1 1
airdvr

Whomever comes out on top tomorrow...

There are a few reports coming out that Trump plans to declare victory before the official count is in. 

No clue what he plans to accomplish, or how he plans to hold onto power if he loses the election, but then again, I have no clue what he's thinking when he spouts most of his crap. 

49 minutes ago, airdvr said:

...I hope it's not close.

Why do you think trump will modify the behaviors he's used for 74 years to bully and get his way? That with a landslide for Biden he won't tweet and yell fraud? Call his supporters to close down the streets and protest?

A more appropriate title to the thread would be Tomorrow it has to be Biden. Never in the history of the Economist(link above) has it specifically called for a US candidate that it favors for president. It was first published in September 1843.

I understand you have good intentions in that statement. But the GOP are the ones before a dozen courts in the US last week. Seeking to destroy the democratic rights of voters who have every right to that core American right.

trump will most certainly not be as gracious as Obama was in welcoming trump to the office. He will most certainly use every power he has left to obstruct any change in his office. In the peace of the US. When Biden assumes office trump will not vanish. He will continue to do what he does best. To lie, sow divisions in America and attempt to scam an advantage from the status quo.

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

Why do you think trump will modify the behaviors he's used for 74 years to bully and get his way? That with a landslide for Biden he won't tweet and yell fraud? Call his supporters to close down the streets and protest?

A more appropriate title to the thread would be Tomorrow it has to be Biden. Never in the history of the Economist(link above) has it specifically called for a US candidate that it favors for president. It was first published in September 1843.

I understand you have good intentions in that statement. But the GOP are the ones before a dozen courts in the US last week. Seeking to destroy the democratic rights of voters who have every right to that core American right.

trump will most certainly not be as gracious as Obama was in welcoming trump to the office. He will most certainly use every power he has left to obstruct any change in his office. In the peace of the US. When Biden assumes office trump will not vanish. He will continue to do what he does best. To lie, sow divisions in America and attempt to scam an advantage from the status quo.

Which is why he must be hammered flat by the courts post election.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, airdvr said:

My point is I don't recall any protest or destruction of property following Obama's victory.  Can't say the same for 2016.

Hi airdvr,

That is because the people of this country wanted Obama to win.  That cannot be said of 2016.

You do understand that do you not?

Jerry Baumchen

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi airdvr,

That is because the people of this country wanted Obama to win.  That cannot be said of 2016.

You do understand that do you not?

Jerry Baumchen

I understand that the EC works as it was designed.  It's only when the left loses that it's a problem.

11 minutes ago, airdvr said:

It's only when the left loses that it's a problem.

It is only the left that ever loses because of the EC. If it was the other way around you can bet the whiney right would have a huge problem.

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

My point is I don't recall any protest or destruction of property following Obama's victory.  Can't say the same for 2016.

I recall the right blaming Obama for dividing the country every time things ever became polarised while he was in office. Who do you blame for it happening under Trump?

12 minutes ago, jakee said:

It is only the left that ever loses because of the EC. If it was the other way around you can bet the whiney right would have a huge problem.

er... the GOP would have to step up gerrymandering, lawsuits, courts stacking, etc.

"In Pennsylvania, Democratic candidates took 51 percent of the vote across the state’s 18 districts, but only five of the seats. In Wang’s model, the odds against Democrats emerging at an eight-seat disadvantage are 1,000-to-1. And Pennsylvania was not alone. According to the Election Consortium analysis, gerrymandering helped Republicans secure 13 seats in just six states – including Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Virginia and North Carolina – that, under normal rules of engagement, Democrats would have won."

trump Supporters airdvr and turtlespeed go to heaven

St. Peter greets them at the Pearly gates and asks if there is anything in the universe they'd like to know before meeting God. The fist guy asks, "What was really in Hillary's emails?"
"Nothing incriminating really", replies St. Peter.
turtlespeed turns and whispers, "Wow, this goes higher than we thought."
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I understand that the EC works as it was designed.  It's only when the left loses that it's a problem.

Hi airdvr,

Re:  'It's only when the left loses that it's a problem.'

I strongly disagree,  Prove your premise.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  Re:  'I understand that the EC works as it was designed.'

I understand that also.  However, therein lies the problem.

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

Hmm.

I don't recall any Biden supporters ramming and killing protesters with their car.

I don't recall Biden urging his supporters to join an "army" to fight against a "rigged election."

I don't recall any Biden supporters shooting at cops with an AK-47.

I don't recall Biden saying he will refuse to accept the results of an election.

I don't recall any Biden supporters planning to kidnap GOP governors.

I don't recall Biden ever telling violent white supremacists to "stand by" for the election.

I don't recall left wing extremists being labeled the #1 domestic terrorist threat to the US.

I don't recall Biden supporting people who murder protesters.

2 hours ago, airdvr said:

I understand that the EC works as it was designed.  It's only when the left loses that it's a problem.

If the Democrats won both the house and Senate then gerrymandered the electoral college so that it worked in their favor, you'd be OK with that?