1 1
kallend

Vote fraud is real and it's the GOP doing it

3 hours ago, yoink said:

This is third world tinpot dictatorship bullshit.

trump took America from  #16th to #23 on the world corruption index rankings. Not third world yet. But with one more term the US could tie the highest ranking African country(Botswana) for corruption.

6 hours ago, kallend said:

Come on, Libtards, so now you have a problem with folks volunteering to assist voters? It's a constitutional right kids.

"An unregulated ballot box, being necessary to the pirating of a free and fair election, the right of Republicans to collect and count your ballot shall not be infringed."

• Like 1

Well, the 'funniest' part of this is that they publicized it themselves. Pretending that the boxes allow the people dropping them off to 'designate' someone else to turn the ballot in. 

Either they are too stupid to know how that works, or so arrogant they think they can get away with it.

I’m starting to think that in future everyone gets a ballot that has a carbon copy slip, and on voting day one copy goes to the ballot and the carbon copy goes into some sort of vault in order to have a checks mechanism.

17 minutes ago, yoink said:

I’m starting to think that in future everyone gets a ballot that has a carbon copy slip, and on voting day one copy goes to the ballot and the carbon copy goes into some sort of vault in order to have a checks mechanism.

Perhaps a blockchain document verification system might be a similar solution:

https://medium.com/blockchainexpert-blog/document-verification-using-blockchain-a02c059ed97b

• Like 1

(edited)

Just another reason to move all this shit online. The entire world economy--every stock in existence in every country in existence, and the sum of all money in every account at every bank in every legitimate currency--can be accessed online, even via my phone while taking a shit. We are able to do that all the time, but we cant vote online? I'd say trillions of dollars in stock and cash in digital form is worth more than any election is, so safe to say that we have already done 'bigger, better things' online so safe to say the medium has been tested and demonstrated as acceptable.

Edited by Westerly
  • Like 1

(edited)
13 hours ago, Westerly said:

I'd say trillions of dollars in stock and cash in digital form is worth more than any election is, 

I'm not sure I'd agree with this.

How much do you think it has been worth to Russia to have Trump as a president? How much value can you put on controlling the outcome of a first world county election. Value is more than just cash.

If a trillion dollars goes missing from a bank then people notice and processes to recover / replace the money is implemented. If a country is accused of manipulating an election look at what DID happen - nothing.

I'd be super cautious about fully digital voting. There are ways to break any digital process unless we suddenly invent quantum encryption. Hackers always have the advantage in this type of system.

Edited by yoink

(edited)
On 10/13/2020 at 12:54 PM, yoink said:

I'm not sure I'd agree with this.

How much do you think it has been worth to Russia to have Trump as a president? How much value can you put on controlling the outcome of a first world county election. Value is more than just cash.

If a trillion dollars goes missing from a bank then people notice and processes to recover / replace the money is implemented. If a country is accused of manipulating an election look at what DID happen - nothing.

I'd be super cautious about fully digital voting. There are ways to break any digital process unless we suddenly invent quantum encryption. Hackers always have the advantage in this type of system.

People seriously overestimate the power that the president has. It's like 'oh so and so got elected, my life is ruined now'. I have been alive to see 8 presidents so far and not one of them have had any major impact on my life regardless if they were dem or republican. The president is not nearly as powerful as most people think. Congress as a whole can override any order the president makes, and congress has powers that the president does not have such as the ability to write laws and declare war. However, the reverse is not true. There is virtually nothing that the president can do that congress cannot do. Many people blame the president for no centralized mask mandate, but congress could easily mandate such. In fact congress could make it a federal law to wear a mask, which is something the president cannot do.

Then there are judges. A judge has more power than the president does in some respects because a judge can deem any order the president issues as illegal and void. This happens on a regular basis actually.

Edited by Westerly

(edited)
On 10/13/2020 at 1:31 PM, gowlerk said:

Without paper backup you can never be sure. Some things are just worth the extra bother.

Well I dident say fully online. Just the choice of online voting. You can do paper or digital, your choice. Also, paper is notoriously unreliable and inaccurate. COUGH FLORIDA RECOUNT. Remember that one? How many times did they fuck that up and still the final total was probably inaccurate.

