1 1
turtlespeed

Hunter Biden's pics and e-mails

31 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

That's amazing you can say that. presumably with a straight face too.

Which part? The lies? the list of well-documented lies is pretty long. Everyone has lied at some time; however, the quantity of the lies matters, too.

Kids enriching themselves? Really? What about Ivanka and Jared? It's not like they were qualified for anything they were doing.

Wendy P.

4 hours ago, markharju said:

<heavy sigh> We've been over this before, William. There's nothing in the New Testament about conquest, enslavement, etc., whereas the unholy koran contains STRICT MARCHING ORDERS for adherents to follow, or else.

The Koran is the holy book for Islam.  The Bible is the holy book for the Bible.  And someone as ignorant of Christianity as you are of Islam would undoubtedly point to the chapters about conquest, rape, murder etc. - and be just as right as you are.

Here's one example, from Numbers 31:
God tells Moses to get vengeance:

"And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying:  “Take vengeance on the Midianites for the children of Israel. Afterward you shall be gathered to your people.” . . .

With God on their side the Christians win:

"And the children of Israel took the women of Midian captive, with their little ones, and took as spoil all their cattle, all their flocks, and all their goods. They also burned with fire all the cities where they dwelt, and all their forts. And they took all the spoil and all the booty—of man and beast."

Moses is angry with them for showing compassion:

"And Moses said to them: “Have you kept all the women alive? Look, these women caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to trespass against the Lord in the incident of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the Lord. Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known a man intimately. But keep alive for yourselves all the young girls who have not known a man intimately."

I bet you can't find a passage in the Koran that says "take vengeance on your enemies, kill all the men and children, kill all the older women, but keep the really young girls so you can rape them."

"But . . . but . . . that's the Old Testament!" you exclaim.  "Jesus says we can ignore that."

Matthew 5:  (this is Jesus talking) - "“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not one jot or tittle shall pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven."

So Jesus says to follow every bit of the Bible.

3 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

That's amazing you can say that. presumably with a straight face too.

It's true.

Ivanka Trump sold CHINESE SHOES using the White House media office.  Fact.

Trump has funneled tens of millions in taxpayer dollars into his own properties.  Fact.

Xi told Trump he was building concentration camps for Muslims.  Trump said Xi "should go ahead with building the camps" - he thought "it was exactly the right thing to do." Fact.

Trump attacked Biden for his connections with the Chinese.  Then it leaked that Trump had secret Chinese bank accounts, got hundreds of millions from the China state bank and pays far more taxes to the Chinese than he does to the US.  Fact.

Trump dodged the draft - then smeared John McCain's name, refused to go to a cemetery to honor fallen American soldiers because he didn't want his hair to get wet, took money from the families of US active duty soldiers to build his wall and called US soldiers "losers" and "suckers."  Confirmed by FOX News of all places.

Sorry.  I know you really want to smear Biden.  But nothing he has done compares to what Trump has done over the past four years.  

On 10/23/2020 at 11:51 AM, markharju said:

islam isn't a religion, it's a political death-cult masquerading as one. Doesn't count in my book. If it happens to reform (which seems to be slowly happening), perhaps we can revisit this one day.

Mark,

A few decades ago, well before the crowds, we hired a long tail boat to take us out to the island of Koh Yao Yai 20 or so miles off of Koh Phi Phi, Thailand. No one was there except a Muslim family who put us up in their guest house which was a shack. They were super devout to where the husband walked around with splayed feet and other affectations. We were fed and treated as guests and it was a delight. After everyone else went to bed and he and I drank his one beer and a fair shot of my whiskey and we just shot the shit like guys do except for the language barriers. The next day it was back to being devout. The point is, like the very most of Christians in America, he was an adherent because that's how he was raised. And like most self identifying Christians, he couldn't tell you what was actually in his holy book, good or bad. But he identified with it and was Muslim.

That is just one experience. We have dozens of similar experiences with muslims in Indonesia and Malaysia and elsewhere. At the end of the day both the Bible and the Koran are disasters that encourage slaughter and inequality. Fortunately, the majority of adherents to both have no clue what is in the books and are thus essentially harmless.

(edited)
4 hours ago, billvon said:

The Koran is the holy book for Islam.  The Bible is the holy book for the Bible.  And someone as ignorant of Christianity as you are of Islam would undoubtedly point to the chapters about conquest, rape, murder etc. - and be just as right as you are.

Here's one example, from Numbers 31:
God tells Moses to get vengeance:

"And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying:  “Take vengeance on the Midianites for the children of Israel. Afterward you shall be gathered to your people.” . . .

With God on their side the Christians win:

"And the children of Israel took the women of Midian captive, with their little ones, and took as spoil all their cattle, all their flocks, and all their goods. They also burned with fire all the cities where they dwelt, and all their forts. And they took all the spoil and all the booty—of man and beast."

Moses is angry with them for showing compassion:

"And Moses said to them: “Have you kept all the women alive? Look, these women caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to trespass against the Lord in the incident of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the Lord. Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known a man intimately. But keep alive for yourselves all the young girls who have not known a man intimately."

