1 1
turtlespeed

Hunter Biden's pics and e-mails

11 minutes ago, markharju said:

There's that pejorative again.

No, she was talking about McGowan's dog; you missed the "with."  And her dog is pretty liberal; she only barks at Trump supporters.  And here's the definition of "bitch":

bitch
/biCH/

noun

1. 1.
    a female dog, wolf, fox, or otter.

2 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Does this include the freedom of practicing any religion you want?

Except Islam, of course. We know the slurs you've said about it.

I'm not a fan of any religion but your hypocrisy is quite obvious. But rest assured you have more in common with islamic extremists than non-hypocritical liberals.

islam isn't a religion, it's a political death-cult masquerading as one. Doesn't count in my book. If it happens to reform (which seems to be slowly happening), perhaps we can revisit this one day.

1 minute ago, billvon said:

No, she was talking about McGowan's dog; you missed the "with."  And her dog is pretty liberal; she only barks at Trump supporters.  And here's the definition of "bitch":

bitch
/biCH/

noun

1. 1.
    a female dog, wolf, fox, or otter.

Whatever, Bill. Kindly note that I didn't use those words, others did.

3 minutes ago, markharju said:

islam isn't a religion, it's a political death-cult masquerading as one. Doesn't count in my book. If it happens to reform (which seems to be slowly happening), perhaps we can revisit this one day.

There ya go.  That's what liberalism is all about; attacking and condemning religions you don't understand.  (And, of course, marginalizing women.)

8 minutes ago, markharju said:

Ah, so your fantasizing about watering the earth with blood of your political opponents is because you're part of a political death-cult!

You seem to be describing yourself more and more.

5 minutes ago, billvon said:

(And, of course, marginalizing women.)

well...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billvon said:

There ya go.  That's what liberalism is all about; attacking and condemning religions you don't understand.  (And, of course, marginalizing women.)

I  understand that Ayan Ali Hirsi has been categorized as a hatemonger by the Southern Poverty Law Center because SHE dares to criticize islam. That's all the understanding I  need.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali is no longer listed as such, since 2018 or so. Note, however, that she says: 

"Islam is part religion, and part a political-military doctrine, the part that is a political doctrine contains a world view, a system of laws and a moral code that is totally incompatible with our constitution, our laws, and our way of life."

This could just as easily describe evangelical Christianity.

In her book Heretic (2015) she calls for a reformation of Islam by defeating the Islamists and supporting reformist Muslims.

So she's not anti-Muslim, she's anti islamist and extremist. There's a big difference. I agree that extremist Islam is more restrictive on women, and more interested in violent world order change, than Christianity is these days (although that hasn't always been the case). But to condemn the entire religion and its practitioners for the excesses of a vocal minority is just as wrong as to condemn all of Christianity because of the Westboro Baptist Church.

Wendy P.

16 minutes ago, markharju said:

That's all the understanding I  need.

That's about the level of understanding you desire.  Because the more you learn, the harder it is to hate people for their religion - and I get the feeling you would miss that hate.

(edited)
1 hour ago, billvon said:

That's about the level of understanding you desire.  Because the more you learn, the harder it is to hate people for their religion - and I get the feeling you would miss that hate.

We differ about what "religion" is. It's easy to differentiate between a religion and a cult masquerading as one. Further, I don't see adherents of the Sub-Genius or the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Scientologists hijacking airplanes and piloting them into skyscrapers. There's only one "religion" in the world which demands that its adherents wage war on everyone else. Or more recently, beheaded a schoolteacher in  France. Anyone who demands "tolerance" for such mindless savages does so with my utter contempt.

Edited by Guest

53 minutes ago, markharju said:

There's only one "religion" in the world which demands that its adherents wage war on everyone else.

Indeed.

Deuteronomy 13:12-16

New International Version

12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers(A) have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly.(B) And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you,(C) 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely,[a](D) both its people and its livestock.(E) 16 You are to gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town(F) and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God.(G) That town is to remain a ruin(H) forever, never to be rebuilt...

54 minutes ago, markharju said:

We differ about what "religion" is. It's easy to differentiate between a religion and a cult masquerading as one. Further, I don't see adherents of the Sub-Genius or the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Scientologists hijacking airplanes and piloting them into skyscrapers. There's only one "religion" in the world which demands that its adherents wage war on everyone else. Or more recently, beheaded a schoolteacher in  France. Anyone who demands "tolerance" for such mindless savages does so with my utter contempt.

Or participate in a crusade?

52 minutes ago, markharju said:

What about Buddhism and the Rohingya. Is Buddhism a religion as well or do the Rohingya deserve to be raped, slaughtered and ethnically cleansed?

57 minutes ago, markharju said:

Silly me! I forgot about the christian chaplains in the Wehrmacht in WW1 and WW2?

58 minutes ago, markharju said:

.... There's only one "religion" in the world which demands that its adherents wage war on everyone else. Or more recently, beheaded a schoolteacher in  France. Anyone who demands "tolerance" for such mindless savages does so with my utter contempt.

