2 2

Who will win the 2020 election?

Trump or Biden?   

43 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who do you think will win the election 2020? Not who you want to win, but the one you think will win.

• Trump
    • Biden
    • Election?
  2. 2. Who do you want to win the election 2020

• Trump
    • Biden
    • Election?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/2020 at 09:20 AM

As for sueing trump - since it didn't work for the last 4 years I would surely hope that many lawyers did their homework properly and start slinging shitloads of lawsuits in his direction ASAP. If they don't I would wonder if only trump hires lawyers against his opponents

12 minutes ago, Bigfalls said:

I will be interested to see what the stock market does on Monday.

It has already been going up since Wednesday. The markets have priced in a Biden win. They will likely go up a little more and then plateau for a while.

(edited)
2 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

The more the public chases Trump around and demands revenge, the more meals you feed his supporters. Some people wanted the same thing regarding Nixon after he resigned. As it turned out, it was better for the nation to move on and forget him. Sooner or later, even Trump supporters will realize that he isn't coming back as President, and without that power he will eventually become a footnote. 

And he doesn't even get to leave with honor. Imagine that. All the other living US Presidents, as well as our Vice Presidents, have the privilege of continuing to be admired even after they left office. No such future exists for Trump. He will be remembered as (most likely) the worst President in US history, and that is a legacy he can never escape. He will have legal problems, sure. And fines and whatever will probably be levied on him here and there. But allowing him to slink off into obscurity in shame is the best revenge, if you want to call it that. The whole thing reminds me of a scene from the movie, Star Trek - The Wrath of Khan. I've changed around a few of the original words in the script just for laughs. 

American Voters:
                I've done far worse than vote you out.
                I've hurt you.  And I wish to go on
                hurting you.  I shall leave you,
                as you tried to leave all of us...without hope, without any help in our time of need...forgotten.

The best thing for Americans, in my humble opinion, is to move on from Trump and try your best to forget him. History will do the remembering for you anyway. 

Trump doesn't do shame. If he is allowed to slink off he will spend the rest of his life whining about being robbed. He will also remain a malign influence on lots of powerful, and gullible people. He needs to be convicted and spend time behind bars. That is the only thing that might remove any credibility he has. His ego needs to be crushed.

Edited by obelixtim

I just watched two patriots address the nation live from Delaware. They spoke in complete sentences. They spoke English as if it was their native language. They didn't call anyone insulting names. They didn't threaten anyone. They didn't mock anyone. It was amazing!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

I just watched two patriots address the nation live from Delaware. They spoke in complete sentences. They spoke English as if it was their native language. They didn't call anyone insulting names. They didn't threaten anyone. They didn't mock anyone. It was amazing!

Right???

Holy crap it’s a breath of fresh air. Functioning adults who can give a presentation.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

The more the public chases Trump around and demands revenge, the more meals you feed his supporters. Some people wanted the same thing regarding Nixon after he resigned. As it turned out, it was better for the nation to move on and forget him.

How do you know that? 

And he doesn't even get to leave with honor. Imagine that. All the other living US Presidents, as well as our Vice Presidents, have the privilege of continuing to be admired even after they left office.

Nonsense. Very few Republicans admire Obama, and very few Democrats admire Bush (except in comparison to Trump). Trump will continue to be praised as a godlike figure by vast swathes of his supporters for years to come. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Republican 2024 platform promises a return to the Trump glory days.

3 hours ago, jakee said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Republican 2024 platform promises a return to the Trump glory days.

I predict that getting the R nomination for 2024 will be next to impossible without a Trump endorsement. Unless he doesn’t give one, which is not likely. He will try to play a kingmaker role.

(edited)
3 hours ago, jakee said:

... I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Republican 2024 platform promises a return to the Trump glory days.

Yes

20 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I predict that getting the R nomination for 2024 will be next to impossible without a Trump endorsement. Unless he doesn’t give one, which is not likely. He will try to play a kingmaker role.

Yes. Anything that results in self glorification will keep trump active. It will also be a drag on the GOP until Neo-fascism is purged.

Populist ideology is not easily cleansed. trump will always paint his loss as a stolen victory.

Meanwhile in Russia president Putin has ordered all flags to be flown at half-mast. To recognize the darkest day of Russia since June 22, 1941. The politburo stood for a minute in silence in recognition of trump's service to the Motherland.

spacer.png

Edited by Phil1111

11 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

Populist ideology is not easily cleansed. trump will always paint his loss as a stolen victory.

He will blame the "China virus". Not his handling of it of course. Around the world many politicians have gained popularity by being seen as doing a good job in a crisis. But not Trump, he totally blew his chance to rise to the occasion. But mishandling an emergency was always seen as the greatest risk of having such a man as POTUS. He performed exactly as most thinking people expected he would.

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

It won't be much of an endorsement if it comes from Danbury Minimum Security Federal Prison.
That's one reason I would like to see him prosecuted for his crimes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gowlerk said:

Agree ;"Trump biographer Michael D’Antonio said Trump has been savvy about exploiting media opportunities throughout his life, whether it’s the New York tabloids or “The Apprentice.”

I think it’s inevitable that he has a media platform,” he said. “Now the opportunity to broadcast is available to almost anyone at almost no cost. I think people would watch Trump bloviate spontaneously from any outlet. That’s going to appeal to him immensely.”

Above from a Politico story entitled Trump’s post-presidency: Stay relevant, make money, avoid indictment

Shutting trump up will never be as easy as:

spacer.png