Illinois Demands Soviet-Style "Groupthink" in State Classrooms

1 hour ago, jakee said:

So why are you doing it?

I wish I was in a position to do so, honest. I would if I could.

However, in truth I'm nothing but a retired douchebag who spews his pointless bile in an obscure political forum. Yet beholden to none, I speak my mind at last. Just wait til you see what I'm doing on SC next June ]:)

(edited)
18 hours ago, billvon said:

When the cops run into a place with guns drawn, they see you, then they look for the criminal.

*** Probably because despite being 12% of the population, blacks commit 50%+ of the violent crime. Source: "The Color of Crime" (2009), fresh stats not available because tracking crime by race was stopped by the Obammy Administration

When you apply for a loan, it's assumed that you will probably pay it back.

*** The subprime crisis. I'll say no more.

When you go to a door of a house you have never been to before and ring the doorbell, they open the door and ask you what you want.
If a cop sees you and a black person driving away from a robbery, they let you pass and pull over the black person.

*** see above

When you go to a school, you can take any history class you want and learn about your history.

*** "My" history is just called "history". BTW try Image Search in Google or DuckDuckGo for "American Inventors". You won't see a white person anywhere until you scroll down about ten pages. DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT - TRY IT YOURSELF

But you have to take a special class to learn about black history.

***BULLSHIT*** "Black History Month"

The Supreme Court has never had to decide to grant you the same rights everyone else has.

***You got me there, but IT'S NOT MY FUCKING FAULT

You live in a world of white privilege. But you're inside it, so you can't see it.  To you, that's just "normal."

I've had that fucking white guilt jammed down my throat my entire fucking life, and I'm fucking sick of it. If that's "white privilege", THEN SO BE IT.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, markharju said:

IT'S NOT MY FUCKING FAULT

The concept is NOT that it's your fault, it's just that you benefit from it.

1 hour ago, markharju said:

I've had that fucking white guilt jammed down my throat my entire fucking life, and I'm fucking sick of it.

awww sowwy that your feelings were hurt. Would you like a safe space?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, markharju said:

I wish I was in a position to do so, honest. I would if I could.

However, in truth I'm nothing but a retired douchebag who spews his pointless bile in an obscure political forum. Yet beholden to none, I speak my mind at last. 

But why? Why do you want us to think you’re an evil person who daydreams of doing evil things? What do you get out of it?

4 hours ago, markharju said:

My" history is just called "history". BTW try Image Search in Google or DuckDuckGo for "AmericanInventors". You won't see a white person anywhere until you scroll down about ten pages. DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT - TRY IT YOURSELF

Lol, the three certainties of life - death, taxes and Mark telling a bare face lie.

I tried it, you’re a liar.

4 hours ago, markharju said:

I've had that fucking white guilt jammed down my throat my entire fucking life, and I'm fucking sick of it. If that's "white privilege", THEN SO BE IT.

Oh your poor poor feelings. I’m so sorry you’ve had to spend your life hearing that being white you have some advantages that other people don’t. That must have been terrible for such a delicate little flower as you. 
Imagine if you were black and had gone through life actually having the disadvantages you just had to hear about. How fucking pissed off would you be then?

6 hours ago, markharju said:

That's odd.

I've never had any guilt 'jammed down my throat'. 

I've simply been asked to understand and recognize that my skin color gives me advantages over people with different color skin (generally darker skin). 

And to do what I can to not perpetuate that. 
Which, admittedly, isn't a whole lot.

But mostly to not ignore it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, markharju said:

"My" history is just called "history".

Exactly.  Black history is called black history, because most of it isn't covered in "your" history.  White history is just "history."

Another sign that you enjoy privilege - your history is taught as a core course; to learn their history you have to take an elective course or participate in a special event.

***BULLSHIT*** "Black History Month"

The fact that anyone thinks we need a special month to get people to be aware at all of black history (and the fact that it's not covered very much in "your" history courses) is an excellent example of one of the privileges that whites have - the privilege of setting what is normal and mainstream.

You got me there, but IT'S NOT MY FUCKING FAULT

You're right.  What the Supreme Court has decided is not your fault.  Denying that, and pretending that the courts have never had to decide to give other people some of the same privileges you have - that is your fault.

If you want to feel guilty about being white, you can do so.  I am not sure why you would want to, but you have your own demons to deal with.

If you understand the privileges you get by being white, that's great.  You'll understand the world a lot more clearly.  If you prefer to remain blind, and pretend that that black woman down the street has exactly the same privileges, opportunities and societal benefits as you do, that's your choice as well.  Not sure why you'd want to live like that, but to each their own.

• Like 2