1 1
Westerly

COVID is all fake news...

I agree that COVID-19 is serious, potentially lethal and is not to be trifled with or minimized under any circumstances. So besides posting cartoons ridiculing those who want to get on with their lives, what do you propose should be done?

4 minutes ago, markharju said:

I agree that COVID-19 is serious, potentially lethal and is not to be trifled with or minimized under any circumstances. So besides posting cartoons ridiculing those who want to get on with their lives, what do you propose should be done?

Chief executive officer of the Chicago Community Trust and co-chair of a US National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine committee recommends this.

Thanks for sharing this - we'll see. I hope we come back to this in a year or so, to find out where it's headed. In the meantime, I can promise you it'll all be off the front pages come late January.

17 minutes ago, markharju said:

Universal masking

Universal testing

Social distancing

100% contact tracing

Increased hygiene

it'll all be off the front pages come late January.

Reminds me of all the Trump supporters who said we wouldn't hear about COVID-19 after November 3rd,

41 minutes ago, billvon said:

Universal masking

Universal testing

Social distancing

100% contact tracing

Increased hygiene

Reminds me of all the Trump supporters who said we wouldn't hear about COVID-19 after November 3rd,

...and so all the people who have died because of critical treatment postponement due to hospitals keeping beds open for the massive numbers of COVID patients who never arrived will also be forgotten. Hell, they already are.

Edited by Guest

29 minutes ago, markharju said:

...and so all the people who have died because of critical treatment postponement due to hospitals keeping beds open for the massive numbers of COVID patients who never arrived will also be forgotten. Hell, they already are.

Because there were approximately zero of them.

I had my appendix out in March.  No problems.
I've been to see my GP twice since March.  No problems.

You are looking for reasons to hate.

31 minutes ago, markharju said:

1 minute ago, billvon said:

Not exactly.

There have been 'more than a few' people who died of conditions that could have been treated, but they chose (or were forced) to stay away from the hospitals. 

One of the scarier things that I've come across is a look at overall morbidity. 

The excess deaths in 2020 far exceed the official Covid totals. 
Some are uncounted Covid deaths. Others are drug overdoses or suicides. Others are untreated conditions due to an overtaxed health care system.

All of them can be laid at the feet of the fool who said 'it would just go away'.

This link is CNN, but those who chose to call them 'Fake News' can find the same basic story (and the study that the story references) with a search:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/12/health/us-deaths-covid-19-pandemic-jama-study/index.html

43 minutes ago, billvon said:

Hi Bill,

Re:  'You are looking for reasons to hate.'

Bingo.

Jerry Baumchen

5 hours ago, billvon said:

They said it was just a few people coming in from China and it will be gone. Then they said it will be gone by Easter. Then it was it will be gone by summer once the heat kills it. Then it was it will be gone by the election. Now it's it will be gone by Jan. Interesting strategy. Never admit you're wrong, just keep moving the goal post further out until eventually you're right.

8 hours ago, markharju said:

In the meantime, I can promise you it'll all be off the front pages come late January.

The fight over vaccinations, who gets it first and who is refusing it, will be all over the front pages by January. And well into the summer.

9 hours ago, markharju said:

Thanks for sharing this - we'll see. I hope we come back to this in a year or so, to find out where it's headed. In the meantime, I can promise you it'll all be off the front pages come late January.

Ummm - the prediction was November 4, THIS YEAR.

Please try to keep up.

13 hours ago, billvon said:

Well, not approximately zero.

At least over here the intensive cares were being overwhelmed early this year with severe COVID-cases, causing delays and postponements in for instance 'regular' surgeries.

Those COVID-cases did arrive, however.

On 11/17/2020 at 8:32 PM, billvon said:

...and you are looking for reasons to minimize and dismiss hypocritical tyranny. https://medium.com/@pwspictures/and-in-the-pandemic-in-manhattan-the-tears-came-40921273710c?

The governor of your state attended a party the other day. "Rules for thee, not for me".

Edited by Guest

On 11/17/2020 at 10:26 AM, markharju said:

I can promise you it'll all be off the front pages come late January.

You can? Please direct our attentions to your past predictions and promises that would require us to take you seriously. Hyperbolic predictions left unrealized seems to be a common trait amongst the right wing lately so please forgive my doubts.

12 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

You can? Please direct our attentions to your past predictions and promises that would require us to take you seriously. Hyperbolic predictions left unrealized seems to be a common trait amongst the right wing lately so please forgive my doubts.

It really reminds me of those people who claim the rapture will be on Jan 17, 2020

Jan 18, 2020 - Nothing happened, oh we see where our mistake was. We didn't take into account that the earth's rotation is slowing. The new rapture date is March 15, 2020.

March 16, 2020 - Nothing happened, it is obvious now how we could have been wrong about the date. You see the first day of spring has changed between now and back in the first century. Using the new calculation, the rapture WILL be April 4, 2020.

April 5, 2020 - Nothing happened, we now see where the misunderstanding occurred. Every 4 years there is a blue moon occurring on the 3rd Monday of the month in August. Because of this, those events have moved the first event proclaimed in the Bible forward by 2 months from our initial calculation. We have now corrected for our error. The rapture is certain to happen July 9, 2020. Trust me, no one is better at predicting the rapture than we are.

July 10, 2020 - Nothing happened. It's the atheist's fault. If they would just believe in the rapture it would happen. We must all go out and purge the world of atheists, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, etc. so that we may spend time in the company of our Lord Jesus Christ. Jihad! 

Edited by CygnusX-1