1 1
turtlespeed

Hunter Biden's pics and e-mails

On 10/16/2020 at 8:38 PM, SkyDekker said:

Even if true I wouldn't agree.

When you get approached by a lawyer saying, hey I have this hard drive and it has a shit ton of incriminating emails regarding your client. Your first demand is going to be: let's see this hard drive. No lawyer is going to say: oh you found the lost hard drive with all the incriminating emails, please send it back so we can hide it again.

Just to clarify:  The lawyer approached the shop owner to have him return the property.

(edited)
6 hours ago, turtlespeed said:

Just to clarify:  The lawyer approached the shop owner to have him return the property.

The property that the shop owner had given to the FBI?

Edited by jakee

It doesn't need to be actually be a 'thing' to have the intended effect of raising a specter of doubt in some minds. Look at the last time this shit happened with Clinton's emails - NOTHING came out of it, but it was enough to torpedo her chances.

Trump's team will KEEP releasing bullshit like this and will move onto the next one before the dust has settled from the previous time all the way up to the election. They don't care if it's true. All they care about is that it changes one undecided to a Trump supporter. 

4 hours ago, yoink said:

It doesn't need to be actually be a 'thing' to have the intended effect of raising a specter of doubt in some minds. Look at the last time this shit happened with Clinton's emails - NOTHING came out of it, but it was enough to torpedo her chances.

Trump's team will KEEP releasing bullshit like this and will move onto the next one before the dust has settled from the previous time all the way up to the election. They don't care if it's true. All they care about is that it changes one undecided to a Trump supporter. 

Hi Will,

And, at this point in time ( I sent my ballot in yesterday ), I doubt that it will make much more difference than that 'one undecided.'

IMO, this is Game Over.  Trump is in full panic mode; whatever he comes up with next will just be crazier that the last thing he tried, all to no avail.

He can share a flat with Snowden in Moscow.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 2

PBS story on the Ukraine 'situation':

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/are-trump-allies-peddling-russian-disinformation-about-the-bidens?fbclid=IwAR0x0WP3BmN37PVScC-tV0ZqkwPOefnEv4A9drNzEQzSE7blaz4qbvlJ9IA

Bottom line - Russian disinformation peddled by Giuliani. Trump was warned by several top-level US Intel types. 

3 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Will,

And, at this point in time ( I sent my ballot in yesterday ), I doubt that it will make much more difference than that 'one undecided.'

IMO, this is Game Over.  Trump is in full panic mode; whatever he comes up with next will just be crazier that the last thing he tried, all to no avail.

He can share a flat with Snowden in Moscow.

Jerry Baumchen

I hope.

But that 10% chance combined with the the way the electoral college works and the shenanigans the Republicans are pulling keeps me up at night.

2 hours ago, mistercwood said:

This entire "scandal" is so painfully, embarrassingly obvious as a fake that I fully expect Rudy to turn out to be Jacob Wohl in a mask. It's about that level of incompetence.

You'd be surprised how many idiots are falling for it.

It's pretty pathetic.

7 hours ago, mistercwood said:

This entire "scandal" is so painfully, embarrassingly obvious as a fake that I fully expect Rudy to turn out to be Jacob Wohl in a mask. It's about that level of incompetence.

The only thing that makes me think the information might be true (though Rudy was surely fed Hunter's emails by Russian hackers, not a blind computer repair shop conspiracy theorist) is how weak and irrelevant the dirt is. For all the fanfare there is nothing they've released that reflects badly on Joe Biden, much less is evidence of actual corruption or misbehaviour. 

If it was all fake couldn't they have invented something punchier?

Well, the background on this story is getting sillier & sillier.

The story was pretty transparently bogus from the start, especially since Giuliani has been hanging around with Andrii Derkach, a Ukrainian lawmaker who, according to the Treasury Department, is a longtime Russian agent. According to the Treasury, Derkach has been working to promote “false and unsubstantiated narratives concerning U.S. officials in the upcoming 2020 election.” Giuliani was an eager listener.
Today, Katie Robertson at the New York Times reported that the New York Post article was so suspect that its lead author refused to put his name on it. The two main sources for the story were Stephen Bannon, Trump’s former advisor who is under federal indictment for fraud, and Giuliani. Giuliani said he took the story to the Post because “either nobody else would take it, or if they took it, they would spend all the time they could to try to contradict it before they put it out.” One woman whose name finally appeared on the story is a former associate producer for Sean Hannity’s show and has been at the newspaper only since April. The other did not work on the story and only discovered her name was on it after it was published. The New York Times, the Washington Post and the Wall Street Journal have all said they could not verify the story.

So Giuliani has been hanging around with a Russian agent. He & Steve Bannon are the 'sources'.
Nobody but a tabloid would take the story.
The lead author refused to put his name on the story, and one of the purported 'authors' didn't even know about it until after it was published.

Link to HCR's page (if you read this after today, you may have to scroll down to read this - It's the one from Oct 18th):

https://www.facebook.com/heathercoxrichardson/

On 10/19/2020 at 1:58 PM, wolfriverjoe said:

Well, the background on this story is getting sillier & sillier.

So Giuliani has been hanging around with a Russian agent. He & Steve Bannon are the 'sources'.
Nobody but a tabloid would take the story.
The lead author refused to put his name on the story, and one of the purported 'authors' didn't even know about it until after it was published.

Link to HCR's page (if you read this after today, you may have to scroll down to read this - It's the one from Oct 18th):

https://www.facebook.com/heathercoxrichardson/

https://nypost.com/2020/10/20/doj-agrees-hunter-biden-emails-are-not-russian-disinformation-report/

Not a russian disinformation thing - says Ratcliff.

3 minutes ago, turtlespeed said:

And then there is the Chinese bank account and the Chinese payments and the Chinese trademarks for the family.

And the intelligence staff who claim it is Russian disinformation. Trump's staff have shown that they cannot be trusted or believed.

4 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

And then there is the Chinese bank account and the Chinese payments and the Chinese trademarks for the family.

And the intelligence staff who claim it is Russian disinformation. Trump's staff have shown that they cannot be trusted or believed.

So has Biden, but you are on his side.

Just now, turtlespeed said:

So has Biden, but you are on his side.

Please do provide proof of a Chinese bank account. Proof of Chinese trademarks granted to a Biden. 

For once in your online career do something more than the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

Please do provide proof of a Chinese bank account. Proof of Chinese trademarks granted to a Biden. 

For once in your online career do something more than the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming.

Why should he be any different?

spacer.png

On 10/19/2020 at 2:12 AM, kallend said:

Fake or not, it is pretty thin broth compared with the corruption of the Trump clan.

Simply put and completely right. Some people here on SC have a near preternatural ability to miss the point entirely. Others here seem bent on proving the existence or wormholes through argument. But mostly it's all pretty damn simple: compare, weigh and move on.