2 2

Who will win the 2020 election?

Trump or Biden?   

43 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who do you think will win the election 2020? Not who you want to win, but the one you think will win.

• Trump
    • Biden
    • Election?
  2. 2. Who do you want to win the election 2020

• Trump
    • Biden
    • Election?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/2020 at 09:20 AM

(edited)

It might be a little early to predict anything... But it’s not looking good for Kanye.

Also, let's all take a moment to wish Melania a speedy recovery after the horrible facial injury she suffered from cracking her first genuine smile in 4 years.

Edited by headoverheels

Personally, I want it over. And if there is a prosecution of Trump, the evidence should be voluminous and very clear to a clearly balanced jury.

Just imagine if Congress had seen fit to indict (or whatever it could do) in the Clinton investigation. There are plenty of conservatives who are just as convinced that she's guilty, guilty, guilty. Yeah, there isn't any evidence for it (especially the baby-head pizza part), but still.

Wendy P.

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

Personally, I want it over. And if there is a prosecution of Trump, the evidence should be voluminous and very clear to a clearly balanced jury.

You mean like it should be in any prosecution? 

Anyway, I really don’t get this idea that Ex presidents should be left alone for the good of the country. Aside from it being an affront to the ideas of responsibility and accountability in government, in this case it ignores who Trump is. He’s being investigated for corrupt, criminal activities he’s been getting away with for his whole life. If he’s let off the hook this time just because he was President then what do you think he’s gonna do then? He’ll be the same guy, running the same business, perpetrating the same crimes. To advocate for letting him do that just because he once won a single election is nuts.

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

Just imagine if Congress had seen fit to indict (or whatever it could do) in the Clinton investigation. There are plenty of conservatives who are just as convinced that she's guilty, guilty, guilty. Yeah, there isn't any evidence for it (especially the baby-head pizza part), but still.

Congress can’t indict. It’s an irrelevant comparison.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P.

Lying and conning your way to the presidency should not be a get-out-of-jail card for crimes you have committed.

• Like 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

Personally, I want it over. ...

Wendy P.

This will likely be the View of Biden

1 hour ago, RobertMBlevins said:

... Just be glad he didn't get a second go-around and move forward to the positive. Four years of negative is enough. 

Once again the likely view of Biden

23 minutes ago, jakee said:

Anyway, I really don’t get this idea that Ex presidents should be left alone for the good of the country. Aside from it being an affront to the ideas of responsibility and accountability in government, in this case it ignores who Trump is. He’s being investigated for corrupt, criminal activities he’s been getting away with for his whole life....

Like Joe has said in other posts the hammer should be taken to trump and I agree. In reality it will be the SDNY that pursues the fraud and corruption cases against trump and trump Enterprises.

Wendy and Bob also have good points which I also agree with. The essence of which is to heal the divisions and move America forward. There have been segments of the democrat base that have been seriously radicalized by trumps actions and they will want prosecution. Which, again, is like to be left to the SDNY.

However, extending the hand or reconciliation to the GOP has not worked to date. They have not shown any effort to moderate the ideas of McConnell.Thats the reason why allowing the current standing of congress should be addressed. The standing whereby they still haven't learnt the lesson of this election. The lessons of trump and want to continue courts stacking.

Lincoln Project's Schmidt: Tucker Carlson could be 2024 GOP frontrunner. Is a story today for those that imagine a version of trump two is not waiting from the GOP. Furthermore the SC has already handed trump a victory in his fraud- voting scam: Supreme Court hands Trump a small victory in Pennsylvania’s vote count.

You have to be cautious that fatigue-capitulation is not driving your decision making in the whole trump issue. That trump and the GOP haven't worn you down and you imagine an accommodation to the GOP will be met with future moderation. trump has learned through 74 years that bullying others into submission works.

Edited by Phil1111

2 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

Any prosecutions would be civil ones, and mostly involve money. No one is going to put Trump in jail. He's an ex-President of the United States. Just be glad he didn't get a second go-around and move forward to the positive. Four years of negative is enough. 

"No one is above the law." Especially POTUS!!!

If the crap Trump pulled is not addressed, then the bar has just been lowered for the highest office in the land. That is a message for succeeding presidents, that they can get away with at least as much corruption and incompetence as Trump, and probably more. 

2 minutes ago, ryoder said:

"No one is above the law." Especially POTUS!!!

If the crap Trump pulled is not addressed, then the bar has just been lowered for the highest office in the land. That is a message for succeeding presidents, that they can get away with at least as much corruption and incompetence as Trump, and probably more. 

spacer.png

3 hours ago, RobertMBlevins said:

It seems appropriate that the city of Philadelphia, the home of the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, the Betsy Ross House, the Museum of the American Revolution, and Rocky Balboa's run up the stairs at the Philadelphia Museum of Art should be the place where America finally takes back democracy.

It's poetic justice. It really IS^_^

rocky.jpeg.ea8abf2784747bb303054994064cbb9c.jpeg

I like this for a poetic statement about what just happened:

CNN just declared Biden the winner.  Biden hasn't quite reached the 0.5% threshold in PA for no mandatory recount but he's very close.  (He is at a 30,000 vote lead; he needs 36,000 votes for no recount.)

Edited to add - AP also just called it.  Looks like it's pretty much over (except for the shouting and the lawsuits and the recounts and the threats and the process of extracting a recalcitrant resident of the White House.)

4 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Wendy P.

No, no and no. Do you want him back in 2024? Do you want the republicans who enabled him to sniff, "whatever, in 4 years we'll take it back?" Maybe a US President hasn't spent time in the can but someone always needs to be first. If he's committed jailable offenses and can be convicted we must do it. This is no time to be weak. This is a time to say, "Fuck you. We're not doormats, we're Democrats".

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

No, no and no. Do you want him back in 2024? Do you want the republicans who enabled him to sniff, "whatever, in 4 years we'll take it back?" Maybe a US President hasn't spent time in the can but someone always needs to be first. If he's committed jailable offenses and can be convicted we must do it. This is no time to be weak. This is a time to say, "Fuck you. We're not doormats, we're Democrats".

Hi Joe,

I am 100% with you.  Prosecute him for the rest of his life.

And, shove anything & everything that we can down Mitch McConnell's throat.

I want Kamala to get herself down to Georgia & do everything possible to get those two Senate seats for the D's.  Then she can be the tie-breaker voter.

No mercy whatsoever for Trump; a plague on his house.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 2

(edited)

Harris needs to spend the next 4 years doing NOTHING but convincing Republicans and Moderates that a female president isn't something to be afraid of, because my bet is that the Dems have her heading the ticket in 2024 and that could be a shitshow. We might end up with Trump Jr or Kanye...

Edited by yoink

4 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Popular vote? About 75 million for Biden, 71 million for Trump, and about 95 million did not vote. Once again apathy is the big winner!

Well distrust of government in general and Covid could account for 5-10% Which would put the US the same as Canada,

Voter turnout is the percentage of registered voters who cast a ballot in an election. The following presents voter turnout figures for Canada's general elections as compiled by Elections Canada.

• The average voter turnout for Canada's general elections since 1867 has been 70.5%
  • The highest voter turnouts were in 1958, 1960, and 1963, when voter turnout was over 79%.
  • The lowest voter turnout on record was in 2008, when voter turnout fell to only 58.8%.
  • Voter turnout in the 2011 federal election, at 61.4%, was the third lowest in Canadian history.
  • Voter turnout rose sharply in the 2015 federal election to 68.5%, the highest turnout since 1993.

But if trump was a Canadian PM, I'd be voting in every polling station until the Mounties took me away to the big stone house.