2 2

Who will win the 2020 election?

Trump or Biden?   

43 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who do you think will win the election 2020? Not who you want to win, but the one you think will win.

• Trump
    • Biden
    • Election?
  2. 2. Who do you want to win the election 2020

• Trump
    • Biden
    • Election?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/2020 at 09:20 AM

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

I guess I'm surprised that none of you seem very concerned about news media outlet's censorship.  I don't trust any media source to decide what is true and what is a lie.

Thats the Qanon factor and how it works on your brain. You have to wait for the right media source to tell you what to think.

1 hour ago, olofscience said:

Cause even Fox News has censored Trump?

You've already decided that what is true is what you WANT to hear. Who's the snowflake?

FIFY

This is a good but long story from Mother Jones I Spent 5 Years With Some of Trump’s Biggest Fans. Here’s What They Won’t Tell You.

Through interviews it outlines the thinking of many trump supporters. Since most can't be bothered or don't have the time to read it. Here is a quote that summarizes it somewhat:

"You are patiently standing in the middle of a long line stretching toward the horizon, where the American Dream awaits. But as you wait, you see people cutting in line ahead of you. Many of these line-cutters are black—beneficiaries of affirmative action or welfare. Some are career-driven women pushing into jobs they never had before. Then you see immigrants, Mexicans, Somalis, the Syrian refugees yet to come. As you wait in this unmoving line, you’re being asked to feel sorry for them all. You have a good heart. But who is deciding who you should feel compassion for? Then you see President Barack Hussein Obama waving the line-cutters forward. He’s on their side. In fact, isn’t he a line-cutter too? How did this fatherless black guy pay for Harvard? As you wait your turn, Obama is using the money in your pocket to help the line-cutters. He and his liberal backers have removed the shame from taking. The government has become an instrument for redistributing your money to the undeserving. It’s not your government anymore; it’s theirs."

4 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

President Trump does not seem to be worried. It's almost like he knew this would happen before the election and he had a plan to expose the corruption.

He stated the day BEFORE the election that he would be filing lawsuits. He didn't even wait to find out if he was losing before doing so.

He's been vilifying and making false claims about mail in vote fraud for the last 4 months to set up precisely this scenario.

Of course it's a plan. But it's a plan based on lies and deception - not an open and fair democratic process.

41 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

He is merely positioning himself for the 2024 election.

Which of course would mean that he already admits he lost this election but thats another issue.

5 hours ago, airdvr said:

I guess I'm surprised that none of you seem very concerned about news media outlet's censorship.  I don't trust any media source to decide what is true and what is a lie.

To a degree, you're right.

But Trump is making baseless claims about fraud.

The FBI has repeatedly said there's not fraud (FBI Director is a Trump appointee). 

EVERY lawsuit claiming election fraud has been dismissed. EVERY ONE.

Your question about Republicans being denied access to the vote counting was proven to be false. Trump's own lawyers admitted in court that the R observers were there (which is why that suit was dismissed). 

This level of BLATANT  lying is something the media has aided & abetted for the past 4 years. They've finally grown some balls and said (more or less):

"We aren't going to be a vehicle for your lies any more". 

That's not 'censorship', that's responsible journalism.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, ryoder said:

He's claiming on a YouTube video that it is untrue -- he did not recant.  I guess the $130k gofundme payoff was too good to give up.

In a not surprising move the GA Secretary of State announced this morning a complete physical by hand re-count of the presidential election will occur and be completed in time for Nov. 20 certification. Biden currently leads by 14,000 of 4.9 million votes. This is why paper ballots can not ever be replaced by 0s an 1s in files.

Edited by gowlerk

Censorship isn't defined by political party.  It's kind of the same as tearing down statues that you find offensive.  We need those things to remind us of how wrong it was.  If someone is spouting lies let the world see it.  Then you can refute the lies.  If we truly wanted to get rid of untruths we'd have to remove all promises in campaign speeches, commercials with the fine print so small you can't read it, and anything to do with televangelism.  That's just a few examples.  I think it's a slippery slope.

6 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Censorship isn't defined by political party.  It's kind of the same as tearing down statues that you find offensive.  We need those things to remind us of how wrong it was.  If someone is spouting lies let the world see it.  Then you can refute the lies.

Responsible journalists have a responsibility to not report lies.  It goes with the territory.

16 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Censorship isn't defined by political party.  It's kind of the same as tearing down statues that you find offensive.  We need those things to remind us of how wrong it was.  If someone is spouting lies let the world see it.  Then you can refute the lies.  If we truly wanted to get rid of untruths we'd have to remove all promises in campaign speeches, commercials with the fine print so small you can't read it, and anything to do with televangelism.  That's just a few examples.  I think it's a slippery slope.

Hi airdvr,

Re:  ' It's kind of the same as tearing down statues that you find offensive.  We need those things to remind us of how wrong it was.'

Would you find it OK if your neighbor hung a Nazi swastika flag on his flagpole in his front yard?

Jerry Baumchen

On 11/10/2020 at 4:15 PM, olofscience said:

Calm down, tiger. Brent hasn't been making any claims of fraud, he hasn't been the one filing baseless lawsuits.

No, but he's been saying they should continue to file those baseless lawsuits, and then pretending he didn't.

No, people believe that baseless shit because they want to, not because the Trump camp filed lawsuits.

It would be the height of naivety to think the one doesn't affect the other. Trump has spent years setting up a cult of personality - what he and his team says matters to his supporters. It makes a difference.

My point is those lawsuits have been filed anyway, we can't do anything about that. What we CAN'T do is disrespect due process just because we don't like the other side.

Again, that's like saying we CAN'T stop the sun from coming up in the morning. Well, duh, we can't stop it from coming up even if we wanted to - it's gonna happen. Even hinting that it could be otherwise is just playing into the Trumpist conspiracy theories.

45 minutes ago, airdvr said:

It's kind of the same as tearing down statues that you find offensive.  We need those things to remind us of how wrong it was.  

Next time I'm in a room with an elementary school kid I'm going to get them to explain to you how ridiculous that statement is.

45 minutes ago, airdvr said:

If someone is spouting lies let the world see it.  Then you can refute the lies.

Trump spouted lies, thousands of lies. Then people refuted the lies, including the media, who did not expect to have to do it in the beginning, but the lies were too many.

Then you closed your eyes and still chose his side, and now you're shouting "censorship"?

50 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I think it's a slippery slope.

And yet you dove into it.

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi airdvr,

Re:  ' It's kind of the same as tearing down statues that you find offensive.  We need those things to remind us of how wrong it was.'

Would you find it OK if your neighbor hung a Nazi swastika flag on his flagpole in his front yard?

Jerry Baumchen

I think the Deed restrictions prohibit that.  Would it bother me?  Sure it would but I would instantly know what an asshat my neighbor is and it's still a first amendment issue.

You guys want to start sanitizing history you'd better make sure you don't get caught up in the shitstorm.

1 hour ago, olofscience said:

Trump spouted lies, thousands of lies. Then people refuted the lies, including the media, who did not expect to have to do it in the beginning, but the lies were too many.

Then you closed your eyes and still chose his side, and now you're shouting "censorship"?

And yet you dove into it.

I'm not shouting anything.  I know who he is and I know who he isn't and i still chose to vote for him.  That's my business and no one else's.  As I said earlier censorship doesn't know party lines.  

As an aside I fully accept that Biden won.