nigel99

46 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

When kids are throwing hissy fits; you don't reward them with attention; you ignore them until the hissy fit becomes irrelevant.

Probably should have thought of that before you elected the tantrum throwing kid President.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

When kids are throwing hissy fits; you don't reward them with attention; you ignore them until the hissy fit becomes irrelevant. Enjoy the holidays and in less than 60 days this too shall pass.  

His hissy fit can now be ignored only because his hack at the GSA ascertained that Biden won and let the transition begin. The day before that was different. You know, a full scale press to suborn the will of the electorate. Stuff like that. Today the asshat, without congressional approval, moved a C-130 Wing to Savannah, GA to assist Perdue in the Senate run-off. 60 day's will pass in 60 days but the damage he has done will be a permanent scar.  

31 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

60 day's will pass in 60 days but the damage he has done will be a permanent scar.  

Ag Barr has revved up the execution machine at Terre Haute trying his best to extract vengeful justice in the time he has left. Stephen Miller, now deprived of his chance to overturn birthright citizenship in a second Trump term is doing all he can to speed up as many deportations as he can. The recently named Defence Secretary is working to fight the DoD to do Trumps bidding ASAP. Those are just the stand out examples of the lame duck policies still working to do as much damage as possible.

9 hours ago, nigel99 said:

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/cafe-bar-check-ins-to-be-mandatory-in-wa-from-december-5-20201125-p56hx6.html

I am really strongly opposed to this! Yes I know Facebook, Apple and google all have the same information but this is government mandated registration. I essentially do not have a choice but to comply. With the  Facebook etc I can choose not to be involved 

Hi Nigel,

A lot of people did not like rationing during WW II.  But, they got thru it & it went away,

You will survive it also.

And, some places are doing it here in Oregon.  You can chose not to frequent them.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  You're starting to sound like Mark Harju.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, riggerrob said:

Many restaurants near Vancouver insist on writing down my name and phone number before seating me. It is part of their - Provincial gov't imposed - clientele tracking program.

They would not care if I gave them the Easter Bunny's phone number!

Hah!

Hah!

Of course that also means you will not be notified if you have been exposed during your time there.

40 minutes ago, riggerrob said:

Many restaurants near Vancouver insist on writing down my name and phone number before seating me. It is part of their - Provincial gov't imposed - clientele tracking program.

Hah!

Hah!

So you'll have an excellent alibi for any crimes committed in the area while you are there.

2 hours ago, riggerrob said:

Hah!

Hah!

I had the same experience in Oregon earlier this month. I chose to see it as an attempt at liability protection, but that's probably the DZO in me. 

I'm surprised the group seems so unanimously opposed to this--It's really smart and it's exactly what we need. It can be effective in ways that no other measure can.

Apart from that, I don't understand how any reasonable person can look at the current state of the global pandemic and think that this measure or any known measure is overkill. If overkill existed, the pandemic would be over. If this measure is overkill, we should be clamoring to adopt it so we can put this all to an end.

59 minutes ago, nwt said:

I'm surprised the group seems so unanimously opposed to this--It's really smart and it's exactly what we need. It can be effective in ways that no other measure can.

Apart from that, I don't understand how any reasonable person can look at the current state of the global pandemic and think that this measure or any known measure is overkill. If overkill existed, the pandemic would be over. If this measure is overkill, we should be clamoring to adopt it so we can put this all to an end.

My trust level in all levels of our government is at a lifetime nadir. Other than that, I'm good.

3 hours ago, billvon said:

Well, Hitler's been overused lately, so 1984 is sort of second most hyperbolic.

Quite surprised how out of step I am both with all my friends and this forum. 
Seems almost everyone supports these measures. 
It honestly feels like the early steps of big brother. Happy to be wrong!

15 minutes ago, nigel99 said:

I'm honestly in two minds. We've been doing roughly this type of tracking for pubs and restaurants in QLD for months, so I'm already used to it. Is it that the WA thing is a government maintained app? I can agree with being wary of that, as a minimum.

Ours has been a case of venues being responsible for implementation, and liable for penalties if their version doesn't meet mandated standards. I've noticed enforcement at venues has been wildly varied too - some won't serve you until you've shown the confirmation screen on your phone after submitting, others haven't even asked. Most places I've been have a QR code and an online form, but my local up the road just has paper slips to fill out and throw in a bucket lol. Technically I believe they're compliant.

EDIT: For added context, I never downloaded the CovidSafe app because of extensions made (from the app they copied) in the data storage timeframes, that never had a decent excuse from the government as to why they changed it. I think caution is warranted, but wouldn't be invoking Orwell just yet.

Edited by mistercwood

21 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Today the asshat, without congressional approval, moved a C-130 Wing to Savannah, GA to assist Perdue in the Senate run-off. 60 day's will pass in 60 days but the damage he has done will be a permanent scar.  

Fake News. Joe, this all started back in 2017 when the 165th was mobilized to Savannah in support of Hurricanes Irma and Maria. That area is a joint operations base that supports FEMA's response to Florida, Puerto Rico and the VI. As a National Guard unit, no congressional approval is needed, just the Secretary of the Air Force. 

13 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Fake News. Joe, this all started back in 2017 when the 165th was mobilized to Savannah in support of Hurricanes Irma and Maria. That area is a joint operations base that supports FEMA's response to Florida, Puerto Rico and the VI. As a National Guard unit, no congressional approval is needed, just the Secretary of the Air Force. 

Not completely fake. The information came from: 

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/527477-house-democrat-accuses-air-force-of-attempting-to-influence-georgia-runoff

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2020/11/dems-see-gop-electioneering-air-force-choosing-georgia-c-130-base/170334/

I won't pretend to know the way it all actually works but it seems to me that until the aircraft are bedded they aren't yet a part of a Guard Unit and only approval by the Secretary of the Air Force is needed. Given the timing it seems pretty smarmy.

11 hours ago, nigel99 said:

Hi Nigel,

Re:  'Happy to be wrong!'

No one on here is perfect.  Welcome to the club.

Jerry Baumchen

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

I was once in a perfect marriage. A perfect a@@hole married to a perfect b*tch.

You're a DZ.commer for sure and you just ad hominened yourself and probably a packer too, DZO's being what they are, and a Mod liked it!  The times they are a changin'.

• Like 1