2 2

Who will win the 2020 election?

Trump or Biden?   

43 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who do you think will win the election 2020? Not who you want to win, but the one you think will win.

• Trump
    • Biden
    • Election?
  2. 2. Who do you want to win the election 2020

• Trump
    • Biden
    • Election?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/2020 at 09:20 AM

(edited)

Mbohu says in part:

"I don't think this (Trump telling supporters mail in voting was fraudulent, your vote will get tossed out, etc) is "hurting" Trump. It looks much more like a very calculated plan.

First, he gets his voters to mostly vote in person, knowing Democrats will mostly vote by mail..."

Trump isn't that smart. And he's stubborn to boot. Now I haven't seen the numbers on it, but I have to believe MOST people, in both parties, voted in person either in early voting or on the day of the election. Where Trump screwed up was by bad mouthing mail in voting in the middle of a pandemic, when people WANT to vote but might be afraid to go out and do it. Then you have to depend on your side to show up to vote in person. Lots of people say they will vote, and then for one reason or another the day comes...and they don't. I live in WA state, where we do mail in voting almost exclusively and it's so easy to vote this way that turnout has been pretty good. 

This was not a plan by Trump. It was foolishness. He should have encouraged GOP voters to vote by mail if they didn't feel safe standing in lines or didn't wish to go out of their home to vote. All he did was cut out a huge block of voters for himself. 

No matter how it goes, I am proud of the way voters turned out for this election, shattering all the previous records. A couple of months ago I said that sometimes it takes Americans a while to catch on, but when they do...they usually act decisively. And the fact that Biden has already received more than FOUR MILLION votes beyond Trump's count only shows where the real 'silent majority' lives. This drops a mandate from the voters into Biden's lap. It's a record, and a complete dismissal of the Trump presidency. Any one-term president who ends up losing the popular vote by more than four million votes nationally is being massively rejected. That spread even surprised me, I'll admit. There is also the fact that Biden managed to flip a group of states back to the Dems, states that originally put Trump into office. 

Not to be corny about it, but the people have spoken. And when Biden realizes what has happened, at some point the weight of the office, and the difficult job he has ahead will descend on him. He's going to need the best people he can find to help him solve all these problems we have going, and that will be the most difficult job any president has ever faced, with the possible exception of FDR and his dealing with the Great Depression and WW2. To make the job even tougher, he must find ways to fix the unnecessary damage caused by the Trump administration. Not only at home domestically, but with our allies around the world. He has his work cut out for him. 

Edited by RobertMBlevins

7 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Were your parents telegraphers?

My American ancestors and family were nineteenth century immigrants, Civil War veterans, Western Frontiersman, WWI & II veterans, one MLB player, my dad. All were staunch nationalistic, patriotic Americans.

26 minutes ago, airdvr said:

What would the reasoning be that you would want to keep Republican observers from watching the ballot count?

Depends on the local laws. Where are you talking about? I know in Philadelphia they have watchers from both parties. 
Wendy P. 

40 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

My American ancestors and family were nineteenth century immigrants, Civil War veterans, Western Frontiersman, WWI & II veterans, one MLB player, my dad. All were staunch nationalistic, patriotic Americans.

No comedians? That's a shocker. I asked because of how you wrote the post. Here, FIFY.

WI had seven wards with more votes than registered voters. STOP

MI had a surprising find of more than 120K votes, all for Biden, none for Trump. STOP

PA found 23K votes all for Biden none for Trump. STOP

Lawsuits coming.STOP

GA, NC, PA, & AK still not declared. STOP

AZ may be a flip for Trump. STOP

NV slim lead for Biden. END

49 minutes ago, airdvr said:

What would the reasoning be that you would want to keep Republican observers from watching the ballot count?

Well, not everyone has huge amounts of space in their city offices.  And you can fit a lot more democratic observers than republican observers - especially if they are Meal Team Six types.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

Are you asking about observers who were selected, vetted, and approved before the election?

Or a bunch of Trumpettes who just decided to show up and demand to 'observe'?

If you are talking about Detroit, there were over 100 from each party in the room. 