For Chris%%%%'s sake this whole covid brain numbing thing again! What about: The 1994 Rwanda genocide where christian ministers assisted the murder of the Tutsi ethnic group. Through the entire massacre of 7.7 million people "God" and that was christ was on the side of the Army.

4 hours ago, markharju said:

We differ about what "religion" is. It's easy to differentiate between a religion and a cult masquerading as one. Further, I don't see adherents of the Sub-Genius or the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Scientologists hijacking airplanes and piloting them into skyscrapers. There's only one "religion" in the world which demands that its adherents wage war on everyone else. 

Oh! Oh! I know this one!  Christianity, right?  The only religion, ever, to wage an actual war against another religion - six times!  And killed nine million.

And then there was the Rwandan genocide carried out with the support and guidance of the local churches.  That was "only" about 7 million.

And then there was Anders Breivik who waged war against the evil muslims about ten years back.  Killed 77 kids as I recall - after going to a martyr's mass so he would be sure to get holy forgiveness.

How many people died in 9/11 again?  As many Trump supporters using their COVID math will point out, 9/11 killed only .001% of the people in the US.

10 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Ayaan Hirsi Ali is no longer listed as such, since 2018 or so. Note, however, that she says: 

"Islam is part religion, and part a political-military doctrine, the part that is a political doctrine contains a world view, a system of laws and a moral code that is totally incompatible with our constitution, our laws, and our way of life."

This could just as easily describe evangelical Christianity.

In her book Heretic (2015) she calls for a reformation of Islam by defeating the Islamists and supporting reformist Muslims.

So she's not anti-Muslim, she's anti islamist and extremist. There's a big difference. I agree that extremist Islam is more restrictive on women, and more interested in violent world order change, than Christianity is these days (although that hasn't always been the case). But to condemn the entire religion and its practitioners for the excesses of a vocal minority is just as wrong as to condemn all of Christianity because of the Westboro Baptist Church.

Wendy P.

The fact remains that SPLC did so and continues to act as an influencer in the public sphere for those people and organizations which SPLC has decided in their little star chamber are "hate groups". Hirsi,'s not alone. True (capital "L") Liberals should be outraged over this, but if there are protests about it, I have overlooked them.

5 hours ago, markharju said:

The fact remains that SPLC did so and continues to act as an influencer in the public sphere for those people and organizations which SPLC has decided in their little star chamber are "hate groups". Hirsi,'s not alone. True (capital "L") Liberals should be outraged over this, but if there are protests about it, I have overlooked them.

You understand why this means liberals should be outraged by you too, right?

(edited)
15 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

Silly me! I forgot about the christian chaplains in the Wehrmacht in WW1 and WW2?

My speed reading saw that as "chapels in Walmart."  

Convenient given a lot Christians do their shopping on Sunday after church.  Maybe we could just tithe and take whatever we need, like a subscription service. . .

Edited by Coreece

20 hours ago, billvon said:

Oh! Oh! I know this one!  Christianity, right?  The only religion, ever, to wage an actual war against another religion - six times!  And killed nine million.

And then there was the Rwandan genocide carried out with the support and guidance of the local churches.  That was "only" about 7 million.

And then there was Anders Breivik who waged war against the evil muslims about ten years back.  Killed 77 kids as I recall - after going to a martyr's mass so he would be sure to get holy forgiveness.

How many people died in 9/11 again?  As many Trump supporters using their COVID math will point out, 9/11 killed only .001% of the people in the US.

<heavy sigh> We've been over this before, William. There's nothing in the New Testament about conquest, enslavement, etc., whereas the unholy koran contains STRICT MARCHING ORDERS for adherents to follow, or else.

No, Mark, nothing in the NT. Lots in the OT, and evangelical Christians are encouraged to believe that ALL of the Bible is true, including the OT; especially the part about homosexuality, but not usually including the part about not mixing fibers or eating bacon

Wendy P. 

On 10/22/2020 at 11:06 PM, kallend said:

It truly amazes me that the Trumpists choose to throw stones from their glass house. 

When it comes to lies, no-one comes close to Trump.

When it comes to moral turpitude, no-one comes close to Trump.

When it comes to your kids using your position to enrich themselves, no-one comes close to Trump.

When it comes to enriching yourself at taxpayer expense, no-one comes close to Trump.

etc.

That's amazing you can say that. presumably with a straight face too.

1 hour ago, markharju said:

<heavy sigh> We've been over this before, William. There's nothing in the New Testament about conquest, enslavement, etc., whereas the unholy koran contains STRICT MARCHING ORDERS for adherents to follow, or else.

trump loves to wave the bible so you could have got these insightful quotes from him as well. Below all from the word of christ.

"But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. ...

But if there is harm, then you shall pay life for life, ...

For he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. .

If a thief is found breaking in and is struck so that he dies, there shall be no bloodguilt for him,

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

The Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Avenge the people of Israel on the Midianites. Afterward you shall be gathered to your people.” So Moses spoke to the people, saying, “Arm men from among you for the war, that they may go against Midian to execute the Lord's vengeance on Midian. You shall send a thousand from each of the tribes of Israel to the war.” So there were provided, out of the thousands of Israel, a thousand from each tribe, twelve thousand armed for war. ... "

and on and on there are many many more.