2 2
434

Who will win the 2020 election?

Trump or Biden?   

43 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who do you think will win the election 2020? Not who you want to win, but the one you think will win.

    • Trump
      17
    • Biden
      25
    • Election?
      1
  2. 2. Who do you want to win the election 2020

    • Trump
      11
    • Biden
      31
    • Election?
      1

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/2020 at 09:20 AM

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

He is merely positioning himself for the 2024 election.

Which of course would mean that he already admits he lost this election but thats another issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, airdvr said:

I guess I'm surprised that none of you seem very concerned about news media outlet's censorship.  I don't trust any media source to decide what is true and what is a lie.

To a degree, you're right.

But Trump is making baseless claims about fraud.

The FBI has repeatedly said there's not fraud (FBI Director is a Trump appointee). 

EVERY lawsuit claiming election fraud has been dismissed. EVERY ONE.

Your question about Republicans being denied access to the vote counting was proven to be false. Trump's own lawyers admitted in court that the R observers were there (which is why that suit was dismissed). 

This level of BLATANT  lying is something the media has aided & abetted for the past 4 years. They've finally grown some balls and said (more or less):

"We aren't going to be a vehicle for your lies any more". 

That's not 'censorship', that's responsible journalism.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ryoder said:

He's claiming on a YouTube video that it is untrue -- he did not recant.  I guess the $130k gofundme payoff was too good to give up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)

In a not surprising move the GA Secretary of State announced this morning a complete physical by hand re-count of the presidential election will occur and be completed in time for Nov. 20 certification. Biden currently leads by 14,000 of 4.9 million votes. This is why paper ballots can not ever be replaced by 0s an 1s in files.

Edited by gowlerk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Censorship isn't defined by political party.  It's kind of the same as tearing down statues that you find offensive.  We need those things to remind us of how wrong it was.  If someone is spouting lies let the world see it.  Then you can refute the lies.  If we truly wanted to get rid of untruths we'd have to remove all promises in campaign speeches, commercials with the fine print so small you can't read it, and anything to do with televangelism.  That's just a few examples.  I think it's a slippery slope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Censorship isn't defined by political party.  It's kind of the same as tearing down statues that you find offensive.  We need those things to remind us of how wrong it was.  If someone is spouting lies let the world see it.  Then you can refute the lies.

Responsible journalists have a responsibility to not report lies.  It goes with the territory.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Censorship isn't defined by political party.  It's kind of the same as tearing down statues that you find offensive.  We need those things to remind us of how wrong it was.  If someone is spouting lies let the world see it.  Then you can refute the lies.  If we truly wanted to get rid of untruths we'd have to remove all promises in campaign speeches, commercials with the fine print so small you can't read it, and anything to do with televangelism.  That's just a few examples.  I think it's a slippery slope.

Hi airdvr,

Re:  ' It's kind of the same as tearing down statues that you find offensive.  We need those things to remind us of how wrong it was.'

Would you find it OK if your neighbor hung a Nazi swastika flag on his flagpole in his front yard?

Jerry Baumchen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2020 at 4:15 PM, olofscience said:

Calm down, tiger. Brent hasn't been making any claims of fraud, he hasn't been the one filing baseless lawsuits.

No, but he's been saying they should continue to file those baseless lawsuits, and then pretending he didn't.

Quote

No, people believe that baseless shit because they want to, not because the Trump camp filed lawsuits.

It would be the height of naivety to think the one doesn't affect the other. Trump has spent years setting up a cult of personality - what he and his team says matters to his supporters. It makes a difference.

Quote

My point is those lawsuits have been filed anyway, we can't do anything about that. What we CAN'T do is disrespect due process just because we don't like the other side.

Again, that's like saying we CAN'T stop the sun from coming up in the morning. Well, duh, we can't stop it from coming up even if we wanted to - it's gonna happen. Even hinting that it could be otherwise is just playing into the Trumpist conspiracy theories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, airdvr said:

It's kind of the same as tearing down statues that you find offensive.  We need those things to remind us of how wrong it was.  

