mgm7701

Remembering Robert W Stanley

I have been out of the sport a while and was thinking of fellow instructors I had worked with and came upon Rob's untimely passing due to a fatal landing in China on July 4 2019.  I first met Rob at Skydive Cross Keys in Williamstown, NJ. We were both tandem and Aff Instructors and then later the two of us were loaned out to assist with Parachutes Are Fun in Salisbury MD (Gordon Reiner).  Rob's infectious smile, laugh, and high speed verbiage cracked me up to no end; he talked at three times the normal speed.  Rob was an incredibly talented flyer and instructor, I always envied his lack of fear and spiritual attitude to the sport, despite so many close calls including surviving 2 plane crashes. He was a great companion in the sport and never had a bad word to say about anyone or anything. He will be terribly missed. Somewhere there is a highlight video of a jet passing underneath Rob and another instructor's AFF dive. 

Edited by mgm7701
typo