2 2

Who will win the 2020 election?

Trump or Biden?   

43 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who do you think will win the election 2020? Not who you want to win, but the one you think will win.

• Trump
    • Biden
    • Election?
  2. 2. Who do you want to win the election 2020

• Trump
    • Biden
    • Election?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/2020 at 09:20 AM

All the lawyers present on the call will testify that it was inappropriate but not actually illegal -- I'm sure that was their purpose. They all have PhD's in parsing snippets of sentences, kind of like picking the right texts from the Bible or the Koran. Prosecutors do, too, but the state (any of them) have to be sure a prosecution is going to be worth the very considerable cost of someone who has, effectively, and endless source of attorneys willing to represent him. They might not all be great attorneys, but they sure appear to be endless.

Wendy P.

12 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

All the lawyers present on the call will testify that it was inappropriate but not actually illegal -- I'm sure that was their purpose. They all have PhD's in parsing snippets of sentences, kind of like picking the right texts from the Bible or the Koran. Prosecutors do, too, but the state (any of them) have to be sure a prosecution is going to be worth the very considerable cost of someone who has, effectively, an endless source of attorneys willing to represent him. They might not all be great attorneys, but they sure appear to be endless.

Wendy P.

Those lawyers might claim that the call wasn't legal, and they may well be experts at skirting the edge of the law, but Trump isn't any sort of expert at anything (other than conning people) and I've seen opinions that what he said clearly broke the law.

Keep in mind that prosecutors are experts too.

I agree that Trump's got a lot of attorneys willing to represent him. But the main reason they are doing so is because they are getting paid. 
Why do you think Trump is raising so much money?
Why do you think he declared his 2020 candidacy on Jan 21 2016?

He knows full well he's going to have a shitload of legal bills coming at him. 
And I think he knows how broke he really is (we can only speculate).

Once the money runs out, the lawyers will too.

3 hours ago, ryoder said:

Maybe he and his followers can find another country; Guyana, perhaps. He could start a new town there and name it after himself: Trumptown. Then his followers could migrate there and drink his Flavor Aid.

Why do you hate Guyana? Couldn't America just buy Greenland and offer one way tickets for his disciples?

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Those lawyers might claim that the call wasn't legal, and they may well be experts at skirting the edge of the law, but Trump isn't any sort of expert at anything (other than conning people) and I've seen opinions that what he said clearly broke the law.

Keep in mind that prosecutors are experts too.

I agree that Trump's got a lot of attorneys willing to represent him. But the main reason they are doing so is because they are getting paid. 
Why do you think Trump is raising so much money?
Why do you think he declared his 2020 candidacy on Jan 21 2016?

He knows full well he's going to have a shitload of legal bills coming at him. 
And I think he knows how broke he really is (we can only speculate).

Once the money runs out, the lawyers will too.

WHAT???.... trump has turned a new leaf?.... trump has started to pay his lawyers?

"Trump underpaid at least four law firms or lawyers who worked for him, according to various news outlets that looked into Trump’s history of cheating his contractors. One of them, Morrison Cohen LLP of New York City, had represented Trump in a lawsuit against a construction contractor that Trump claimed had overcharged him for work on a golf course. According to USA Today, Trump sued Morrison Cohen for using the case to help promote its work, and the firm countersued for almost $500,000 in unpaid bills. The case was settled in 2009.

It wasn’t just big amounts Trump tried to get out of paying, either. Bill Scherer, a lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, had to sue Trump in 1994 to collect $5,000 in unpaid legal bills from a case Scherer won for the billionaire. The lawyer told Reuters last year that he had offered Trump a low rate to “curry favor” with the mogul, but still had to sue. “He’s a deadbeat,” Scherer told South Florida’s Sun-Sentinel newspaper. Trump told Reuters that he couldn’t remember Scherer or the case at all."

trump goes through lawyers like he lies. He goes through lawyers like Big Macks go to his belly.

It's OK Joe. Keeping trumps mascinations straight ain't easy.

Hi folks,

This should get interesting:  'President Donald Trump has encouraged his hardcore supporters — who have framed Jan. 6 as a battle akin to the American Revolution and encouraged each other to bring firearms — to march in the “wild” protests in hopes of pressuring Congress to keep him in power.'

Threats of violence and the virus grip Capitol Hill - POLITICO

Looks like I'll have to 'stay tuned' earlier than normal on Wed.

Jerry Baumchen

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

And this to go along with my previous post:  'Republican Lauren Boebert vows to carry handgun to Congress'

Republican Lauren Boebert vows to carry handgun to Congress - BBC News

Jerry Baumchen

When Dems were talking about rolling back the laws that allowed guns to be brought into Congress a couple of years ago a whole bunch of Congressmen said they were aware of colleagues keeping guns in their offices.

I don’t believe that law was ever changed which makes Boebert’s statement the worst kind. Both unnecessarily inflammatory and cheap theatrical politics.

I’d have LOVED a reporter to go ‘so what? You’ve always been allowed to do that.’ when she made that statement. That’d shut her up.

18 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

WHAT???.... trump has turned a new leaf?.... trump has started to pay his lawyers?...

...Trump goes through lawyers like he lies. He goes through lawyers like Big Macs go to his belly.

Well, he raised something over $200 million since he lost the election.

Much of that has little or no restrictions on how it's spent.

I would think the current crop of Trump's 'mouthpieces' would be aware enough to demand payment in advance.

Have you noticed that Giuliani has mostly disappeared?
He was demanding big payments. 
I think that his 'total successes' at getting the states to overturn the results of the elections didn't help that much.

