1 1
billvon

PSA - COVID-19 going into the fall/winter

1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

So a 20% increase in lumber prices because of tariffs doesn't matter to you or your clients? This may help your understanding on how tariffs work and the nature of the joke that I enclosed at your expense. Sorry about that but you make it too easy.

Here’s why US importers and consumers pay Trump’s tariffs, not China

Trump's tariffs are producing billions, but China isn't paying

spacer.png

Perhaps thinking of US lumber importers as trump's foot may help. Read the links above for further clarification on why the US National Association of Home Builders is against said tariffs.

So snarky...the countdown must be getting to you.

31 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Did he say he was delivering Canadian peat moss to the US?

What if he's using the peat moss as a back haul and taking 'good old American Peat Moss' up to Canada? 

Well that's bullshit. Let 'em use their own crappy, lichen fouled peat moss. I might be willing to trade for some Canadien whiskey, though.

4 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Well that's bullshit. Let 'em use their own crappy, lichen fouled peat moss. I might be willing to trade for some Canadien whiskey, though.

No, peat moss & bull shit are rather different.

And do you want the American Peat Moss producers to starve? Are you trying to deny them the opportunity to market their fine, fine, US made product all over the continent? 

What are you some sort of commie?

(yes, I'm getting just a bit silly here)

5 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

No, peat moss & bull shit are rather different.

And do you want the American Peat Moss producers to starve? Are you trying to deny them the opportunity to market their fine, fine, US made product all over the continent? 

What are you some sort of commie?

(yes, I'm getting just a bit silly here)

Jeez, Comrade, I'm getting a little wet in the eyes now. There are few things, maybe more than a few, that I care more about than our Great American Peat Moss Farmers. Of course, our great American peat product isn't made of sphagnum like in Canada which, as you know, is that thick snot stuff you cough up after a night out. 

This is one of those predictions I wish I was wrong about, but . . .

Today we hit a new record with 118,000 new cases.  Deaths have been above 1000/day all week.  Both North and South Dakota have infection rates over 100/100,000.  North Dakota is seeing 1% of their population get COVID-19 every WEEK.  And rates are still increasing.

And we have three weeks until Thanksgiving.

(edited)
22 hours ago, billvon said:

This is one of those predictions I wish I was wrong about, but . . .

Today we hit a new record with 118,000 new cases.  Deaths have been above 1000/day all week.  Both North and South Dakota have infection rates over 100/100,000.  North Dakota is seeing 1% of their population get COVID-19 every WEEK.  And rates are still increasing.

And we have three weeks until Thanksgiving.

It's almost as if we could have SOMEHOW predicted that hosting a major rally with hundreds of thousands of people largely from the 'COVID is fake news' group, all of which are not socially distancing at all for two weeks straight, would lead to something like Zeus' giant hammer from the sky coming down to lay waste to all the disobedient underlings. Except in this case the hammer is much smaller and there are trillions of them. But that's just a pipe dream. Too bad no one could have possibly predicted the absolute disaster that would ensure after a major event like that. As they say, freedom is paid for in blood. I guess they just werent expecting it would be their blood that's doing the paying.

Edited by Westerly

26 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Elections are important. Unfortunately in another week or so the US is likely to have another massive increase in COVID from all those people who for whatever reason felt in person voting was the way to go.

Not to mention the ones gathering outside vote counting sites to protest and spread the virus.

1 hour ago, headoverheels said:

Not to mention the ones gathering outside vote counting sites to protest and spread the virus.

Well that goes both ways. Trump rallies always lead to an increase in COVID cases shortly after, but I bet so do Biden rallies. There is no way around it. If you put people together its going to spread. The virus doesent care who you support.

(edited)
1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

Elections are important. Unfortunately in another week or so the US is likely to have another massive increase in COVID

Another massive increase? We're still in the current massive increase. It's just one continuous increase. Maybe people will get scared when we get to 300,000 cases a day. Doubt it though. They might get scared when they call 911 and ask for an ambulance  and the operator tells them medical services are currently unavailable.

Edited by Westerly

3 hours ago, Westerly said:

Well that goes both ways. Trump rallies always lead to an increase in COVID cases shortly after, but I bet so do Biden rallies. There is no way around it. If you put people together its going to spread. The virus doesent care who you support.

Biden rallies I saw were outside events, drive-in.  i.e., people in their cars, beeping their horns instead of cheering.  Transmission possible, but not likely.

Mutated coronavirus in mink in Denmark, transmitted back to humans.  Unknown whether the mutated virus is more/less contagious, more/less lethal.  Not known whether previous exposure to the unmutated virus, or to upcoming vaccines, will provide protection against the mutated version.

7 hours ago, Westerly said:

Biden did not have rallies.