2 2
SivaGanesha

for which crimes, if any, should Trump be prosecuted?

should Trump be prosecuted and, if so, for which crimes?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. for which crimes, if any, should Trump be prosecuted after he leaves office?

• crimes connected with his official duties as President
    • business crimes related to his private activities in the Trump Organization
    • personal crimes -- i.e. the sexual assault of women
    • in the interests of healing the country, Trump should not be prosecuted
    • Trump should not be prosecuted because I believe he is innocent of wrongdoing

On 11/22/2020 at 2:23 PM, RobertMBlevins said:

Ten bucks says the wife institutes divorce proceedings on him within 18 months or less after he leaves office. 

I was emailing my friends on the "over/under" on how long after he leaves office that Melania will file for divorce.  I was thinking more around six months.  

8 minutes ago, TriGirl said:

I was emailing my friends on the "over/under" on how long after he leaves office that Melania will file for divorce.  I was thinking more around six months.  

I’ve said on here before now that I’m sure she’s got the documents already written and the book deal signed.

3-4 months.

Edited by yoink

3 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

All Trump REALLY had to do to get re-elected was a few sensible things. Use the procurement function to send out mass PPE to individuals and hospitals. Not tell lies about the virus, or tell people to inject themselves with chemicals. Ask the nation to wear masks and take it seriously. That's really about IT. Not that difficult, and the right thing to do. 

But he is SO dumb...("how dumb IS he!") that he saw Covid as an attention-thief, rather than a crisis that he could have 'used' (well, he IS Trump) to guarantee himself a second term. He didn't take advantage and one reason is because it is hard for him to have empathy for other peoples' suffering. He couldn't even PRETEND to have empathy. 

If he had done these things, even if his actions were based on political gain and not a concern for the country, he would have won the election. He already had 'his people' in his pocket. They listen to anything he says, and believe most of it. So he already had those voters in his corner. Doing the other things, it is likely some Dem voters would have sided with him in a hope that Trump would handle the pandemic. I'll bet some of his campaign advisors were wringing their hands and hitting their heads against the wall...realizing Trump was throwing his reelection chances right out the window. 

DUMB. But lucky for the American people.

Hi Robert,

I am going to disagree.  I have long said that this election would be a referendum on Trump.  The R's held the Senate & made gains in the House.  That says that a lot of Americans voted for the R's.  They then did not vote for Trump.

Could he have won if he had done something different?  Who knows; he lost & it is now history.

Jerry Baumchen