2 2

Who will win the 2020 election?

Trump or Biden?   

43 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who do you think will win the election 2020? Not who you want to win, but the one you think will win.

• Trump
    • Biden
    • Election?
  2. 2. Who do you want to win the election 2020

• Trump
    • Biden
    • Election?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/2020 at 09:20 AM

31 minutes ago, billvon said:

Holy cow!  Moscow Mitch just told Republicans to stop screwing around!  Once you lose Mitch . . . .

MItch is all about power. He now realizes that hitching his wagon to an unhinged moron, just resulted in Democrats in control of the Whitehouse, the House, and the Senate.

Just now, ryoder said:

MItch is all about power. He now realizes that hitching his wagon to an unhinged moron, just resulted in Democrats in control of the Whitehouse, the House, and the Senate.

First time since Hoover has a President lost this badly.

8 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Any conservatives here still believe they knew what they were voting for when they voted for Trump? Any liberals here still believe we should let bygones be bygones?

Hi Joe,

Re:  'Any liberals here still believe we should let bygones be bygones?'

Not me; time to fight fire with fire.

Jerry Baumchen

2 minutes ago, kallend said:

“This is a coup attempt.” Rep. Adam Kinzinger, (R) Illinois. 

Vice President Mike Pence on Wednesday refused President Donald Trump’s demand that he try to block confirmation by Congress of Joe Biden’s election as the next president of the United States.

Pence said in a letter that he did not believe, as Trump has claimed, that a vice president has the power to reject some Electoral College votes for a candidate.

“It is my considered judgment that my oath to support and defend the Constitution constrains me from claiming unilateral authority to determine which electoral votes should be counted and which should not,” Pence wrote in his three-page letter addressed to members of Congress.

His dramatic break from Trump came minutes before the Republican vice president began presiding over a joint session of Congress, which is meeting to declare the former Democratic vice president Biden the victor.

Pence said in his letter that he shared “the concerns of millions of Americans about the integrity of this election,” which Trump and his supporters have claimed without evidence was corrupted by widespread ballot fraud.

But Pence also wrote that “vesting the Vice President with unilateral authority to decide presidential contests would be entirely antithetical to” the system of check-and-balances between branches of the government designed by the framers of the Constitution.

SOURCE: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/06/mike-pence-rejects-trumps-call-to-overturn-biden-election.html

Just now, BIGUN said:

Vice President Mike Pence on Wednesday refused President Donald Trump’s demand that he try to block confirmation by Congress of Joe Biden’s election as the next president of the United States.

Pence said in a letter that he did not believe, as Trump has claimed, that a vice president has the power to reject some Electoral College votes for a candidate.

“It is my considered judgment that my oath to support and defend the Constitution constrains me from claiming unilateral authority to determine which electoral votes should be counted and which should not,” Pence wrote in his three-page letter addressed to members of Congress.

His dramatic break from Trump came minutes before the Republican vice president began presiding over a joint session of Congress, which is meeting to declare the former Democratic vice president Biden the victor.

Pence said in his letter that he shared “the concerns of millions of Americans about the integrity of this election,” which Trump and his supporters have claimed without evidence was corrupted by widespread ballot fraud.

But Pence also wrote that “vesting the Vice President with unilateral authority to decide presidential contests would be entirely antithetical to” the system of check-and-balances between branches of the government designed by the framers of the Constitution.

SOURCE: https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/06/mike-pence-rejects-trumps-call-to-overturn-biden-election.html

Like I said before, only in a Banana Republic would the vice president announcing he intends to follow the law, be considered news.

2 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

What a nice guy. After weeks and weeks of pushing Trump's insane election fraud theories, after weeks and weeks of stoking the hopes of the herds of idiots currently descending on the Capitol that there was a real route for Trump to still win the election in Congress by refusing to clarify his role, he finally realises just minutes before the session commenced that it would be a good idea to say that he was going to respect the results of a democratic election.

What a gosh darn stand up guy he is.

