1 1

Buffalo, NY Business: "Go Get A Warrant"

11 hours ago, markharju said:

Hi Mark,

Just for you, I re-read the entire piece.  Now, show me where it says:  ‘but it's not the same as snitching on your neighbor because he was in his backyard without a COVID mask on.

I'll settle for anything similar.

Jerry Baumchen

17 hours ago, markharju said:

UPDATE: GYM OWNER: "WE WILL NOT COMPLY"; TEARS UP $15k FINE https://www.radio.com/wben/news/gym-owner-rips-up-usd15k-fine-live-on-fox-news

Now watch the state of NY send their BLM (Bolshevik Lives Matter) goons to burn his business down. Or they could just shoot him and get it over with.

Wow. 

He blantantly and publicly refuses to obey a lawful order.

That has consequences.

Now he tears up the ticket he was given.

Not 'the fine'. The citation.

I hope he wrote down the court date. 
Failure to appear generally results in an arrest warrant (bench warrant) being issued.
Typically, the bail for that warrant is the amount of the fine on the citation. 
Also, any business licence he may have will be suspended if he choses to ignore the citation. 

Gotta love how his buddy in the county government has started a GoFundMe to pay the fine.

15 hours ago, markharju said:

Like when "consent of the governed" became codified.

Lol you think that the government dident have rule back in the days of the B.C.? The main difference between now and then is back in the B.C. days the king could say and do whatever the fuck he wanted and if you decided to play the 'I dont have to listen to you' card, then a knight would cut your head off in the middle of the town square.

Edited by Westerly

So  I've got a little more to say about this topic.

Ahem....

WHY WOULD ANYONE PAY ATTENTION TO THESE EDICTS WHEN THEY SEE ELECTED OFFICIALS FAILING TO FOLLOW THEM?! Doesn't that send the wrong message?

Here's the latest example of "Rules for thee, but not for me": Denver mayor pleads with citizens to lock down,  THEN BOARDS A PLANE AND FLIES TO FAMILY GATHERING https://www.9news.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/denver-mayor-michael-hancock-travels-thanksgiving/73-e6b5f236-b0c7-4415-a22e-c84dd6f7acf1

Well, I guess as long as someone else is running off that cliff without a parachute, I will too. The fact that people with money can do it is as much a reflection on the power of money in our society, and the impunity that money (not power) gives you. I doubt that Ivanka flying somewhere gets nearly the press.

Ya know, though -- maybe now you understand all the outrage over right-wingers who preach family values on everyone else, while they're busy on the side.

Wendy P.

4 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

maybe now you understand all the outrage over right-wingers who preach family values on everyone else, while they're busy on the side.

Wendy P.

Hypocrisy should be condemned, and not defended. Always. Especially now, when it's a life-threatening situation and not just activity like personal behavior which causes someone else to feel annoyed or uncomfortable. It's more than annoying in cases like this: it's infuriating.

2 hours ago, murps2000 said:

Please stop ruining my favorite Sci-Fi movie. This ain't Miranda and you're no Malcolm Reynolds.

I used to really like Joss Whedon too, until I learned what an utter, freaking hypocrite he truly is. Fuck, his own WIFE called him out on it!

...and if you remember that soliloquy in the 3rd Act of Serenity, the character said (paraphrased): "A year from now...they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running; I aim to misbehave." Great words, written by a truly horrid person, but still profound.

Edited by Guest

You can read about it in The Wrap. Other unrelated allegations in Variety.

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, markharju said:

So  I've got a little more to say about this topic.

Ahem....

WHY WOULD ANYONE PAY ATTENTION TO THESE EDICTS WHEN THEY SEE ELECTED OFFICIALS FAILING TO FOLLOW THEM?!

If a senator drove drunk would you start driving drunk too?

11 hours ago, markharju said:

Hypocrisy should be condemned, and not defended. Always. Especially now, when it's a life-threatening situation and not just activity like personal behavior which causes someone else to feel annoyed or uncomfortable.

Yes the hypocrisy is dumb, and should be condemned.

When the risk is known as life-threatening though, it is equally dumb to champion those who will flout the protective measures out of oppositional defiance.

10 hours ago, markharju said:

I used to really like Joss Whedon too, until I learned what an utter, freaking hypocrite he truly is. Fuck, his own WIFE called him out on it!

...and if you remember that soliloquy in the 3rd Act of Serenity, the character said (paraphrased): "A year from now...they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running; I aim to misbehave." Great words, written by a truly horrid person, but still profound.

You're not fighting the alliance. I don't think anyone from the government is coming to kill you & your friends like in the movie. No one can make people better but I think everyone wants their country to be better.

My favorite quote was from Jane: If you can't do something smart, do something right.

I guess any quote can be interpreted several ways, particularly if it's from a fictional story.

11 hours ago, mistercwood said:

Yes the hypocrisy is dumb, and should be condemned.

When the risk is known as life-threatening though, it is equally dumb to champion those who will flout the protective measures out of oppositional defiance.

Agreed, with caveat: if said business is applying and enforcing the usual hygiene standards (masks, distancing and the rest). Here is a Louder with Crowder cast; it's got a round up recent "I aim to misbehave" events:

Edited by Guest

On 11/25/2020 at 9:08 AM, markharju said:

...mmm, you're thinking of the "Perpetual Outrage Culture" of the left.

Both the left and the Right get outraged. The left is outraged by citizens being murder by police with little to no accountability and the sick dying from lack of healthcare coverage and the Right is outraged by an uncomfortable piece of paper on their face or those different from me being granted the same social status and availability of resources. 

The causes on one side seem more worthy of outrage.