2 2

Who will win the 2020 election?

Trump or Biden?   

43 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who do you think will win the election 2020? Not who you want to win, but the one you think will win.

• Trump
    • Biden
    • Election?
  2. 2. Who do you want to win the election 2020

• Trump
    • Biden
    • Election?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/2020 at 09:20 AM

Just now, airdvr said:

And Bill...the list of things you say Trump does, you can just about put any politician in Washington into the same description.  The only difference is they hide it better than he did.

Even if that were true, and it is not, hiding some of the things we do in private is something society expects of all of us.

8 minutes ago, airdvr said:

And Bill...the list of things you say Trump does, you can just about put any politician in Washington into the same description.  The only difference is they hide it better than he did.

A ) You can't. You just can't. That kind of both-siderism is just wilful ignorance of the facts.

B ) Then your stated reason for voting falls flat on its face. If you claim Trump is just the same as every other Washington insider then it doesn't follow to say you voted for him because he isn;t a Washington insider.

14 minutes ago, jakee said:

So you want the deep state to use the EC to steal the election for Trump. Figures.

I think that would actually be the Deep R States ignoring the voters and selecting Trump electors. That would trigger a real constitutional crisis. SCOTUS would then have to show its true colours. But at this point that is what people like Ron seem to be hoping for.

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

I'm sorry you don't like my explanation.

Classic whataboutery.

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

The problem, airdvr, is that each other politician does one or two of them. Trump does them all...

Wendy P.

I do not understand how any thinking person could favour Trump over Biden.

I do understand how some people can favour R policies over D policies in the aggregate. Even though I would not. So rather than think badly of most of them, including airdvr I choose to think it is a policy matter.

1 minute ago, gowlerk said:

I do understand how some people can favour R policies over D policies in the aggregate. Even though I would not. So rather than think badly of most of them, including airdvr I choose to think it is a policy matter.

Americans had midterms to send trump a message and they didn't. In this election there was still 72 million votes for trump. Enough to win every single election in American history except his one. You should check the two quoted stories I made in the last week about why trump voters support him and his messaging.

Yes its policy but its more about interpersonal values.

10 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

It's simple self centered selfishness, Ken. airdvr voted for the off chance Trump will put a few more dollars in his wallet than Biden over the integrity of the Presidency. As we've already seen he has no argument other than "everybody does it" and "nanner nanner". How ding-a-lings like me see the world makes no more sense to him than his world view makes sense to me. 

17 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

You should check the two quoted stories I made in the last week about why trump voters support him and his messaging.

Yes its policy but its more about interpersonal values.

I did and I agree. It is an unholy alliance between evangelical anti-choice fundamentalists and the urban/rural split which is another way of saying what Bannon called "identity politics".

8 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

It's simple self centered selfishness, Ken. airdvr voted for the off chance Trump will put a few more dollars in his wallet than Biden over the integrity of the Presidency.

I do not believe it is anywhere near that simple. It's not about a fistfull of dollars, rather it is the warm fuzzy feeling of being safe with your clan.

17 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

It's simple self centered selfishness, Ken. airdvr voted for the off chance Trump will put a few more dollars in his wallet than Biden over the integrity of the Presidency. As we've already seen he has no argument other than "everybody does it" and "nanner nanner". How ding-a-lings like me see the world makes no more sense to him than his world view makes sense to me. 

Forgot religion, fear, racism, isolationism and  minuscule tea party government.

Selfishness isn't illegal. When someone else who supports trump said their spouse was a higher up employee of the pharma/health industry. That explained allot about their support for trump-GOP.

9 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I did and I agree. It is an unholy alliance between evangelical anti-choice fundamentalists and the urban/rural split which is another way of saying what Bannon called "identity politics".

Yes and above.

Having said all that Biden needs to address some of these issues. Anti-immigration is not all about Bannon-Miller racism. Biden needs to sell the fiscal advantages of immigration, etc. Sell the fiscal advantages of single payer medicine, etc.

Edited by Phil1111

2 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:
15 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Forgot religion, fear, racism, isolationism and  minuscule tea party government

I don't get overt racism nor does he come off as a homophobe. Religion, actually credulity, seems a strong component of the conservative philosophy so maybe. I think he is simply being, in accordance with his world view, pragmatic which most times means it's about the money, specifically his money. I also choose not to believe the whataboutism tropes are his real reasons. Whereas I'm outright appalled by the discredit Trump has visited on the American Presidency I reckon airdvr figures that Trump came and Trump will go of his own accord so no worries.

4 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

I don't get overt racism nor does he come off as a homophobe. Religion, actually credulity, seems a strong component of the conservative philosophy so maybe. I think he is simply being, in accordance with his world view, pragmatic which most times means it's about the money, specifically his money. I also choose not to believe the whataboutism tropes are his real reasons. Whereas I'm outright appalled by the discredit Trump has visited on the American Presidency I reckon airdvr figures that Trump came and Trump will go of his own accord so no worries.

I'll put you and Wendy on matching nail guns and have at it. Its usually not about what a person says it is but more deeply rooted psychologies that drive decision making. Many people will be well off but be driven for more. Because their parents suffered financial setbacks late in life and suffered thereafter. As an example.

Well.....among Republicans, despite a few high profile dissenters support for Trump is astronomical. It is at unheard of levels.

The numbers are startling. In Gallup's last pre-election poll, 94% of Republicans approved of how he was doing his job. Among "conservative Republicans," who comprise the majority of the GOP base, Trump's job approval was 97%. Yes, 97%!

4 hours ago, airdvr said:

So you voted for him because he isn’t a Washington insider but he behaves like one. 

You make as much sense as Trump himself. Personally, unlike other people here, I don’t think you voted with your p overbook in mind. I think you find great comfort in the anti-immigrant part. 

image.png.7960b19bcf31df8c93dec130df3fdf81.png

Trump is also saying that he will run in 2024, which it to say he admits that he lost.    2024 is unlikely IMO, since he will have many legal problems starting in January.  Also, there is his deteriorating health.

Look for Trump to be doing favors (arm sales to the Saudis, etc) on his way out.  Also, looks like he might be planning a total withdraw of troops from the Middle East.   Or maybe he will just go to Mar-a-lago for the holidays and never come back.

5 hours ago, airdvr said:

So you voted for him because he's not a typical Washington insider, but he's a typical Washington insider who doesn't hide it?  He doesn't lie like all the other politicians?

That's a funny thing to say about a man who lies more than 50 times a day.  

Will your next position be "well he lies more than any other politician but at least he's honest about how much he lies?"