JerryBaumchen

Another Trump Disaster

I had responded to a post earlier on FB today when a similar article popped on a local community group. Some asshat had a response, something to the tune that their missing parents must not be looking very hard to reconnect. Literally one of the most callous things I have heard.

I don't care about your political leanings, your feelings about immigration, your assertions of their parents culpability. I honestly think you are the lowest level of human shit if you aren't horrified that children were separated from their parents, and some will never be reunited. 

4 minutes ago, DougH said:

I had responded to a post earlier on FB today when a similar article popped on a local community group. Some asshat had a response, something to the tune that their missing parents must not be looking very hard to reconnect. Literally one of the most callous things I have heard.

I don't care about your political leanings, your feelings about immigration, your assertions of their parents culpability. I honestly think you are the lowest level of human shit if you aren't horrified that children were separated from their parents, and some will never be reunited. 

This! What na incredibly fucked up system that allows for this to happen. Inhumane by every measure.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

They are largely with relatives here in the states.

Most of the parents were deported after the kids were taken from them and put in cages.

It's inhumane, cruel & vicious.

You know, standard operating procedure for Trump.

I sure hope most of them are. And, frankly, I'll just bet that some of those relatives are playing ignorant on where the parents are; I would. 

Too many people want to punish for what they see as wrongdoing; the harsher the punishment, the better they feel. 

Wendy P.

The cages?

The ones that were built for unaccompanied children? As 72-hour holding facilities, rather than permanent housing? Isn't that like asking who manufactured the gun?

I guess you figure the Obama administration should have known that whoever followed him would think that it was OK to just keep them in there permanently, and not built them at all. And veterinarians shouldn't have crates because puppy mills also use them.

Wendy P.

On 10/27/2020 at 10:34 AM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

And Trump loses another one:  'Federal judge rebuffs Justice Department's bid to aid Trump in defamation case'

But, but, the winning.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/27/federal-judge-trump-jean-carroll-defamation-432736

Jerry Baumchen

Perhaps there should a poll about how many lawsuits are served upon trump(and Don Jr, Ivanka, Jared, et al)  in the first year out of office.

spacer.png

"In every regard, his leaving office makes it easier for prosecutors and plaintiffs in civil cases to pursue their cases against him," said Harry Sandick, a former federal prosecutor in the Manhattan US attorney's office. "For example, he is claiming a higher protection from subpoenas in the criminal cases and also in the congressional subpoena cases, [and that] is based largely on the fact that he is President."
Some have suggested a formal apparatus for investigating Trump after he leaves office. Rep. Eric Swalwell, a California Democrat, has floated the creation of a "Presidential Crimes Commission," made up of independent prosecutors who can examine "those who enabled a corrupt president," as he put it in an August tweet. "Example 1: Sabotaging the mail to win an election."

The most serious legal threat facing Trump is the Manhattan district attorney's broad criminal investigation into the financial workings of the Trump Organization. Prosecutors have suggested in court filings that the investigation could examine whether the President and his company engaged in bank fraud, insurance fraud, criminal tax fraud and falsification of business records.

Hi folks,

I fully expect this to be another Trump disaster; however, it is right out of the Joseph Goebbels playbook.

'Trump creates 1776 Commission to promote 'patriotic education'

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/02/trump-1776-commission-education-433885

Jerry Baumchen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Goebbels

2 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

I fully expect this to be another Trump disaster; however, it is right out of the Joseph Goebbels playbook.

'Trump creates 1776 Commission to promote 'patriotic education'

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/02/trump-1776-commission-education-433885

Jerry Baumchen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Goebbels

I wonder if Stephen Miller reads Mein Kampf in the mornings for inspirations.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

The above originated with Mein Kampf of course but it was Goebbels, Hitler and later Donald trump that used it to best effects.