2 2

Who will win the 2020 election?

Trump or Biden?   

43 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who do you think will win the election 2020? Not who you want to win, but the one you think will win.

• Trump
    • Biden
    • Election?
  2. 2. Who do you want to win the election 2020

• Trump
    • Biden
    • Election?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/2020 at 09:20 AM

11 hours ago, billvon said:

Dude, Trump was president for four years.  He's stocked the government with his own people, many of whom are criminals.  He calls in favors.  He bribes people with money and power.  He appoints his own children to lucrative government positions.  He promised people things and then gave up on them as soon as he was in office.  He golfs more than he works, then brags about how hard working he is.  He uses the power of his political office to shirk responsibility (and culpability) for his crimes.  He funnels tax dollars into his own businesses.

He's the ultimate Washington insider.

But But But!!! He doesn't take a salary! /sarcasm

White House insiders, w.r.t. Trump:

"It's like dealing with a lunatic on a subway. Everyone just sits and stares ahead, pretends they can't hear him, and waits for him to eventually get off.."

Mentioning Biden's name is forbidden, unless it is in the context that Biden lost the election.

As DT would say, "sad."

4 hours ago, headoverheels said:

White House insiders, w.r.t. Trump:...

As DT would say, "sad."

Even better "one of the president’s friends told me. “It’s all so bizarre.”

"This person, who speaks to the president often — or, more accurately, who listens and says uh-huh as the president speaks — said that Trump is not just done for, but done. “He wants to lose. He’s out of money. He worries about being arrested. He worried about being assassinated,” they said. “It hasn’t been a great experience for him. He likes showing people around the White House, but the actual day-to-day business of being president? It’s been pretty unpleasant for him.”

“A lot of what Trump says is the opposite of what he means. That’s true of all of us, to some extent,” the president’s friend said. But when Trump said he didn’t mind losing to Biden, even though he famously hates losers of any ilk, his friend believed him. “He doesn’t believe losing is shameful — quitting is bad. Losing isn’t,” this person said. “He’s afraid. He’s the most insecure, afraid person ever. He’s too afraid to be president. He’s afraid to exercise power. He’s afraid to do the job. It’s why he’s overbearing and crazy — he sabotages himself constantly because he hates himself and wants out. He’s always trying to hurt himself. That guy commits more self-harm than anyone I’ve ever encountered.”

2 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Moderate Republican? John Bolton? I love your use of irony here!

I assure you, my tongue was firmly in cheek. But in these days of the GOP's rush to support an autocrat, Bolton has become a moderate by comparison, w/o even changing his principles.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ryoder said:

I assure you, my tongue was firmly in cheek. But in these days of the GOP's rush to support an autocrat, Bolton has become a moderate by comparison, w/o even changing his principles.

Yes, he is in no way a moderate. He just hates Trump like I'm sure many GOP officials do. But he has never been elected and he is never going to stand for election. Therefore he has no reason to fear Trump. It's easy to be brave when you have nothing to lose.

Even his lawyers - the lawyers he is paying to file these ridiculous lawsuits - don't think he can win any more.

(Bloomberg) -- A law firm representing the Trump campaign in its challenges to the Pennsylvania election results gave notice that it’s withdrawing from one of the cases.

Lawyers with Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP submitted a filing late Thursday stating they were withdrawing as counsel in a federal suit seeking to block Pennsylvania from certifying its vote. No reason was given. In a statement issued Friday, the firm confirmed the filing but did not say why it was exiting the case.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-law-firm-withdraws-from-pennsylvania-election-case/ar-BB1aZ8yx?li=BBnb7Kz&fbclid=IwAR2Q0k7SitEKeUK-Zwiw2JvvmFNB-8HZ0MDFmpYJ9HOsO6VSuym7VK6fX1Y

24 minutes ago, billvon said:

No reason was given. In a statement issued Friday, the firm confirmed the filing but did not say why it was exiting the case.

6 minutes ago, kallend said:

Even rats have standards.

The reason has nothing to do with standards. The lawyers don't want to work for free. They want clients who pay the bills.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, billvon said:

Even his lawyers - the lawyers he is paying to file these ridiculous lawsuits - don't think he can win any more.

