1 1
ryoder

Another Trump court loss

(edited)
1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

The entirety of your post is horseshit. Stating "He's history" is just ridiculous. He is still here. He still wields power over his throng. He still can and is affecting the political process in America. 

The only one that cares about him is you. I dont give a damn about Trump or what he does or what becomes of him. The people that get a massive bonor for him dont get hard because they love Trump so much. It's more about the ideals. That they are racist, bigoted, bias and otherwise enjoy class separation. If some other dude that was like Trump, but not Trump, came around, I am sure they would love him too. This is nothing new. Racism and hate has existed for as long as humans have been around. There will always be plenty of ass holes who will happily shaft 100 people if it means they can live a slightly better life. Nothing new, never has been, never will be.

Edited by Westerly

8 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

A while back there were musical devices that used a spinning piece of plastic. Occasionally they would malfunction and repeat the same verse over and over. There was no fixing the issue.

I usually found I could fix the issue by taping a nickle onto the tonearm over the stylus. I don't think that would work here though.

3 minutes ago, Westerly said:

The only one that cares about him is you. I dont give a damn about Trump or what he does or what becomes of him. 

Do you give a damn for the people who died on Jan 6th?  The damage to the Capitol that you will pay for?  Should we release all the Trump supporters that rioted and killed because no one cares about him or what he does?

2 hours ago, Westerly said:

The only one that cares about him is you. I dont give a damn about Trump or what he does or what becomes of him. The people that get a massive bonor for him dont get hard because they love Trump so much. It's more about the ideals. That they are racist, bigoted, bias and otherwise enjoy class separation. If some other dude that was like Trump, but not Trump, came around, I am sure they would love him too. This is nothing new. Racism and hate has existed for as long as humans have been around. There will always be plenty of ass holes who will happily shaft 100 people if it means they can live a slightly better life. Nothing new, never has been, never will be.

You are oblivious to the world around you which, sadly, is too common these days. I need no more of you.

13 hours ago, billvon said:

Do you give a damn for the people who died on Jan 6th?  The damage to the Capitol that you will pay for?

Bill et.al. I gotta tell you; I'm struggling with this one. We all believe in peaceful protest/demonstrations, but once it turns violent towards people and property, why is one extreme side less culpable than the other? Both believe their cause is for the "greater good."  "There should be equal justice under the law." 

2 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

Bill et.al. I gotta tell you; I'm struggling with this one. We all believe in peaceful protest/demonstrations, but once it turns violent towards people and property, why is one extreme side less culpable than the other? Both believe their cause is for the "greater good."  "There should be equal justice under the law." 

I understand the struggle, but somehow there is a line in my mind between people who use the riots as an excuse for violence that would be likely to happen anyway (rioters coming from all parts), vs. people who all come from a speech and then proceed to get caught up in the moment and get violent.

Most (though not all) of the property damage in the BLM riots wasn't by BLM-type protesters -- it was by actual criminals who lived in the area (or who didn't), getting into the melee and going after stuff they wanted. The attack on the Capitol wasn't using the excuse of something happening anyway for personal gain.

Violent rioters and looters are criminals. People who breach a building violently in order to overthrow a legal process are criminals.

People who get caught up in the rush of righting what they think is a great wrong are still criminals. The objection isn't to their feelings of being wronged -- it's to the actions. At least in my mind. Maybe both the government and the police need reform.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

The objection isn't to their feelings of being wronged -- it's to the actions. At least in my mind. Maybe both the government and the police need reform.

We agree that criminal actions are criminal. I guess I'll go back to my statement to Jerry. I don't believe in the extremes of either side. Maybe we as a nation; the people need reform. The police most definitely.   

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

I agree.  I have no sympathy for the people who looted and assaulted during the BLM riots, and I have no sympathy for the people who attacked the Capitol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billvon said:

I agree.  I have no sympathy for the people who looted and assaulted during the BLM riots, and I have no sympathy for the people who attacked the Capitol.

Hi Bill,

I have 'no sympathy' for anyone who loots, assaults and/or does any damage during any type of protest.

I am all for being able to demonstrate for that which you do/do not believe in.  Just keep it civil.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

(edited)

I have more sympathy for people having violent outbursts because they feel they are being systemically targeted by government forces than those who have violent outbursts because they believe they government is being controlled by people drinking the blood of children.

Edited by SkyDekker
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BIGUN said:

The problem with this sort of 'bothsiderism' is that the facts don't support it.

One group was protesting unarmed black men being murdered by the police.
The other was protesting the blatant lie that the 'election was stolen'.

One group had large scale protests across the country. Most were peaceful.
The other group had one event that turned deadly.

One group showed a fair amount of restraint. There were multiple instances of cops getting 'caught out' and being surrounded by the mob. When their lives were in danger, members of the protest surrounded the cop and protected him
The other group used flags, fire extinguishers and various other improvised weapons to assault the cops. One cop was murdered.

One group was repeatedly assaulted by the authorities. Chemical weapons (mace, pepper spray, ect) fire hoses, cops with clubs all went after the protesters. Many were arrested. Some were arrested without committing any crime.
The other group was allowed to commit multiple crimes, including murder, then was allowed to leave. The arrests are happening, but didn't happen at the time. 

Lat, but not least, the violence associated with one group was largely committed by 'outside agitators'. The "Umbrella Man" in Minneapolis. The guy who torched the courthouse in Nashville. The guy who murdered the two cops in California. All were shown to be "Alt-right" types. Even here in Wisconsin, most of the idiots arrested for looting were white. There was even an incident where a mob of folks looted a Target store while the protests were going on. But the store was in the next town over, where there were NO protests.
The other group proudly displayed their allegiance during the violence. Hats, flags, shirts, even the fool who proudly claimed that it was Trump supporters, not Antifa that stormed the Capitol. 

And another:

Washington (CNN)Five months after the presidential election, the Supreme Court said on Monday that it won't take up a case from several Republicans challenging changes to election rules in the battleground state of Pennsylvania.

The unsigned ruling sends yet another message that the court's majority has no interest in relitigating the last election.
Before Monday, the justices had already declined several requests to dive into one of the most litigious elections in history, denying petitions from then-President Donald Trump and other Republicans seeking to overturn election result in multiple states President Joe Biden won.
There were no noted dissents.