2 2

Who will win the 2020 election?

Trump or Biden?   

43 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who do you think will win the election 2020? Not who you want to win, but the one you think will win.

• Trump
    • Biden
    • Election?
  2. 2. Who do you want to win the election 2020

• Trump
    • Biden
    • Election?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/2020 at 09:20 AM

40 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

My American ancestors and family were nineteenth century immigrants, Civil War veterans, Western Frontiersman, WWI & II veterans, one MLB player, my dad. All were staunch nationalistic, patriotic Americans.

No comedians? That's a shocker. I asked because of how you wrote the post. Here, FIFY.

WI had seven wards with more votes than registered voters. STOP

MI had a surprising find of more than 120K votes, all for Biden, none for Trump. STOP

PA found 23K votes all for Biden none for Trump. STOP

Lawsuits coming.STOP

GA, NC, PA, & AK still not declared. STOP

AZ may be a flip for Trump. STOP

NV slim lead for Biden. END

49 minutes ago, airdvr said:

What would the reasoning be that you would want to keep Republican observers from watching the ballot count?

Well, not everyone has huge amounts of space in their city offices.  And you can fit a lot more democratic observers than republican observers - especially if they are Meal Team Six types.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

What would the reasoning be that you would want to keep Republican observers from watching the ballot count?

Are you asking about observers who were selected, vetted, and approved before the election?

Or a bunch of Trumpettes who just decided to show up and demand to 'observe'?

If you are talking about Detroit, there were over 100 from each party in the room. 

5 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I was thinking that for Biden's acceptance speech to the nation, should he win, he might want to quote Gerald Ford:

Now we all know that isn't really true, but tossing out Trump is one hell of a good start.   

This has been discussed some in the past.

It would be a hell of a good start, but don't forget how many people still voted for that idiot.

I've said more than once that Trump is far more a symptom of a larger problem than the problem itself. 

The people that voted for him are either complete morons (given how many are Qcumbers, that's not an unreasonable assumption), gullible fools who still haven't figured out that he's a con man or truly evil people that admire his postions on women and minorities.

In a different thread, it was claimed that Trump gave a voice to the disaffected. While there's a fair amount of truth to that, the 'disaffected' he gave that voice to are the ones who cheered on the ideas that we should build a wall to keep immigrants out, that Mexicans are rapists, that Muslims are terrorists, that anyone who voices opposition should be roughed up. Those that felt that Nazis & KKK were 'very fine people.' 

Those people are not simply going to go away. 

11 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

MI had a surprising find of more than 120K votes, all for Biden, none for Trump

From 538:

"Two more batches of Pennsylvania vote were reported: -23,277 votes in Philadelphia, all for Biden -about 5,300 votes in Luzerne County, nearly 4,000 of which were for Biden.

This one batch of votes in Philadelphia has been picked up by some people, including a commentator on Fox News, as possible evidence of fraud. It’s not. According to Edison Research, which aggregates vote data for ABC News and other networks (and is the source of the data in question), sometimes election officials and vote aggregators unintentionally enter vote updates one candidate at a time, rather than entering all candidates together. Other candidates’ votes are then included in a subsequent batch.

That appears to be what happened here, and in the next update from Philadelphia, Trump got about double the share of votes that he was getting in the other updates from there during that stretch of time."

So, all of your points have now been explained/refuted.

19 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

The people that voted for him are either complete morons (given how many are Qcumbers, that's not an unreasonable assumption), gullible fools who still haven't figured out that he's a con man or truly evil people that admire his postions on women and minorities.

There was a good column about looking at Trumpers:

I love my twin. How did we end up so far apart

Wendy P. 

6 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

PS)  And I am very sure this will be the result of all of Trump's horsepuckey lawsuits.

Are you sure? All they need is one Trumpist judge who gets lucky and gets one of these cases. And they filled the courts with them, so it's not that unlikely.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, mbohu said:

Are you sure? All they need is one Trumpist judge who gets lucky and gets one of these cases. And they filled the courts with them, so it's not that unlikely.

