2 2

Who will win the 2020 election?

Trump or Biden?   

43 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who do you think will win the election 2020? Not who you want to win, but the one you think will win.

• Trump
    • Biden
    • Election?
  2. 2. Who do you want to win the election 2020

• Trump
    • Biden
    • Election?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/2020 at 09:20 AM

On 12/28/2020 at 3:11 PM, ryoder said:

GOP lawmaker sues Pence in bid to overturn Biden win

As you know, I live in the reddest of red and am red myself, but I have been hearing my fellow redsters insist that DJT is going to be the next President. I scratch my head, OK, help me understand how you believe he will be the next President?  Well, once everything is recounted, we'll see that he had more votes than Biden. Really. So, help me understand how four years ago when Hillary won the popular vote and our argument was, but the Electoral College!!! Why would the opposite not be true if Trump did win the popular vote, but the Electoral College has spoken?

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, BIGUN said:

As you know, I live in the reddest of red and am red myself, but I have been hearing my fellow redsters insist that DJT is going to be the next President. I scratch my head, OK, help me understand how you believe he will be the next President?  Well, once everything is recounted, we'll see that he had more votes than Biden. Really. So, help me understand how four years ago when Hillary won the popular vote and our argument was, but the Electoral College!!! Why would the opposite not be true if Trump did win the popular vote, but the Electoral College has spoken?

Consider that many of the red elected officials who are encouraging these beliefs are raking in a lot of contributions from the followers.

Follow the money.

1 hour ago, BIGUN said:

Good luck getting your redfellows to admit they are simply hypocrites whenever it suits them. Now that you are woke it's possible to see it in the abortion/death penalty argument, deficit spending by R's vs. D's, border walls vs. no cantaloupes for breakfast and on and on and on. Welcome aboard the train to stultifylandia.

3 hours ago, wmw999 said:

It's called intellectual honest vs. magical thinking. Sometimes even if you really, really, really, want something to be true, it just isn't.

Wendy P.

Hi Wendy,

Re:  'It's called intellectual honest vs. magical thinking.'

My granddaughter will be 7 in about 3 weeks.  She still believes in Santa Claus ( I ask her dad recently ).  I think only because of the remote learning ( no in-school in this area ).  I am very sure that if she were actually in school, the older kids would change her thinking.

C'est la vie,

Jerry Baumchen

On 12/23/2020 at 10:16 PM, ryoder said:

Now here is an amusing proposition. Pence could remove Trump on Sunday, and become POTUS through Jan 20:

Might just work.  And I note this line of the article:  "Once Pence has transmitted the letter to Congress that makes him acting president, Trump may contest the vice-president’s actions via a letter of his own."  Requiring Trump to write a letter might just be the thing that makes him OK with an early retirement.

53 minutes ago, billvon said:

Might just work.  And I note this line of the article:  "Once Pence has transmitted the letter to Congress that makes him acting president, Trump may contest the vice-president’s actions via a letter of his own."  Requiring Trump to write a letter might just be the thing that makes him OK with an early retirement.

I'm sure he would have no problem "writing" a letter, utilizing the same method he used to "write" a couple books.

26 minutes ago, ryoder said:

I'm sure he would have no problem "writing" a letter, utilizing the same method he used to "write" a couple books.

Its OK plagiarism runs in the family: "US First Lady Melania Trump has been caught up in another plagiarism row, following the launch of her new online safety for children campaign on Monday....

In 2016 Mrs Trump was accused of plagiarising parts of a speech from a 2008 address by Michelle Obama."

4 hours ago, billvon said:

Unless someone has hidden his crayons...

Little embryonic backbone cells are forming in the GOP. Sorry Ron.:`o

"Congress delivered a stinging rebuke to President Trump during a rare New Year's Day session Friday, handing him his first veto override in the final days of his administration.

The GOP-controlled Senate voted 81-13 to override Trump’s veto of a mammoth defense bill, well above the two-thirds support necessary, underscoring the depth of disagreement between the two sides of Pennsylvania Avenue."

5 minutes ago, kallend said:

So Trump thinks "House of Cards" is an instruction manual:

It started with "I would like you to us a favour though" and it ends with "I just want to find 11,780 votes".

It might be poetic if it wasn't all so rotten.

(edited)

Trump isn’t the problem here. Trump is an asshole. And corrupt. And probably a criminal. That’s not news to anyone. But there are systems in place that are supposed to deal with that circumstance.... the problem is that the people in THOSE systems are so invested in the power of the presidency that they’re not doing what they’re supposed to.

The system is broken. The ‘checks and balances’ philosophy is utter,utter bullshit. The last four years have proven that most politicians will absolutely sell their country down the Swanee for personal power.

The Senate should be demanding Trump appears in front of them first thing today to explain himself, but will they? Of course not. Will they even go on record saying that the call sounds like an abuse of power? Of course not...

They’ll sit there and say things like ‘potentially very troubling’ or ‘I haven’t heard it’, or even worse try and defend the President because they’re completely morally bankrupt.

Assholes.

Complete transcript of the phone call here:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/01/03/politics/trump-brad-raffensperger-phone-call-transcript/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by yoink
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, yoink said:

Trump isn’t the problem here. Trump is an asshole. And corrupt. And probably a criminal. That’s not news to anyone. But there are systems in place that are supposed to deal with that circumstance.... the problem is that the people in THOSE systems are so invested in the power of the presidency that they’re not doing what they’re supposed to.

