1 1

Buffalo, NY Business: "Go Get A Warrant"

2 minutes ago, jakee said:

LOL. Bill nailed you on this already, but I'm still curious. Since you can't rely on people to do the right thing and take virus precautions on their own, and you can't use the police, what can you do?

I am still laughing that the guy who advocates for exterminating all muslims is upset about mask wearing enforcement.

This reminds me of the 90s when people lost their shit because the government made it illegal to drive a car without wearing a seatbelt. So many bullshit claims about how it's safer to be 'thrown from the car' in case it 'explodes' were made. Of course now we all know those claims were total garbage and everyone understands why seatbelt use is mandatory, and no one complains about it.

Not wearing a mask is like the bullshit counter seatbelt argument of the 90s. In 10 years we are going to look back at masks and say 'remember all those idiots who made those bullshit arguments about how it was safer to not wear a mask'.

Except the difference here is not wearing a seatbelt only kills you. Not wearing a mask harms other people.

9 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Mark,

You have posted:

‘The gov of Oregon is urging citizens to report non-compliance with the latest Royal Proclamations.

‘but it's not the same as snitching on your neighbor because he was in his backyard without a COVID mask on.

‘Nonetheless, I stand by my remarks.

The governor of Oregon ( where I live ) never said to turn in your neighbor for being in the backyard without a mask.  Do your homework & try to be correct in the future.

Jerry Baumchen

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2020/11/oregon-gov-kate-brown-says-large-parties-could-trigger-fines-or-jail-time-during-coronavirus-freeze.html

9 hours ago, gowlerk said:

Yes, I'm sure there are all those things. And the cancellation of the show is not because of guns. It is crowd control, not gun control.

Yup, you bet your ass. When the organizers of the event worked with city and state officials to ensure compliance with COVID guidelines and then it  gets canceled anyway, on a whim by an elected official just because he can, and who then brags about it, that's definitely people control, in that it was simply something he personally disliked. Funny, I don't see the VA Atty Gen canceling protest-riots. I wonder why.

1 hour ago, Westerly said:

Except the difference here is not wearing a seatbelt only kills you. Not wearing a mask harms other people.

...and it's become a perfect and convenient lever of oppression too. Encouraging Stasi behavior in citizens isn't going to end well.

3 hours ago, markharju said:

UPDATE: GYM OWNER: "WE WILL NOT COMPLY"; TEARS UP $15k FINE https://www.radio.com/wben/news/gym-owner-rips-up-usd15k-fine-live-on-fox-news

Now watch the state of NY send their BLM (Bolshevik Lives Matter) goons to burn his business down. Or they could just shoot him and get it over with.

I've got a better idea - let's watch them not do that, because we live in the real world, not Mark's paranoid fantasy land.

8 hours ago, Westerly said:

LOL when has that ever not been the case? Like any time in human history?

Like when "consent of the governed" became codified.

1 hour ago, markharju said:

Tell that to those sucker-punching Antifa fags, John.

Mark, using a lot of inflammatory language doesn't communicate your point better. It's like saying fuck in front of the church ladies -- it affects their thoughts of you more than it informs them of your opinion.

Fag, nigger, mau-mau, jigaboo, fairy, ghetto -- some of these are terms that originally had non-pejorative meanings but were weaponized, and some of them were designed to denigrate in the first place. They're not forbidden unless applied to another dz.com user, but if you want people to talk about your ideas instead of yourself, don't use them. Quite frankly, here, even "freeflier" would be better :halo:

I know you haven't used some of those terms. They're picked kind of at random.

Wendy P.

17 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

They're not forbidden unless applied to another dz.com user, but if you want people to talk about your ideas instead of yourself, don't use them. Quite frankly, here, even "freeflier" would be better :halo:

I know you haven't used some of those terms. They're picked kind of at random.

Wendy P.

Thx Wendy. Sweet as always ^.^

6 hours ago, markharju said:

Such a tantrum,

Asked to provide an example of snitching on a neighbor for not wearing a mask in their own backyard and the best you can do is provide an example of a threat of punishment for large gatherings? Not even close, but who cares right? Many on the Right seem upset as their feelings are not being given priority. How dare they oppress your ability to harm others.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Dr.SkyFall said:

Many on the Right seem upset as their feelings are not being given priority. How dare they oppress your ability to harm others.

I think maybe being pissed off just gives them some meaning in their lives and a reason to live.

4 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I think maybe being pissed off just gives them some meaning in their lives and a reason to live.

...mmm, you're thinking of the "Perpetual Outrage Culture" of the left.

3 minutes ago, markharju said:

...mmm, you're thinking of the "Perpetual Outrage Culture" of the left.

You kidding me? Ever listen to right wing talk radio? Outrage is their main product, day in and day out. That's all they do is whip up guys like you. Have you examined yourself for example? I mean here. No one, and I mean NO ONE here expresses outrage like you do.  In the words of Ellis McDaniels, AKA Bo Diddley, "Before you accuse me, take a look at yourself".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

You kidding me? Ever listen to right wing talk radio? Outrage is their main product, day in and day out. That's all they do is whip up guys like you. Have you examined yourself for example? I mean here. No one, and I mean NO ONE here expresses outrage like you do.  In the words of Ellis McDaniels, AKA Bo Diddley, "Before you accuse me, take a look at yourself".

diddley.jpg

It's only outrage if it's unjustified. It's justifiable anger if it's justified. It's just that everyone has different standards, and they're trying to apply them universally.

I'm outraged at very little (I'm 65 and comfortable financially, what do I have to be outraged at personally?). I am upset at the amount of denial of climate change going on, signing away our children's options to maintain our own comfort. The fewer options our children have, the harder they're going to have to work for less -- that's not what I want for the next generation.

Wendy P.

6 hours ago, markharju said:

Like when "consent of the governed" became codified.

ah yes, the whole it's only illegal if I agree with it, but if I disagree then it's communism argument. I guess society should only make laws that everyone agrees with. Good luck with that one.