JoeWeber

Are you donating?

(edited)

No, but I received this the other day.  Not sure if it's officially affiliated with the Trump campaign or if it's one of those scams they were talking about.  I removed the links for your safety!

TRUMP PENCE MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Friend,

CONGRATULATIONS! You’ve won the Weekly Trump Patriot 800%-MATCH!

Every week President Trump selects one of his BEST supporters to receive an exclusive 800%-MATCH, and this week, it’s YOU.

This offer is only available to you for the NEXT 2 HOURS, Friend. After that, it will expire and your matching offer will be invalid.

Please contribute ANY AMOUNT in the NEXT 2 HOURS and your gift will automatically be 800%-MATCHED. >>

President Trump knows that you’ve been a dedicated supporter, which is why he selected YOU for this opportunity. 

He wants to know the moment you make your contribution, so don’t wait.
Just contribute ANY AMOUNT IMMEDIATELY for an 800%-MATCH.

Thank you,

Team Trump 2020

Lol, so this week I'm the best Trump supporter and as a reward I get to donate!   I better hurry -  apparently Trump is anxiously awaiting the transfer of funds. . .

Even if this was legit, where would the 800% match come from? 

They also list options:

Contribute $250 = $2250

Contribute $100 = $900

Contribute $50 = $450

If legit, seems like it could be some trick to make it look like the campaign has more contributions than they really do.

This is listed at the bottom of the email:

Contributions to the Trump Make America Great Again Committee are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.

Paid for by Trump Make America Great Again Committee, a joint fundraising committee authorized by and composed of Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. and the Republican National Committee.

Trump Make America Great Again Committee, 725 Fifth Ave New York, NY 10022

Sent to Republican Task Force subscribers.
PO Box 271265 Superior, CO 80027

Edited by Coreece

(edited)

It looks like the links are referrals from the Republican Task Force to donate on WinRed.com which is a for-profit fundraising platform endorsed by the RNC, but the site does say that it's not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

Weird stuff.  No surprise there's apparently some controversy about all of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WinRed

Edited by Coreece

13 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

If you are tired of Trump have you been donating to Biden/Harris?  Of course, unless they are clever, our foreign national friends here get a pass. But what about everyone else? Are you kicking down? 

Hi Joe,

Donated twice to Biden/Harris and once to Amy McGrath in Kentucky.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  I consider this the most important election in my lifetime.

PPS)  Billvon - My mayor, who I endorse for re-election, via yard signs, has virtually no impact on my life.

29 minutes ago, billvon said:

Even this year.  Your county's supervisor and/or your town's mayor is going to have a much bigger impact on your life than the president or any single senator.

My County Commissioners have never made me feel embarrassed to be an Oregonian. Nor has the mayor put anything in the world at risk. They may well be racists, homophobes, misogynists and thieves, I have no clue. Even if they are there isn't much impact they can have. Now the ability to degrade the integrity of the national government, install right wing ideologues on the Supreme Court and cause me to wonder if today's the day they start a nuclear war is something else entirely. Those things all bother the hell out of me. So, no, I don't think they can impact my life more.

I've spoken a couple of times at our County Supervisors meetings as a representative of our local, rural, area. Once about marijuana and  cannabis cultivation and another time about the zoning for a large development that would have impacted the local residents quality of life. On a day to day basis, the Board of Supervisors and Code Enforcement/Sheriffs are way more important than whose President. And because of the smaller scale, my speaking has much more impact than a letter or email to my Congressman.

13 hours ago, kallend said:

Donated to 3 senate candidates, one congressman,and 3.14 Action.

Added another senate candidate, and another congressperson candidate (both my congressperson candidates have science PhDs and are .....<surprise> .... Dems.)

1 hour ago, jimjumper said:

I've spoken a couple of times at our County Supervisors meetings as a representative of our local, rural, area. Once about marijuana and  cannabis cultivation and another time about the zoning for a large development that would have impacted the local residents quality of life. On a day to day basis, the Board of Supervisors and Code Enforcement/Sheriffs are way more important than whose President. And because of the smaller scale, my speaking has much more impact than a letter or email to my Congressman.

I hear you. I also understand sending money to Senate candidates. It's just that this time around I can not see how the D's win the Senate without Biden winning the White House. Even if they did with trump still president it would end up being the most pyrrhic of victories.

I've been feeding the Biden/Harris machine. They need the money if for nothing else than to keep asking me for more money. 

7 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

I worked on a fundraiser for my college once. We got a $750,000 donation, to be used as a “matching funds” incentive. We got the money regardless; the matching was just a tool. 
Money is manipulation

Wendy P. 

Maybe you would have got the money regardless, maybe not. But if you were matching donations from donation one not only will you never know if you would have received the donations otherwise but you also need to assume it was a significant factor. I've done it on a small scale and it works. Somehow the giver believes they are also on the receiving end. 

22 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

It's the transactional mindset. Then I could tell myself I was kicking in $800 a pop and feel like a big wheel.

No, the 800% match would cover the cost to keep asking you for more money, so now 100% of your donation will go directly toward the cause!

Looks like the dems can only find a 2x match - Soros must've maxed out.

41 minutes ago, Coreece said:

No, the 800% match would cover the cost to keep asking you for more money, so now 100% of your donation will go directly toward the cause!

Looks like the dems can only find a 2x match - Soros must've maxed out.

Pizza revenues must be down, too. Well, if Soros folds there is always Ben "the gift that keeps giving" Ghazi.

• Like 1