garuda

Winter Rig Storage Safety

Looking to place two rigs in sealed heavy duty plastic bags and boxes with moisture absorbers in a storage unit during the winter in Washington area (maybe 50 to 15 degrees fahrenheit).     Are freeze thaw cycles a concerns/experiences from hangars/garage storage?  Thank You!

The only issue that I see (based on experience with other electronics) is that your aad might not like those conditions. Other than that, if they are hermetically sealed with desiccant, and kept safe from pests (we had some issues with rodents damaging gear), I don't see the cooling cycles at those temperatures damaging anything, especially as they are slow.

The biggest worry about temp swings would be condensation. The desiccant should reduce that.
Cold isn't really good for the batteries, but if you aren't turning the AAD on, I wouldn't worry about it.
Pests would also be a concern. But that depends on the conditions of the storage location. 
One thing I do for long(er) term storage is to pull the pilot chute out of the BOC. Easier on the spandex. 

• Like 1