1 1
ryoder

Another Trump court loss

Well, I do not have any inclination to sift through all the political tripe in here, so I post this in the first "post-election lawsuit" thread I could find.

But I found this an interesting read:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-fundraising-insigh-idUSKBN27R309

The article is mainly targeted against the lawsuit-fundraiser of the replublicans, but mentions in one sentence that the Democrats are no saints either.

"Rudolph W. Giuliani, who has helped oversee a string of failed court challenges to President Trump’s defeat in the election, asked the president’s campaign to pay him $20,000 a day for his legal work, multiple people briefed on the matter said.

The request stirred opposition from some of Mr. Trump’s aides and advisers, who appear to have ruled out paying that much, and it is unclear how much Mr. Giuliani will ultimately be compensated."

Don't be discouraged about this trump donators remember trump is matching donations 1,000 percent.

I did manage to find this exclusive photo of trump, McConnell and Giuliani having lunch together.

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, ryoder said:

What's that now, 31 cases thrown out of court? Now he's claiming it's up to Biden to prove he received 80 Million votes. What a national embarrassment. Thanks Trump voters.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/29/pennsylvania-supreme-court-throws-out-republican-bid-to-reject-25m-mail-in-votes

Pennsylvania’s highest court has thrown out a lower court’s order that was preventing the state from certifying dozens of contests from the 3 November election.

In the latest Republican lawsuit attempting to thwart president-elect Joe Biden’s victory in the battleground state, the state supreme court unanimously threw out the three-day-old order, saying the underlying lawsuit was filed months after the law allowed for challenges to Pennsylvania’s year-old mail-in voting law.

Justices also remarked on the lawsuit’s staggering demand that an entire election be overturned retroactively. “They have failed to allege that even a single mail-in ballot was fraudulently cast or counted,” justice David Wecht wrote in a concurring opinion.

. . . .

The defeat followed Friday’s decision by a federal appeals court to to dismiss a separate challenge to the Pennsylvania result and back a district judge who likened likened the president’s evidence-free and error-strewn lawsuit to “Frankenstein’s monster”.

. . . .

The ruling, which was the Trump team’s 38th court defeat in election lawsuits nationwide, reaffirmed US district judge Matthew Brann’s earlier view of Giuliani’s complaint, delivered after he listened to five hours of oral arguments last week. The lawsuit, Brann said, was: “like Frankenstein’s Monster … haphazardly stitched together.”

41 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Gotta give credit to the judge for knowing the distinction between 'Frankenstein' (the mad scientist) and 'Frankenstein's Monster' (the creature). 

Not everyone knows the difference.

The taller one is the monster:

young-frankenstein-by-grouchoreviewsdotcom.jpg

52 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Federal judge strikes down Trump administration rules restricting visas for skilled workers

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/528297-federal-judge-strikes-down-trump-administration-rules-restricting

Any day now he's going to realize "geez, do I have to actually, you know, get agreement on stuff and get laws passed?"

1 hour ago, billvon said:

Any day now he's going to realize "geez, do I have to actually, you know, get agreement on stuff and get laws passed?"

No he doesn't. His base just sees this as the Deep State restricting his natural leadership and power. Stuff like this just helps him keep his idiot followers salivating.

25 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

No he doesn't. His base just sees this as the Deep State restricting his natural leadership and power. Stuff like this just helps him keep his idiot followers salivating.

He has never given any indication that he knows anything about how democracy works, nor does he care; He just assumes he is the king, (encouraged by Stephen Miller).

4 hours ago, ryoder said:

He has never given any indication that he knows anything about how democracy works, nor does he care; He just assumes he is the king, (encouraged by Stephen Miller).

Given his admiration of Putin & Kim Jong Un, I don't think "king" is what he wants to be.

(edited)
11 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Given his admiration of Putin & Kim Jong Un, I don't think "king" is what he wants to be.

Kim Jong Un inherited his position from his father, who in turn inherited from his father.  I would argue there is no difference, other than the title.

Now Putin is simply the boss in a mafia state.

Edited by ryoder

Nevada tosses Trump election lawsuit.

Select quotes:

The lawsuit was denied with prejudice, meaning that it cannot be brought back before the court.

District Court Judge James Russell said that the re-election campaign “failed to meet their burden to provide credible and relevant evidence.”

The court also said that the “expert testimony provided by the contestants was of little to no value.”

Story:

https://www.ktnv.com/news/political/elections-local/nevada-judge-denies-lawsuit-to-overturn-presidential-election-results