And, in further 'stupid is as stupid does' developments, the leader of the Proud Boys was arrested in DC.

He had a warrant for his arrest after he and his moron crew tore a BLM banner down & burned it.

When arrested, he had 2 ammunition magazines that were bigger than DC law allows. 
So he's facing firearms charges too.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-donald-trump-politics-race-and-ethnicity-arrests-d00d08b026669c150832d1e4c19aeab6

15 hours ago, yoink said:

I’d have LOVED a reporter to go ‘so what? You’ve always been allowed to do that.’ when she made that statement. That’d shut her up.

They are allowed to have them in their offices. Though the intent of that legislation seems to have been for decorative purposes more than anything.

She indicated she wants to carry it throughout congress and Washington DC. So much for law-abiding.

(edited)
10 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

...I would think the current crop of Trump's 'mouthpieces' would be aware enough to demand payment in advance.

Have you noticed that Giuliani has mostly disappeared?
He was demanding big payments. 
I think that his 'total successes' at getting the states to overturn the results of the elections didn't help that much....

"Leftists" have forced trump's latest lawyer to quit her law firm!

"A lawyer advising President Trump in recent weeks has resigned from her law firm after it was revealed that she participated in the call where Mr. Trump pressured Georgia officials to help him reverse the state’s election results, the firm said in a statement on Tuesday.

The lawyer, Cleta Mitchell, has been advising Mr. Trump despite a policy at her firm, Foley & Lardner, that none of its lawyers should represent clients involved in relitigating the presidential election.

“Cleta Mitchell has informed firm management of her decision to resign from Foley & Lardner effective immediately,” the firm said in its statement. “Ms. Mitchell concluded that her departure was in the firm’s best interests, as well as in her own personal best interests."

Even lawyers representing the far right can't stomach trump anymore. For trump's supporters however, any criminal act is permissible as long as the constitution remains at the bottom of the latrine.

Edited by Phil1111

Well, one could argue that ALL the participants on that call were co-conspirators in the crime of attempted vote tampering.
At minimum, there are some significant ethics violations.

Disbarment isn't an impossibility. 

There are more and more law firms that are distancing themselves from this circus. 

34 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Well, one could argue that ALL the participants on that call were co-conspirators in the crime of attempted vote tampering.
At minimum, there are some significant ethics violations.

Disbarment isn't an impossibility. 

There are more and more law firms that are distancing themselves from this circus. 

On behalf of circus performers everywhere, I would like to protest the comparison of this shitshow to a circus; Circus performers have skills.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ryoder said:

On behalf of circus performers everywhere, I would like to protest the comparison of this shitshow to a circus; Circus performers have skills.

Seconded. I was very much a circus kid in my teens and the primary reason it never turned into a career is just how much hard damned work is involved.

(edited)
19 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

And, in further 'stupid is as stupid does' developments, the leader of the Proud Boys was arrested in DC.

He had a warrant for his arrest after he and his moron crew tore a BLM banner down & burned it.

When arrested, he had 2 ammunition magazines that were bigger than DC law allows. 
So he's facing firearms charges too.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-donald-trump-politics-race-and-ethnicity-arrests-d00d08b026669c150832d1e4c19aeab6

Washington, DC doesn't have any "state" laws.  All of the courts, even local ones, are federal.  So, Trump could pardon the PB offender, if he wanted.

Edited by headoverheels
cuz i cant spel

4 hours ago, billvon said:

Wow, I think the democrats are actually going to pull off two wins in Georgia.  The Trump effect really did make a difference.

Now, Donald can feel good again.  Turns out, Georgia is a "blue" state, so no wonder Biden won.  And hey, both R Senatorial candidates lost by more than he did.

9 hours ago, ryoder said:

4 hours ago, mistercwood said:

Seconded. I was very much a circus kid in my teens and the primary reason it never turned into a career is just how much hard damned work is involved.

My apologies.

My niece did gymnastics as a younger kid. One of her favorites was the "Circus based" one.
As a side note, my sister, her husband and the above niece came to visit, and came out to the DZ to watch us jump.

Her favorite thing was how big and open the packing mat was. 
She was cartwheeling and tumbling all over it.

It will be interesting to see how many states rights Republicans, totally dependent on the Electoral College to bring them the White House despite a clear deficiency in the popular vote, end up attacking the electors of the various states today.

1 hour ago, yoink said:

The next two weeks are going to be an utter shitshow. Trump is going to do everything he can to burn the place down on the way out because he's a petulant child.

I started a thread a while ago about the torching of the WH by the greatest American loser of all time. But anyway.

The latest efforts of the arsonist:

"The New York Stock Exchange again reversed course Wednesday and announced it would delist three major Chinese telecom companies — China Mobile Ltd., China Telecom Corp Ltd., China Unicom Hong Kong Ltd.

The backdrop: The NYSE originally announced it would delist the companies on New Year's Eve in order to comply with a White House executive order. The exchange then reversed course late on Monday and said it would no longer delist the telecoms.

Why it matters: The delisting complies with a November executive order that restricts American companies and individuals from owning shares in 31 Chinese companies with links to the People’s Liberation Army, as part of an eleventh-hour effort from the Trump administration to increase pressure on China."

10 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Pence tells Congress he lacks 'unilateral authority' to reject Electoral College votes

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/532915-pence-tells-congress-he-lacks-unilateral-authority-to-reject

The VP can't overrule the nations electorate???  Who knew???

Only in a Banana Republic would the Vice President of a country announcing he will follow the law be news.