Believe it or not there was a time when all banking was done on paper. Your account summary was a piece of paper typed up by a teller on a typewriter and then kept on file. Studies have been conducted on digital banking vs old school paper banking and basically it was found that errors were on the order of tens of thousands of times more common back in the days of all paper banking than they were in the new age of digital banking. That is because computers can do something humans cannot--exact perfect equations with 100% accuracy. Humans are always fallible to mistakes and computers are so accurate they are borderline perfect. Name the last time your calculator ever gave you the wrong answer for a math equation? Never. It doesn't happen because they never make mistakes. Even the oldest, most obsolete computer is still a factor of a thousand times more accurate than the most reliable human to ever walk the earth. Math equations that took Albert Einstein days to solve a modern computer can solve in less than 1 millisecond. So how exactly do you think that humans are supposed to compete with that for accuracy and reliability? You think the final counts toward elections are accurate? I absofuckinglutely guarantee you they are not. I bet it's off by tens of thousands of votes if not a hundred thousand.

Edited by Westerly

43 minutes ago, Westerly said:

People seriously overestimate the power that the president has. It's like 'oh so and so got elected, my life is ruined now'. I have been alive to see 8 presidents so far and not one of them have had any major impact on my life regardless if they were dem or republican. 

This one had a pretty significant impact on the lives of ~200,000 Americans and their families.

Many people blame the president for no centralized mask mandate

I don't blame him for "no centralized mask mandate."  I blame him for openly mocking the people who wear masks, for asking his supporters to not wear them, for minimizing COVID-19 for as long as he could, for telling his supporters to LIBERATE states from COVID mitigations, and for pushing quack remedies over mitigations that work.

51 minutes ago, Westerly said:

Well I dident say fully online. Just the choice of online voting. You can do paper or digital, your choice. Also, paper is notoriously unreliable and inaccurate. COUGH FLORIDA RECOUNT. Remember that one? How many times did they fuck that up and still the final total was probably inaccurate.

Believe it or not there was a time when all banking was done on paper. Your account summary was a piece of paper typed up by a teller on a typewriter and then kept on file. Studies have been conducted on digital banking vs old school paper banking and basically it was found that errors were on the order of tens of thousands of times more common back in the days of all paper banking than they were in the new age of digital banking. That is because computers can do something humans cannot--exact perfect equations with 100% accuracy. Humans are always fallible to mistakes and computers are so accurate they are borderline perfect. Name the last time your calculator ever gave you the wrong answer for a math equation? Never. It doesn't happen because they never make mistakes. Even the oldest, most obsolete computer is still a factor of a thousand times more accurate than the most reliable human to ever walk the earth. Math equations that took Albert Einstein days to solve a modern computer can solve in less than 1 millisecond. So how exactly do you think that humans are supposed to compete with that for accuracy and reliability? You think the final counts toward elections are accurate? I absofuckinglutely guarantee you they are not. I bet it's off by tens of thousands of votes if not a hundred thousand.

Edit more, write less.

8 hours ago, Westerly said:

You think the final counts toward elections are accurate? I absofuckinglutely guarantee you they are not. I bet it's off by tens of thousands of votes if not a hundred thousand.

I never said computers can't count. Banking must be accurate because both sides of the transaction keep their own count. A bank that cheats will be out of business very soon. Voting is done by secret ballot. Where is the accountability? Without a record of who voted for who, there can be none.

(edited)
25 minutes ago, airdvr said:

I thought you said in another thread that there was no fraud.

There has not been any wide spread fraud, despite Trump's claims.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2020/09/24/fbi-director-says-no-evidence-of-national-voter-fraud-effort-undercutting-trump/#422f3aa64974

That article covers what has happened

This is new. 

I honestly don't know if the Rs planting those boxes plan on somehow opening the ballots and discarding ones that they don't like.

But I find it hard to believe that they are just doing it 'out of the goodness of their hearts.'

And it's illegal. 

Edit to add:
Oh yeah, and the postal worker who was caught throwing away political mail (including political mailers and ballot applications, but no actual ballots) has been found to be a "Qcumber". 

https://www.newsweek.com/postal-worker-mail-qanon-pittsburgh-conspiracy-1539322

Edited by wolfriverjoe