I bet you can't find a passage in the Koran that says "take vengeance on your enemies, kill all the men and children, kill all the older women, but keep the really young girls so you can rape them."

"But . . . but . . . that's the Old Testament!" you exclaim.  "Jesus says we can ignore that."

Matthew 5:  (this is Jesus talking) - "“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not one jot or tittle shall pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven."

So Jesus says to follow every bit of the Bible.

I notice that once again (and you remarked), the majority of your citations are from the bloody Old Testament. Please see Mark 10:5 - It discusses divorce, but is in context for all Mosaic laws. See also Acts 10:15, which says to not allow oneself to be obsessed with rituals associated with faith.

Please note that Christ said "In everything, then, do to others as you would have them do to you. For this is the essence of the Law and the prophets." That standard is supposed to apply to everyone, without exception. In the unholy koran, charity is only for other moslems, and everyone else is fair game.

I agree that mindless obedience to religious dogma is immoderate and is thus damaging. So the fact remains that unless islam reforms, it's a hazard to the world as well as to its adherents. It's going to take centuries but in the meantime, tolerating terrorism isn't helping anyone.

acidvictims.jpg

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, markharju said:

I notice that once again (and you remarked), the majority of your citations are from the bloody Old Testament.

Yep. And Jesus said you cannot ignore "one jot or tittle" of the Old Testament.  Are you claiming he is wrong?

Please note that Christ said "In everything, then, do to others as you would have them do to you. For this is the essence of the Law and the prophets." That standard is supposed to apply to everyone, without exception. In the unholy koran, charity is only for other moslems, and everyone else is fair game.

"The Prophet said: 'As you would have people do to you, do to them; and what you dislike to be done to you, don't do to them. Now let the stirrup go! This maxim is enough for you; go and act in accordance with it!  None of you truly believes until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself.'  "

Nothing about 'only other Muslims' there.  In fact, it says 'people' right there.

6 hours ago, markharju said:

I notice that once again (and you remarked), the majority of your citations are from the bloody Old Testament.

Well, all of the fundamentalists who insist that evolution is not true, that "God created everyone and everything" are insisting that Genesis is true.

All the ones who claim that homosexuality is against "God's intention" are insisting that everyone follow Leviticus.

How about those 10 Commandments? You know, the ones that all of the zealots want displayed in courthouses and other public buildings (at taxpayer cost)?

You keep insisting that Islam needs reform, yet ignore how many people still follow that 'bloody Old Testament'.

Brings to mind a quote about attending the beam in one's own eye before the mote in the neighbors.

2 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Well, all of the fundamentalists who insist that evolution is not true, that "God created everyone and everything" are insisting that Genesis is true.

All the ones who claim that homosexuality is against "God's intention" are insisting that everyone follow Leviticus.

How about those 10 Commandments? You know, the ones that all of the zealots want displayed in courthouses and other public buildings (at taxpayer cost)?

You keep insisting that Islam needs reform, yet ignore how many people still follow that 'bloody Old Testament'.

Brings to mind a quote about attending the beam in one's own eye before the mote in the neighbors.

WHAT I REALLY WANT TO KNOW IS THIS: WHY IS IT FORBIDDEN TO CRITICIZE ISLAM???

18 minutes ago, markharju said:

?? It's not.  You (and Winsor, and Airdvr, and several others here) do it regularly.  Facebook has millions of posts criticizing Islam.  Where on earth do you get that "it's forbidden to criticize Islam?"

17 minutes ago, markharju said:

Ya ever seen how the fundamentalist Christians react when you criticize them?

They don't cut your head off, but they sure as shit hate you for it.
Despite that thing Jesus taught about 'loving your enemies'.

47 minutes ago, markharju said:

It’s not. You’re just not guaranteed that everyone will laud you for it. Pushback isn’t the same as forbidding. 
Wendy P. 

(edited)
51 minutes ago, markharju said:

It's not. You do it all the time.

I also criticise Islam, and I've never been punished for it.

I was, however, suspended for a day from the Catholic school I attended because I criticised Christianity.

Edited by olofscience

15 minutes ago, billvon said:

Huh, me too.  (Got detention instead of suspension; guess I got off easy.)

Well...possibly because I did it in the form of a silly prank:tongue:

I had to own up though, because the school threatened to punish everyone if the perpetrator/s didn't come forward (collective punishment is banned under the Geneva Convention, but Catholics have better morals, right?)

23 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Kids enriching themselves? Really? What about Ivanka and Jared? It's not like they were qualified for anything they were doing.

Wendy P.

A hell of a lot more than Hunter in the Gas business.  That is by his own admission.

As far as bold faced lies . . .

Biden claimed in the debate that he has never said he is against fracking.

Adamantly defended that he never said anything about eliminating fracking.

Did he just not remember?  Was he flat out lying? 

8 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

A hell of a lot more than Hunter in the Gas business.  That is by his own admission.

Oh you silly billy, you clearly don't have a clue what the grown ups are talking about.

Ivanka and Jared were given jobs they weren't qualified for by Trump, in the administration so they could abuse that power, access and influence for the benefit of the businesses they were still involved with running (one of them being Trump's own business).

Hunter got a job in gas without any input from Joe. See the difference?