The saddest thing I saw today was Trump's address at the White House this afternoon. He just stood up there as the US President, spouting a bunch of lies heard by probably a billion people worldwide. There IS no 'voter fraud', although there are legitimate votes being counted, mostly going Biden's way. 

I used to think that maybe Andrew Johnson, the guy who took over for Abe Lincoln after Lincoln was assassinated, was the worst US President. Or maybe John Tyler, a big supporter of slavery. Or maybe James Buchanan, who did nothing to try healing the rifts between north and south that soon resulted in the American Civil War. I dunno...historians have argued the 'worst presidents ever' list for generations. 

I would say that after today, there is no longer any doubt which US President goes straight to the top of the list. That would be the only US President who tried to take down democracy with him, after he was voted out of office. It is a sad and happy day for America at the same time. On the happy side, we are finally rid of Trump. On the sad side, Trump tries to destroy our most sacred institutions on his way out the door...just out of spite. 

God save us all from Donald J. Trump and good riddance to him. God bless the United States of America. 

• Like 1

(edited)

I was thinking that for Biden's acceptance speech to the nation, should he win, he might want to quote Gerald Ford:

"Our long national nightmare is over..."

Now we all know that isn't really true, but tossing out Trump is one hell of a good start.   

Edited by RobertMBlevins

5 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I was thinking that for Biden's acceptance speech to the nation, should he win, he might want to quote Gerald Ford:

Now we all know that isn't really true, but tossing out Trump is one hell of a good start.   

This has been discussed some in the past.

It would be a hell of a good start, but don't forget how many people still voted for that idiot.

I've said more than once that Trump is far more a symptom of a larger problem than the problem itself. 

The people that voted for him are either complete morons (given how many are Qcumbers, that's not an unreasonable assumption), gullible fools who still haven't figured out that he's a con man or truly evil people that admire his postions on women and minorities.

In a different thread, it was claimed that Trump gave a voice to the disaffected. While there's a fair amount of truth to that, the 'disaffected' he gave that voice to are the ones who cheered on the ideas that we should build a wall to keep immigrants out, that Mexicans are rapists, that Muslims are terrorists, that anyone who voices opposition should be roughed up. Those that felt that Nazis & KKK were 'very fine people.' 

Those people are not simply going to go away. 

11 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

MI had a surprising find of more than 120K votes, all for Biden, none for Trump

From 538:

"Two more batches of Pennsylvania vote were reported: -23,277 votes in Philadelphia, all for Biden -about 5,300 votes in Luzerne County, nearly 4,000 of which were for Biden.

This one batch of votes in Philadelphia has been picked up by some people, including a commentator on Fox News, as possible evidence of fraud. It’s not. According to Edison Research, which aggregates vote data for ABC News and other networks (and is the source of the data in question), sometimes election officials and vote aggregators unintentionally enter vote updates one candidate at a time, rather than entering all candidates together. Other candidates’ votes are then included in a subsequent batch.

That appears to be what happened here, and in the next update from Philadelphia, Trump got about double the share of votes that he was getting in the other updates from there during that stretch of time."

So, all of your points have now been explained/refuted.

19 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

The people that voted for him are either complete morons (given how many are Qcumbers, that's not an unreasonable assumption), gullible fools who still haven't figured out that he's a con man or truly evil people that admire his postions on women and minorities.

There was a good column about looking at Trumpers:

I love my twin. How did we end up so far apart

Wendy P. 

6 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

PS)  And I am very sure this will be the result of all of Trump's horsepuckey lawsuits.

Are you sure? All they need is one Trumpist judge who gets lucky and gets one of these cases. And they filled the courts with them, so it's not that unlikely.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, mbohu said:

Are you sure? All they need is one Trumpist judge who gets lucky and gets one of these cases. And they filled the courts with them, so it's not that unlikely.

But a higher court can easily overrule it and all it takes is one court in a series to throw something out. It doesent matter. Trump's attempt at cheating by stopping vote counting while the odds are in his favor wont hold up in even the most conservative of courts. Even if it did, the counting is close to complete by now and by the time anyone makes a decision on the matter it will already be a done deal. Pretty sure they dont annotate which votes were counted on what day, so really once it's in the system there is no way to differentiate anymore between different votes.

Edited by Westerly