting dinged, deleted and maybe a day off. It's time.

7 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

".and no, it would only involve the three of us: Messrs Sturm, Ruger, and myself."

Damn right it was a threat. We aren't allowed to say what he is without getting dinged, deleted and maybe a day off. It's time.

Oh come now. It was down thread from him saying he would go after pervs. In answer to a question about it. It clearly was not a threat to anyone here.

3 hours ago, markharju said:

If that ever happened to any child of mine, the ensuing justice would involve bullets.

It was referencing this statement. And it's not that hard to say what he is. Just use his own words.

Edited by gowlerk