2 2

Who will win the 2020 election?

Trump or Biden?   

43 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who do you think will win the election 2020? Not who you want to win, but the one you think will win.

• Trump
    • Biden
    • Election?
  2. 2. Who do you want to win the election 2020

• Trump
    • Biden
    • Election?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/2020 at 09:20 AM

2 hours ago, Erroll said:

From an outsiders point of view :- it is a sad indictment of democracy in America in 2020 that businesses board up and fences are put up around the White House for the election.

I hear Mexico was asked to pay for that fence, but declined.

It's not a democracy when a citizen in Wyoming has 40x the amount of clout as a voter in California.

It's not a democracy when voters in only a handful of swing states determine who the president will be.

The system was set up explicitly to protect the interests of slaveowners some 240 years ago.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, kallend said:

It's not a democracy when a citizen in Wyoming has 40x the amount of clout as a voter in California.

It's not a democracy when voters in only a handful of swing states determine who the president will be.

The system was set up explicitly to protect the interests of slaveowners some 240 years ago.

Slaveowners 240 years ago living of the work of others. GOP today living of the work of Blue states.

I am optimistic for Biden. Despite losing in 2016, HRC still won the popular vote without the boost of Trump having the deaths of thousands of Americans on his hands. Now, we see a massive voter turnout with numerous attempts by Republicans to suppress votes. That sends a message. Trump is going to have to have a massive Jedi mind trick to overcome the fact that he knew, he lied, and thousands died.

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

'Mystery robocalls urge voters to 'stay home'

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54802115

Hmmm, I wonder who could be doing such a dastardly thing?

Jerry Baumchen

That brings up another matter--fucking spam calls. Something like 50% of all calls are SPAM calls these days. Every person in the country who owns a phone gets them. I bet the president himself gets them. It would be nice if the FCC would get off their ass and do something about it. The main issue is the invention of VOIP which allows phones to spoof any number it wants quite easily. Start at the source and you'll find the problem.

I'm not expecting any conclusive results tonight in anything outside of my own state.

But here in CO where mail-in ballots are default, results tonight are meaningful. Former CO gov Hickenlooper (D) is projected to easily defeat incumbent Cory Gardner (R), and Gardener has already conceded.

6 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

The fact that one candidate currently has more than 50% of the popular vote and more than 2.5 million more votes than the other candidate AND the election is very close shows what an absolutely bizarre system the US has. 

Hi Sky,

Yup.  And, there are still people who do not want to change it.

Old dogs, new tricks?  I guess.

Jerry Baumchen

22 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

The fact that one candidate currently has more than 50% of the popular vote and more than 2.5 million more votes than the other candidate AND the election is very close shows what an absolutely bizarre system the US has. 

In March 2019, CO governor signed the bill to put CO into the National Popular Vote Pact. Some people were unhappy with this, and succeeded into putting it to a referendum in this election. It looks like it has passed.

5 hours ago, ryoder said:

In March 2019, CO governor signed the bill to put CO into the National Popular Vote Pact. Some people were unhappy with this, and succeeded into putting it to a referendum in this election. It looks like it has passed.

Woohoo!

6 hours ago, ryoder said:

"Decides on Colorado joining the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact, which would give the state’s nine electoral votes to the presidential candidate who wins the national popular vote if states representing at least 270 Electoral College votes adopt the compact."

I hope that the actual language reflects at least half (not just 270), in case number of reps changes (e.g., when PR becomes a state).

31 minutes ago, TriGirl said:

I just read an article that said NBC News cut into Trump’s last address in order to correct all the misinformation he was spreading. My question is: why did it take 5 years for any news organization to implement this process?

Because it looks like he might not be president much longer and suddenly (and completely coincidentally) they've found a spine?

9 hours ago, TriGirl said:

I just read an article that said NBC News cut into Trump’s last address in order to correct all the misinformation he was spreading. My question is: why did it take 5 years for any news organization to implement this process?

No clue why it took this long, but part of it is because he appears to be losing.

From Heather Cox Richardson's FB post:

... About a half hour later, Trump called a press conference in which he declared victory and claimed that the ongoing counting of legally cast ballots must be stopped. Counting the ballots, he said, was the Democrats’ attempt to “steal the election.”
But Trump’s power is wavering, and he can no longer control the narrative. As he spoke, NBC News and MSNBC cut in to note that he was lying. After he finished, other media outlets also pushed back. On ABC News, Terry Moran said: “This isn’t law, this isn’t politics, this is theater,” Moran said. “And let’s be blunt: it’s the theater of authoritarianism.” Throughout the day, Trump tweeted angrily about the on-going counting of ballots; Twitter hid many of the tweets behind warnings that they were spreading disinformation.
Republican leaders have been surprisingly quick to turn on the president. Last night, the Fox News Channel was the first to call the state of Arizona for Democratic candidate Joe Biden which, according to Gabriel Sherman of Vanity Fair, led Trump to call Rupert Murdoch, who owns the Fox News Channel, to demand a retraction. Murdoch, who has said for months that Trump would lose the election, refused.

I watched a little bit of the CBS national news last night.
They started off by saying something to the effect of:

Trump has called for the counting of ballots to be stopped. But he can't do that. He doesn't have the authority to stop the counting of valid ballots.

WI had seven wards with more votes than registered voters

MI had a surprising find of more than 120K votes, all for Biden, none for Trump

PA found 23K votes all for Biden none for Trump

Lawsuits coming.

GA, NC, PA, & AK still not declared

AZ may be a flip for Trump

NV slim lead for Biden

21 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Lawsuits coming.

NV slim lead for Biden

Patriots are trying hard!

(edited)
58 minutes ago, RonD1120 said:

Lawsuits coming.

NV slim lead for Biden

Imagine the depths of the deep state with eight years of Biden/Harris.

I don't know why MAGA pro trump protestors are protesting in front of these ballot counting locations. Because boxes of fresh ballots are coming in the back door.:D

Edited by Phil1111