(Bloomberg) -- A law firm representing the Trump campaign in its challenges to the Pennsylvania election results gave notice that it’s withdrawing from one of the cases.

Lawyers with Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP submitted a filing late Thursday stating they were withdrawing as counsel in a federal suit seeking to block Pennsylvania from certifying its vote. No reason was given. In a statement issued Friday, the firm confirmed the filing but did not say why it was exiting the case.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-law-firm-withdraws-from-pennsylvania-election-case/ar-BB1aZ8yx?li=BBnb7Kz&fbclid=IwAR2Q0k7SitEKeUK-Zwiw2JvvmFNB-8HZ0MDFmpYJ9HOsO6VSuym7VK6fX1Y

7 minutes ago, kallend said:

Even rats have standards.

Rats likely found out trump didn't like to pay.

2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

The reason has nothing to do with standards. The lawyers don't want to work for free. They want clients who pay the bills.

Bingo.

It's coming out that the fine print in the "Trump Election Defense Fund" pleas say that a large percentage will go to pay off the campaign's debts.
Some of it will go straight into Trump's pockets.

https://apnews.com/article/money-donald-trump-election-defense-flow-d533491164bd4cae7ac47392ca740c7d

I'm going to guess the lawyers are starting to realize that they stand a pretty good chance of ending up like so many of the people that do business with Trump...

Screwed.

26 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Bingo.

It's coming out that the fine print in the "Trump Election Defense Fund" pleas say that a large percentage will go to pay off the campaign's debts.
Some of it will go straight into Trump's pockets.

https://apnews.com/article/money-donald-trump-election-defense-flow-d533491164bd4cae7ac47392ca740c7d

I'm going to guess the lawyers are starting to realize that they stand a pretty good chance of ending up like so many of the people that do business with Trump...

Screwed.

Hi Joe,

'The President’s team is undeterred and will move forward with rock-solid attorneys'

'Another law firm bails out on Trump campaign'

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/13/law-firm-drops-trump-campaign-436418

Looks like the word is out that Trump does not pay his bills.

IMO, because of this:  ' the withdrawal requires Brann’s approval'

it seems as though he may have trouble even finding a firm that will talk to him.

It would be so simple to just concede and move on; not his style, though.

Jerry Baumchen

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

'The President’s team is undeterred and will move forward with rock-solid attorneys'

it seems as though he may have trouble even finding a firm that will talk to him.

Jerry Baumchen

Some lawyers are honest I know:D. Another factor is they don't want to be associated with abuse of the system.

2 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Some lawyers are honest I know:D. Another factor is they don't want to be associated with abuse of the system.

Two comments. First, I've hired a lot of lawyers with a variety of practice specialties over the years and paid out a boatload of money for the privilege. Some were better than others, mostly on a raw brain power basis, but not a one was crooked or seriously unethical. Second, closing the "Who will win the 2020 Election" poll was not only uncalled for it was being flat out rude to Trump True Believers, all conspiracy theorists, and others who just tend to run a little late. Not nice.

5 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

Jerry Baumchen

He needs to give Lionel Hutz a call and get him on the job!!!

(Donny probably thinks he's real)

28 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Two comments. First, I've hired a lot of lawyers with a variety of practice specialties over the years and paid out a boatload of money for the privilege. Some were better than others, mostly on a raw brain power basis, but not a one was crooked or seriously unethical. Second, closing the "Who will win the 2020 Election" poll was not only uncalled for it was being flat out rude to Trump True Believers, all conspiracy theorists, and others who just tend to run a little late. Not nice.

Hi Joe,

Re:  'not a one was . . . seriously unethical'

You've never hired a divorce attorney.  Ambulance chasers are next to God compared to them.

Jerry Baumchen

1 minute ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Joe,

Re:  'not a one was . . . seriously unethical'

You've never hired a divorce attorney.  Ambulance chasers are next to God compared to them.

Jerry Baumchen

Well, you can only nudge so far with an officer of the court, Jerry. To date, "not seriously unethical" is the best I've been able to do.