1 minute ago, jakee said:

What a nice guy. After weeks and weeks of pushing Trump's insane election fraud theories, after weeks and weeks of stoking the hopes of the herds of idiots currently descending on the Capitol that there was a real route for Trump to still win the election in Congress by refusing to clarify his role, he finally realises just minutes before the session commenced that it would be a good idea to say that he was going to respect the results of a democratic election.

What a gosh darn stand up guy he is.

No shit. After 4 years of enabling the Whitehouse Halfwit, McConnell and Pence finally choose today to start developing backbones.

5 minutes ago, ryoder said:

No shit. After 4 years of enabling the Whitehouse Halfwit, McConnell and Pence finally choose today to start developing backbones.

Because push has finally come to shove. There are no places left to hide. They are now left, along with all his enablers, to face the music for the choices they made over the last four yours. Watch for Paul Ryan to attempt a come back soon.

3 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Because push has finally come to shove. There are no places left to hide. They are now left, along with all his enablers, to face the music for the choices they made over the last four yours. Watch for Paul Ryan to attempt a come back soon.

Hi Ken,

Re: 'Watch for Paul Ryan to attempt a come back soon.'

I have long thought that Ryan left the House for two reasons:

-  He had it with Trump

-  He is planning an attempt to become the President

Jerry Baumchen

2 hours ago, olofscience said:

Just bringing this up again about the Georgia recount. Yet you supported an insurrection.

Also since Ron always claims (when a Dem is in power) to be opposed to the politics of division, I think he’ll appreciate this assessment from Anthony Scaramucchi:

“Donald Trump has become a great unifying figure in the United States. We just happen to all be unifying against him.

“In my 57 years here on planet Earth, I cannot recall a singular moment where I agreed with Chuck Schumer, Mitch McConnell and Joe Biden at the same time, but I did that today and I attribute that to the actions of Donald Trump."

(I remain constantly amazed that of all Trump’s former appointees and advisors ‘The Mooch!’ seems the most clear eyed and open about not just Trump’s failings, but his own culpability in choosing to work with him. Don’t know if that says more about him or them.)

12 minutes ago, jakee said:

(I remain constantly amazed that of all Trump’s former appointees and advisors ‘The Mooch!’ seems the most clear eyed and open about not just Trump’s failings, but his own culpability in choosing to work with him. Don’t know if that says more about him or them.)

I think he's a pretty good example of a reasonably honest self-interested practical realist - willing to do almost anything that he sees as benefitting him, but he has that central core that won't let him get pushed into areas he just can't stomach.

He's the kind of enemy I'd be happy to keep close, frankly. You know what you're getting -- you might not like it, but if you tell him he's an asshole, well, he's OK with that ;), and he'll probably treat you just like he always did (I don't think he's a dz.com member)

Wendy P.

28 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

I think he's a pretty good example of a reasonably honest self-interested practical realist - willing to do almost anything that he sees as benefitting him, but he has that central core that won't let him get pushed into areas he just can't stomach.

He's the kind of enemy I'd be happy to keep close, frankly. You know what you're getting -- you might not like it, but if you tell him he's an asshole, well, he's OK with that ;), and he'll probably treat you just like he always did (I don't think he's a dz.com member)

Wendy P.

Yup. Just because in the last 24 hours or so it has now become fashionable for Rs to abandon the Trump ship, just days before he leaves office, does not mean that Trump could not win the 2024 nomination given the way the primary election system works in the USA. They all stood against him when they thought he could not get it leading up to 2016 and they all kowtowed to him with few exceptions when he won. Trump will retain enormous popularity among the deplorables. Ted Cruz will not win them over no matter how hard he tries. 

Trump needs to be prosecuted for something in order to stop him and as deterrence to others. He does not necessarily need to be jailed, but he needs to become a felon. I'm sure there is an economic law he has broken that can be the vehicle to make this happen.

56 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P.

You know what you're getting -- you might not like it, but if you tell him he's an asshole, well, he's OK with that , and he'll probably treat you just like he always did 

Words to live by, I say.