So far the system has been stretched, but not broken. The attempt by Trump to overthrow democracy is astounding. It is just short of a crisis. A dozen or so more R votes in the House and we would all be wondering if he could succeed. My feeling is that enough Rs would not support him and the result would be the same. But who can say? At this point he is nothing less than a mad man. I am truly concerned that when his plan B fails in two days time he will use the days remaining to launch a plan C. Which would be to foment a military or civil crisis of some kind. 

31 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

So far the system has been stretched, but not broken. The attempt by Trump to overthrow democracy is astounding. It is just short of a crisis. A dozen or so more R votes in the House and we would all be wondering if he could succeed. My feeling is that enough Rs would not support him and the result would be the same. But who can say? At this point he is nothing less than a mad man. I am truly concerned that when his plan B fails in two days time he will use the days remaining to launch a plan C. Which would be to foment a military or civil crisis of some kind. 

I don't doubt he will try.

DO doubt he will succeed.

It's been clear since last summer that any military intervention here in the US won't happen. If Trump tries to 'declare martial law', the military will refuse to go along. It would be laughable and humiliating. 
If he tries to start a war with another country, I think (hope?) the military will also refuse to go there. Trump's failed attempt to start a war with Iran last month (or Nov maybe?) is a strong indicator about that.

Civil crisis? Doubtful. Despite the posturing and shouting of idiots like the Proud Boys, they don't have that much support. The cops may turn a blind eye to them prancing around with their guns, and to them assaulting other protesters, but once they start committing actual crimes, it gets back to reality (yes, assault is a crime). 

Rittenhouse is facing prosecution. 

If those idiots try to start an actual revolution, it will be bloody and quick. They'll lose. 

Helpful hint: Military helicopters are armored against small arms. They have night vision and effective guns. 

3 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I don't doubt he will try.

DO doubt he will succeed.

Yes,. I agree that such an attempt will not work as in not succeed in keeping him in power. However there is still a strong possibility of a very serious crisis with long term implications. I can easily see Trump as a man who at this point in his life wants to be remembered and go down in history in the biggest way possible.

2 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Yes,. I agree that such an attempt will not work as in not succeed in keeping him in power. However there is still a strong possibility of a very serious crisis with long term implications. I can easily see Trump as a man who at this point in his life wants to be remembered and go down in history in the biggest way possible.

Maybe he and his followers can find another country; Guyana, perhaps. He could start a new town there and name it after himself: Trumptown. Then his followers could migrate there and drink his Flavor Aid.

1 minute ago, gowlerk said:

Well, he's probably going to succeed in that.
Just not the way he wants.

The call to Georgia over the weekend is blowing up pretty good.

It has serious criminal implications. As with the New York stuff, this is a state case that he can't 'pardon himself' out of. 

The fact that the R Gov & SecState of GA shut him down completely, which is what they've done the entire time, speaks volumes. 

think the chances of Trump facing actual consequences for this are very real. At least I certainly hope so. Seeing him prosecuted for attempted vote tampering would be absolutely delightful. Not so much from a personal vindictiveness (that's very much there), but from a 'you try to steal an election, you get consequences' point. 
I'd like it to be made VERY clear that his behavior is not acceptable and to see him punished for it. Nixon got pardoned, Reagan (Iran-Contra) got ignored. This is the logical outcome of the idea that the President is above the law. 
I'd like to see that thinking end. I'd LOVE to see the Justice Department memo that a sitting President can't be indicted for a crime be tossed out. And Trump may very well end up with THAT as his legacy. 
That would be awesome.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Well, he's probably going to succeed in that.
Just not the way he wants.

The call to Georgia over the weekend is blowing up pretty good.

It has serious criminal implications. As with the New York stuff, this is a state case that he can't 'pardon himself' out of. 

The fact that the R Gov & SecState of GA shut him down completely, which is what they've done the entire time, speaks volumes. 

think the chances of Trump facing actual consequences for this are very real. At least I certainly hope so. Seeing him prosecuted for attempted vote tampering would be absolutely delightful. Not so much from a personal vindictiveness (that's very much there), but from a 'you try to steal an election, you get consequences' point. 
I'd like it to be made VERY clear that his behavior is not acceptable and to see him punished for it. Nixon got pardoned, Reagan (Iran-Contra) got ignored. This is the logical outcome of the idea that the President is above the law. 
I'd like to see that thinking end. I'd LOVE to see the Justice Department memo that a sitting President can't be indicted for a crime be tossed out. And Trump may very well end up with THAT as his legacy. 
That would be awesome.

Hi Joe,

Re:  'I think the chances of Trump facing actual consequences for this are very real.'

While I would love to see this; I doubt that it will actually happen.  IMO it will just fade away with time.

Re:  'At least I certainly hope so.'

As do I.  My one hope regarding Trump is that he goes to prison.

Re:  ' Nixon got pardoned, Reagan (Iran-Contra) got ignored. This is the logical outcome of the idea that the President is above the law. 
I'd like to see that thinking end.'

As would I.  And, I believe that should this ever get to the SCOTUS, they would decide in favor of the American people and throw it out.

Jerry Baumchen

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

The AG from the State of GA is absolutely not going to prosecute Trump. But we don't know yet what other attempts have been made or what else he may have tried. It certainly is possible that multiple people have the goods on him but are holding their cards close to their chests until after he is out of office.