But a higher court can easily overrule it and all it takes is one court in a series to throw something out. It doesent matter. Trump's attempt at cheating by stopping vote counting while the odds are in his favor wont hold up in even the most conservative of courts. Even if it did, the counting is close to complete by now and by the time anyone makes a decision on the matter it will already be a done deal. Pretty sure they dont annotate which votes were counted on what day, so really once it's in the system there is no way to differentiate anymore between different votes.

Edited by Westerly

Just now, Westerly said:

But a higher court can easily overrule it and all it takes is one court in a series to throw something out.

Yes. I think their hail marry is that somehow one of these cases goes all the way through to the Supreme Court.
But even without this, a single ruling in their favor, even if later thrown out will be enough for them to be able to claim that there is real truth to the cases (all of them) and that it's the deep state and the activist judges, who are ruling against them.

BTW: Does anyone remember how Bush vs. Gore was able to make its way all the way to the Supreme court in what must have been a matter of days?

4 minutes ago, mbohu said:

But even without this, a single ruling in their favor, even if later thrown out will be enough for them to be able to claim that there is real truth to the cases (all of them) and that it's the deep state and the activist judges, who are ruling against them.

Dont they already claim all that crap? Anyway, they can claim whatever they want. Claims dont determine presidents, votes do.

48 minutes ago, RobertMBlevins said:

I was thinking that for Biden's acceptance speech to the nation, should he win, he might want to quote Gerald Ford:

Now we all know that isn't really true, but tossing out Trump is one hell of a good start.   

Roger that, Robert. Tossing Trump was the prize. The Senate would have been the Lottery. Once he's out, and he isn't yet, the goal must be steam rollering the asshole in state courts until he's as thin as Kamala's favorite dosa. (my favorite is just outside the train station in Jaipur if you don't read my food blog)  It must be so or we'll see him nightly on Fox with Palin's old job arguing with free airtime for a second chance in 2024. With the Senate in McConnell's hands that will be the only real chance of lasting victory over Trumpism.

1 minute ago, Westerly said:

Dont they already claim all that crap? Anyway, they can claim whatever they want. Claims dont determine presidents, votes do.

True. At least for now. My guess is that the game is to increase the percentage of the population who believes that Biden was illegitimately elected, giving cover for the Republican Senate's sure to follow obstructionism. And the long game is to have the American population trust the legitimacy of elections less and less, making it easier to move towards a more autocratic rule.
These tactics were used in Europe a hundred years ago, in Russia since Putin came to power and I'm sure various times in South America in the last century. I'm not (yet, necessarily) saying that exactly the same is happening here now, but they may be trying to see how far they can take this.

55 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Those people are not simply going to go away. 

It simply boggles the mind that so many Americans were and are willing to overlook or even find desirable the many character flaws of Trump. And it is not just Americans, he has many Canadian fans as well. Including my brother who I just agree not to speak of the matter with. I simply do not understand it.

27 minutes ago, mbohu said:

BTW: Does anyone remember how Bush vs. Gore was able to make its way all the way to the Supreme court in what must have been a matter of days?

Matter of days? Well yes I suppose. But about 30 of them. Bush v Gore reached the SCOTUS on Dec.8 and was settled on the 12th.

1 minute ago, gowlerk said:

Matter of days? Well yes I suppose. But about 30 of them. Bush v Gore reached the SCOTUS on Dec.8 and was settled on the 12th.

I see. And that was enough time to halt the counting? I know, it was a re-count, but that seems like a lot of time, even for a re-count. I remember it being fast enough to stop the counting before it could reach a conclusion.

8 minutes ago, mbohu said:

I see. And that was enough time to halt the counting? I know, it was a re-count, but that seems like a lot of time, even for a re-count. I remember it being fast enough to stop the counting before it could reach a conclusion.

There was a recount done. What was stopped was an even more detailed recount being done manually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bush_v._Gore

59 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

It simply boggles the mind that so many Americans were and are willing to overlook or even find desirable the many character flaws of Trump. And it is not just Americans, he has many Canadian fans as well. Including my brother who I just agree not to speak of the matter with. I simply do not understand it.

Hi Ken,

Re:  'I simply do not understand it.'

Nor do I.  I simply cannot wrap my head around how anyone can conclude that Trump is good for this country ( or any country ).

IMO they might just as well argue that the earth is flat.

Jerry Baumchen