2 2

Who will win the 2020 election?

Trump or Biden?   

43 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who do you think will win the election 2020? Not who you want to win, but the one you think will win.

• Trump
    • Biden
    • Election?
  2. 2. Who do you want to win the election 2020

• Trump
    • Biden
    • Election?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/2020 at 09:20 AM

So NC State Senator Bob Steinburg just called for Trump to invoke the Insurrection Act and suspend Constitutional rights so Trump can remain in power.  He quoted a retired general who said that "President Trump must declare a national emergency . . .Trump should also invoke the Insurrection Act.  He must suspend Habeas Corpus.”  When asked about it he said that he sees that as an option, and supports it "if that's what needs to be done."

So I am once again curious what Ron thinks about this.  Ron, at one point you took an oath to defend the US Constitution; you have reminded us of this several times.  Would you actually defend it if Trump takes him up on his suggestion?  Or would you turn a blind eye because he's on your side?

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/530420-republican-nc-state-senator-trump-should-invoke-the-insurrection-act

6 hours ago, billvon said:

So NC State Senator Bob Steinburg just called for Trump to invoke the Insurrection Act and suspend Constitutional rights so Trump can remain in power.  He quoted a retired general who said that "President Trump must declare a national emergency . . .Trump should also invoke the Insurrection Act.  He must suspend Habeas Corpus.”  When asked about it he said that he sees that as an option, and supports it "if that's what needs to be done."

So I am once again curious what Ron thinks about this.  Ron, at one point you took an oath to defend the US Constitution; you have reminded us of this several times.  Would you actually defend it if Trump takes him up on his suggestion?  Or would you turn a blind eye because he's on your side?

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/530420-republican-nc-state-senator-trump-should-invoke-the-insurrection-act

For sure, he'll pray on it.

1 hour ago, kallend said:

With just two posts the troll has you all going again.

I think you have him wrong, John. He's no troll. He's a true believer. He could be chained to a stake in the Coliseum with the lions coming out of the gates and he'd be chanting: Fake lions. Benghazi. Pizza. 

48 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

I think you have him wrong, John. He's no troll. He's a true believer. He could be chained to a stake in the Coliseum with the lions coming out of the gates and he'd be chanting: Fake lions. Benghazi. Pizza. 

and praying on his knees with his eyes closed. His head tilted to the heavens and thinking of his God, trump.

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

I used to think that until he posted links to and quotes from racists screeds. Then acted like he was too innocent to understand, and that it was accidental. The man posts here because he enjoys roiling you up. You (and I) entertain him.

Although he likely is a true believer in something as well....

Edited by gowlerk

3 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I used to think that until he posted links to and quotes from racists screeds. Then acted like he was too innocent to understand, and that it was accidental. The man posts here because he enjoys roiling you up. You (and I) entertain him.

Although he likely is a true believer in something as well....

There is alot of racism mixed in with religion. US evangelicals as an example.

Why Trump Declaring a 2024 Presidential Bid Would Be “Profoundly Stupid”

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/12/why-trump-declaring-a-2024-presidential-bid-would-be-profoundly-stupid/

But should Trump make his presidential intentions official—as opposed to merely hinting at them—that would be “profoundly stupid,” in the words of one campaign finance attorney who spoke to Mother Jones. That’s because declaring a presidential bid will trigger a slew of election laws prescribing how Trump can raise and spend money. It would also force Trump to continue filing annual financial disclosures containing information about his business deals, loans, and personal wealth that Trump may not be eager to reveal.

It goes on to explain how that $200M+ personal slush fund he has collected from the MAGA sheep would be in jeopardy.

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

They aren't mutually exclusive.

57 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Why Trump Declaring a 2024 Presidential Bid Would Be “Profoundly Stupid”

He'll announce on Twitter that he's running, and his lawyers will just argue that he was only joking, and you can't believe anything he says on Twitter. Then he'll go back on Twitter and say no, he's absolutely definitely running and that's an official announcement from the office of the former POTUS and his lawyers will say 'see, that Donald he's such a kidder!'

1 hour ago, kallend said:

They aren't mutually exclusive.

Obviously not. But in the context of here I think he's just saying what he believes. I also think the links he posts simply resonate with his belief system which, sadly, seems to be any absurd con that comes into his field of view.

1 hour ago, murps2000 said:

I'm sure some of them will pull a stunt. It will only make them look even more foolish.

2 hours ago, ryoder said:

Jared Kushner Reportedly Helped Create Trump Campaign Shell Company to Secretly Pay President's Family

https://www.complex.com/life/2020/12/jared-kushner-donald-trump-shell-company-report

The story came from Business Insider, but I couldn't get past their paywall.

It will take a long, long time for Americans to figure out how badly they have been conned.

3 hours ago, ryoder said:

Jared Kushner Reportedly Helped Create Trump Campaign Shell Company to Secretly Pay President's Family

https://www.complex.com/life/2020/12/jared-kushner-donald-trump-shell-company-report

The story came from Business Insider, but I couldn't get past their paywall.

I was able to get past it by searching Google and going from there. Oh, and stop it from loading before the pop-up.

Edited by gowlerk

On 12/17/2020 at 10:42 PM, murps2000 said:

That is one strategy. There are others to be considered. Like everyone else, I am just waiting.