Next time I'm in a room with an elementary school kid I'm going to get them to explain to you how ridiculous that statement is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, airdvr said:

If someone is spouting lies let the world see it.  Then you can refute the lies.

Trump spouted lies, thousands of lies. Then people refuted the lies, including the media, who did not expect to have to do it in the beginning, but the lies were too many.

Then you closed your eyes and still chose his side, and now you're shouting "censorship"?

50 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I think it's a slippery slope.

And yet you dove into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi airdvr,

Re:  ' It's kind of the same as tearing down statues that you find offensive.  We need those things to remind us of how wrong it was.'

Would you find it OK if your neighbor hung a Nazi swastika flag on his flagpole in his front yard?

Jerry Baumchen

I think the Deed restrictions prohibit that.  Would it bother me?  Sure it would but I would instantly know what an asshat my neighbor is and it's still a first amendment issue.

You guys want to start sanitizing history you'd better make sure you don't get caught up in the shitstorm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, olofscience said:

Trump spouted lies, thousands of lies. Then people refuted the lies, including the media, who did not expect to have to do it in the beginning, but the lies were too many.

Then you closed your eyes and still chose his side, and now you're shouting "censorship"?

And yet you dove into it.

I'm not shouting anything.  I know who he is and I know who he isn't and i still chose to vote for him.  That's my business and no one else's.  As I said earlier censorship doesn't know party lines.  

As an aside I fully accept that Biden won.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I think the Deed restrictions prohibit that.  Would it bother me?  Sure it would but I would instantly know what an asshat my neighbor is and it's still a first amendment issue.

You guys want to start sanitizing history you'd better make sure you don't get caught up in the shitstorm.

You didn't answer from yesterday: 

Do you trust yourself? Let me ask you, do you believe there was voter fraud or wrongdoing of any kind sufficient to justify Trump's refusal to engage Biden and Biden's team in the transition process?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I'm not shouting anything.  I know who he is and I know who he isn't and i still chose to vote for him.  That's my business and no one else's.  As I said earlier censorship doesn't know party lines.  

As an aside I fully accept that Biden won.  

My follow up to yesterday's question was posted simultaneously. Thanks for the answer. New question: given your claim to know who he is and isn't, and given that you accept the fact that Biden won, how do you feel about voting for him now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the choices I wouldn't change.

It's not about whether I believe there was fraud.  The system needs to be designed in such a way as to insure the mere hint of impropriety is avoided.

It's very simple.  Back in the day if you wanted an absentee ballot you had to have a good reason.  I understand with Covid the need for mail-in ballots was huge.  Even so, a really simple change could be made to say if you want the convenience of a mail-in ballot it needs to be postmarked X number of days prior to the election.  Let's say 7 days.  This way all of the mail-in ballots are received, can be inspected, and the numbers verified and tabulated prior to the day of election.  Folks deployed overseas could also handle the date requirement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, billvon said:

Responsible journalists have a responsibility to not report lies.  It goes with the territory.

 

No it doesn't.  They can put up a crawl that refutes what is being claimed.  To decide not to broadcast it is not their job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, airdvr said:

Given the choices I wouldn't change.

It's not about whether I believe there was fraud.  The system needs to be designed in such a way as to insure the mere hint of impropriety is avoided.

It's very simple.  Back in the day if you wanted an absentee ballot you had to have a good reason.  I understand with Covid the need for mail-in ballots was huge.  Even so, a really simple change could be made to say if you want the convenience of a mail-in ballot it needs to be postmarked X number of days prior to the election.  Let's say 7 days.  This way all of the mail-in ballots are received, can be inspected, and the numbers verified and tabulated prior to the day of election.  Folks deployed overseas could also handle the date requirement.

Pennsylvania was trying to allow ballots to start being counted before election day because they knew there would be tons of mail-ins. The Trump team sued to stop them from counting the ballots early and won. So Penn couldn't start counting until election day and then Trump demanded that they be finished counting on election day.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

2 2